Aaron Calixte

I wonder if that ends his time at OU. Hopefully Reynolds can play the point.

Brutal. Hard to believe a guy coming to OU knowing he only has one chance to play at this level would made that kind of decision. Whatever the outcome is, I'm glad we have a coach whose judgment I trust 100%.

Can I embed tweets here? Till then here's Eric Bailey's tweet from a moment ago:

OU statement on #Sooners PG Aaron Calixte, who was cited on drug paraphernalia charge:

"We are aware of the matter and will respond to it internally."

Last edited:
More from Eric Bailey...

More on Aaron Calixte citation on possession of drug paraphernalia:

* Pulled over at 130am on 8/25 (Boyd and Asp) for improper left turn

*Police smelled burnt marijuana, found small blunt

*Calixte admitted to smoking earlier in day and didn't know it was in vehicle.

Id assume it’s a crap load of running and we’ll be fine.

gone? this is so minor. here is my PSA...

Aaron, don’t keep roaches in your car, man. thanks.

gone? this is so minor. here is my PSA...

Aaron, don’t keep roaches in your car, man. thanks.

Or how about don't smoke pot when this is literally your last year to play college basketball. Especially when an aritcle just came out about how committed he is to this team and making a deep tourney run.

Yeah, about that.

Yes, smoking pot may be minor but it is still illegal and they need to stay away from it. especially during the season/preseason

His punishment should amount to running, a lot of running. Nothing more.

This is a very minor infraction. No need to overreact. Punish him and move on. No freaking way should he be kicked off the team. That’s ludicrous.

Or how about don't smoke pot when this is literally your last year to play college basketball. Especially when an aritcle just came out about how committed he is to this team and making a deep tourney run.

Yeah, about that.

Yes, smoking pot may be minor but it is still illegal and they need to stay away from it. especially during the season/preseason

Underage drinking is illegal too. Should we kick everyone off the team that has been drunk in college?

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that his punishment will be more than extra running/conditioning and less than being kicked off the team. I think it's pretty clear that Lon has a much shorter leash than most coaches when it comes to this kind of stuff, which is undoubtedly one of the reasons it is so rare to hear about any of our players getting in trouble. Whatever happens, I'll trust that Lon put a lot of thought into it before making a decision.

His punishment should amount to running, a lot of running. Nothing more.

This is a very minor infraction. No need to overreact. Punish him and move on. No freaking way should he be kicked off the team. That’s ludicrous.

He'll get the same punishment that Cousin's got from his underage drunk hiding from cops. It'll be an internal punishment

Back