Aaron Calixte

getting in trouble with the law is being a bad leader. setting a bad example.

And again, he wasn't just caught smoking weed. He was caught with weed while operating a vehicle.

they have no real way of knowing if marijuana is causing accidents to increase. don’t be misled. all those reports are people who tested positive and had used recently, like within weeks, not within hours of the accident. there is no thc breathylizer. and its legal in cali, oregon, nevada, washington, and what, maine? show me those increasing stats, too.

I’m finished. Aaron, good luck. keep it clean. I look forward to you helping lead this team.

they have no real way of knowing if marijuana is causing accidents to increase. don’t be misled. all those reports are people who tested positive and had used recently, like within weeks, not within hours of the accident. there is no thc breathylizer. and its legal in cali, oregon, nevada, washington, and what, maine? show me those increasing stats, too.

plus there is no accommodation to test b/w hybrids and indica/sativa dominant strains. the effects of both are very different on the body and the mind.

If the CEO of a publicly traded company can smoke a blunt on a radio show (Elon Musk) then who a we to criticize a college kid from Maine about doing it? Nothing to see here folks.

Obviously many on the board (surprise surprise) do not understand the tenets of "freedom of association", and when those tenets are not met, the association may be un-bound.

only if it's a fair and just law. at some points leadership entails setting the example by breaking it. you're just relying on your own values ... values that are much different in other cultures and changing dramatically in this one. there were also states where it was against the law for blacks to play ball with whites.

i'm sorry. you're rule isn't an absolute. get over it.

You , as a lawyer, are telling me that a law isn't a law? Its just my opinion?

So if I think drinking and driving isn't fair and just, it's ok for me to drink and drive?

C'mon cool...this is bogus, even for you.

He's not and was never the leader of this team. He's a grad transfer and we needed a PG.

very well may be true. But should we not want all players to be leaders? Do you not think a grad transfer would be looked at for leadership to the young guys coming in?

He broke the law. He put other people in danger. It was a really bad judgement based on his circumstances

Ridiculous post.

He showed neither good or bad "leadership" during this incident.

That's like saying, "oh yea, Calixte demonstrated superb leadership by violating social norms and picking his nose in public. Nailed it"... Picking your nose in public and smoking weed demonstrate leadership qualities in the same way, in that they don't.

breaking the law and putting people at risk of injury isn't bad leadership?

What is this world coming to?

He wasn't smoking in his dorm. He was smoking while operating a vehicle.

I’m finished. Aaron, good luck. keep it clean. I look forward to you helping lead this team.

stats are stats.

And there are plenty of research out there saying it slows down your reaction time and decision making.

If the CEO of a publicly traded company can smoke a blunt on a radio show (Elon Musk) then who a we to criticize a college kid from Maine about doing it? Nothing to see here folks.

was elon musk caught driving while smoking? No? Where was Elon smoking? What state?

I don't care that he smokes. I care about how and when he does and the lack of good decision making shown by smoking in a car when you are new to town in your last year of playing college basketball.

You , as a lawyer, are telling me that a law isn't a law? Its just my opinion?

So if I think drinking and driving isn't fair and just, it's ok for me to drink and drive?

C'mon cool...this is bogus, even for you.

Jebediah Springfield: The king is ridiculous! All these taxes and little rules yet we don't even have a voice in Parliament!

Tory Toryson: But it's the law Jebediah! What else are we to do?? If the king wants to tax us then there's nothing we can do about it but blindly obey!! Why are you dressing up like an Indian and heading to the Boston Harbor?? Oh, and make sure to always sing when the band plays "God Save The Queen". No kneeling!!

Jebediah Springfield: The king is ridiculous! All these taxes and little rules yet we don't even have a voice in Parliament!

Tory Toryson: But it's the law Jebediah! What else are we to do?? If the king wants to tax us then there's nothing we can do about it but blindly obey!! Why are you dressing up like an Indian and heading to the Boston Harbor?? Oh, and make sure to always sing when the band plays "God Save The Queen". No kneeling!!
so in other words, all laws are relative to the individual. Cool

so in other words, all laws are relative to the individual. Cool

I merely try to point out that these laws aren't absolute and you just keep doubling down. Are you genuinely so daft such that you don't understand or merely so stubborn that you can't see how things evolve?

Either way ... just as with all things there IS another side to the issue. Your failure to see it is your own weakness.

I merely try to point out that these laws aren't absolute and you just keep doubling down. Are you genuinely so daft such that you don't understand or merely so stubborn that you can't see how things evolve?

Either way ... just as with all things there IS another side to the issue. Your failure to see it is your own weakness.

I believe in personal responsibility to follow the law. Especially when you are being paid to go to school and are in the spot light.

And if you don't think a law is fair, you fight to change it....not just not follow it.

guess what ... not everyone believes as you do! the world doesnt revolve around you. people vary. it's a fact.

Could we move this discussion to a pot message board now that the majority of the posts have nothing to do with what is likely to happen to Calixte?

guess what ... not everyone believes as you do! the world doesnt revolve around you. people vary. it's a fact.

that's exactly my point. and I never made such a claim.

Laws are not relative. You can't pick and choose which ones are legit based on your personal beliefs like a cafeteria.

If you don't think a law is just or fair, there are ways to change it. Disobeying it is not a proper action.

You seem to think that b/c somebody thinks there is nothing wrong with a prohibited action, it is ok to break the law. That is very misguided.

It is a fact that people vary. It is also a fact that smoking pot (let alone smoking while driving) is illegal...regardless of your personal feelings.

man, potheads must love you as a lawyer...but I can't imagine you have a very succesful percentage basing everything on feelers

If you don't think a law is just or fair, there are ways to change it. Disobeying it is not a proper action.

I'm not putting Calixte's actions in this category, but many laws have been changed because of -- and only because of -- civil disobedience.

Back