Aaron Calixte

Or we could talk hoops and not politics and weed!:facepalm

well, when a player gets involved in weed legal issues, it kind of becomes a part of ou basketball discussion.

It's not like there is much else to talk about so I don't see an issue.

If the mods want to move it thats fine but it's not like this isn't related to OU basketball

There's a reason Bounce has been banned from pretty much every other major OU forum.

There's a reason Bounce has been banned from pretty much every other major OU forum.

really? I'm not banned anywhere.
And if expecting more from a senior shows a lack of character, than so be it. I"m sorry that I don't like ou athletes (or any person) driving under the influence.

really? I'm not banned anywhere.
And if expecting more from a senior shows a lack of character, than so be it. I"m sorry that I don't like ou athletes (or any person) driving under the influence.

amen...

ESPECIALLY when he was brought in for just 1 year. Not a smart decision on his part at all.

A very smart person recently said that people normally do not drink to get drunk but they smoke pot to get high.

I am clearly biased about drugs. I had seven nephews. Three of them got into drugs. One is dead at age 17 and the other now in their 50's are living ruined lives and have both been in prison on drug related charges.

Worse still, my wife's best friend lost her son who died in his 30's while awaiting trial for vehicular homicide while under the infleunce of drugs, another close friend of he son died on an overdose and a second friend murdered his father and mother.

I believe that both of the fatalities other than the overdose were homicides (probably murdered by their druggie "friends") but were not even investigated. Clearly the police were relieved that it was just another druggie off the street.

Calixte may already be into the hard stuff. There seem to be studies saying that pot is or isn't a gateway drug so it is nearly impossible to reasonably debate the subject. Today you can get a study that provides any result you want. But everytime Calixte has a below par game many will point to his drug use.

Last edited:
In TODAY'S society smoking a blunt is no different than smoking a cigarette - except that the blunt has more positive effects than the latter. get out of the 1950's.

A very smart person recently said that people normally do not drink to get drunk but they smoke pot to get high.

I used to make this very same argument, but considering how little alcohol it takes to impact or even impair one's abilities, intention doesn't really matter. If someone's had a couple of drinks, they have no more business driving, for example, than someone who smoked pot.

Some people get a little high, just as some get just a little alcohol buzz. They stop after a couple of hits, just as many people limit themselves to a drink or two.

I'm very sorry that you lost young people you cared about but I've had too many friends who struggled just as much with drinking as your loved ones did with drugs to discount the dangers of alcohol. Plenty of people who have struggled with drugs began as drinkers, too.

Funny story.... I was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago. One of the side effects of chemo is I sometimes lose my appetite. My son brought some pot from Colorado for me to try. Now I was never a smoker. Not ever. I tried the pot twice hoping it would be an appetite stimulant..... create a craving for Cheetos 🤪. He just laughed at me because I didn’t know how to inhale. I gave up after 2 times because I decided I made it OK without ever smoking, and I didn’t need to start now. I can assure you I didn’t try it to get high.

Funny story.... I was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago. One of the side effects of chemo is I sometimes lose my appetite. My son brought some pot from Colorado for me to try. Now I was never a smoker. Not ever. I tried the pot twice hoping it would be an appetite stimulant..... create a craving for Cheetos ��. He just laughed at me because I didn’t know how to inhale. I gave up after 2 times because I decided I made it OK without ever smoking, and I didn’t need to start now. I can assure you I didn’t try it to get high.

My mom's side of the family has a genetic disorder causing the muscle wall of our abdomen to be prone to numerous hernias. I had 5 hernia surgeries for umbilical, diaphragm, and mid hernias. In each case Dr. Carey used that mesh you see them advertising on TV all the time now for lawsuits.

The mesh causes the intestines to adhere (grow into) and as they normally move a bit (thru digestion and gas) it makes the intestines tear. It's rather painful, causes bowel obstructions (even more painful), and leads to a need for intestinal resections. The doctors have prescribed me pain drugs for years but I smoke weed instead of taking them. It ceases the pain and keeps me from being addicted to pain killers and/or opioids. As a result of those 5 hernia operations I have now had 3 bowel obstruction surgeries, 3 resections resulting in 40% of my intestines being removed, and I have a permanent opening in my abdomen (formerly a colostomy) that drains daily and they will not repair. I also get horrid infections quite often. THIS is why I smoke marijuana. If I get high in addition to an ease of pain that's just an added bonus. If you want to rail on me for my use then thats cool - but you need to recognize it's not just to get high.

Last edited:
FYI - a World Health Organization report out today lists alcohol as a main factor in 1 out of every 20 deaths worldwide today. Marijuana is not even on the list because ZERO people die from marijuana or marijuana related accidents.

In TODAY'S society smoking a blunt is no different than smoking a cigarette - except that the blunt has more positive effects than the latter. get out of the 1950's.

umm no.

First off, you can't compare the effects of cigs and weed by society. It's a scientific objective comparison...not a subjective one. The effects don't change with time.

Secondly, weed can alter your mood, reaction time, etc. So to say smoking weed is the same as cigs is just ridiculously uneducated

I used to make this very same argument, but considering how little alcohol it takes to impact or even impair one's abilities, intention doesn't really matter. If someone's had a couple of drinks, they have no more business driving, for example, than someone who smoked pot.

Some people get a little high, just as some get just a little alcohol buzz. They stop after a couple of hits, just as many people limit themselves to a drink or two.

I'm very sorry that you lost young people you cared about but I've had too many friends who struggled just as much with drinking as your loved ones did with drugs to discount the dangers of alcohol. Plenty of people who have struggled with drugs began as drinkers, too.

nobody is saying drinking alcohol is any better than weed. That is moving the goal posts.

My mom's side of the family has a genetic disorder causing the muscle wall of our abdomen to be prone to numerous hernias. I had 5 hernia surgeries for umbilical, diaphragm, and mid hernias. In each case Dr. Carey used that mesh you see them advertising on TV all the time now for lawsuits.

The mesh causes the intestines to adhere (grow into) and as they normally move a bit (thru digestion and gas) it makes the intestines tear. It's rather painful, causes bowel obstructions (even more painful), and leads to a need for intestinal resections. The doctors have prescribed me pain drugs for years but I smoke weed instead of taking them. It ceases the pain and keeps me from being addicted to pain killers and/or opioids. As a result of those 5 hernia operations I have now had 3 bowel obstruction surgeries, 3 resections resulting in 40% of my intestines being removed, and I have a permanent opening in my abdomen (formerly a colostomy) that drains daily and they will not repair. I also get horrid infections quite often. THIS is why I smoke marijuana. If I get high in addition to an ease of pain that's just an added bonus. If you want to rail on me for my use then thats cool - but you need to recognize it's not just to get high.

nobody said it was to just get high

FYI - a World Health Organization report out today lists alcohol as a main factor in 1 out of every 20 deaths worldwide today.
Nobody is disputing that. Just b/c somethign isn't as bad as alcohol doesn't mean it can't be harmful as well.

Marijuana is not even on the list because ZERO people die from marijuana or marijuana related accidents.
this is just patently false.

I am a little alarmed at the cavalier attitude toward drugs today. But I am always willing to admit that I am wrong. So I did some research looking for sites that would have less reason for a bias one way or other. In summary

1. The consensus is that Marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol when driving.
2. There are more potent strains available and some have inserted it in cookies where I have read accounts of fatal overdose.
3. Use of marijuana by pregnant women have ill effects on their babies.

Yeah, I am from the 50's, a 56 grad of OU. In that time we only had a problem with alcohol. Most regular drinkers said they only took a few drinks and that they could handle it; UNTIL THEY COULDN'T.

I am a little alarmed at the cavalier attitude toward drugs today. But I am always willing to admit that I am wrong. So I did some research looking for sites that would have less reason for a bias one way or other. In summary

1. The consensus is that Marijuana is less dangerous than alcohol when driving.
2. There are more potent strains available and some have inserted it in cookies where I have read accounts of fatal overdose.
3. Use of marijuana by pregnant women have ill effects on their babies.

Yeah, I am from the 50's, a 56 grad of OU. In that time we only had a problem with alcohol. Most regular drinkers said they only took a few drinks and that they could handle it; UNTIL THEY COULDN'T.

i have no issues with legalizing the drug strictly off the fact that alcohol is worse.

However, there seems to be a growing attitude that it has no negative side effects. Which is dangerous.

Back