Aaron Calixte

facts dont lie? LOL. you talk like a grade schooler. facts often lie. where is your causation? or are you just relying on "post hoc ergo propter hoc"?

I've smoked it since the 80's and I've represented many many people (thousands) for DUI cases. the number of DUI-MJ cases is so small that it's almost negligible. And they are most certainly NOT characterized by the destruction and "rowdiness" you see with drunks in the same situation.

you shouldnt assume things you know nothing about.

nothing in your posts disprove the facts.

Yes, we all know you are a pot head.
I assume since you think it doesn't affect impairment, it should be legal to smoke weed and drive?

And don't try to turn this into an alcohol vs weed discussion. It is irrelevant to the conversation.

facts dont lie? LOL. you talk like a grade schooler. facts often lie. where is your causation? or are you just relying on "post hoc ergo propter hoc"?

I've smoked it since the 80's and I've represented many many people (thousands) for DUI cases. the number of DUI-MJ cases is so small that it's almost negligible. And they are most certainly NOT characterized by the destruction and "rowdiness" you see with drunks in the same situation.

you shouldnt assume things you know nothing about.

Sure seems like you might also have an agenda, as you accuse the DA of having.

We all get it -- you smoke pot, you are a defense attorney, you are great at your job, etc. Not sure what any of this has to do with Calixte and what discipline he is likely to receive, but maybe you should consider the possibility that others on the board are also experienced attorneys who know what they are talking about, they just don't feel the need to shout that fact to the world.

nothing in your posts disprove the facts.

what facts? your lack of causation makes it just as likely that my presence at the courthouse keeps polar bears from attacking.

maybe you should consider the possibility that others on the board are also experienced attorneys who know what they are talking about, they just don't feel the need to shout that fact to the world.

so I am supposed to assume the silence indicates knowledgeable professionals disagree with me? well when they speak up I will be happy to engage. as it stands now I am fairly confident that anyone who represents a bunch of DUI's knows what I am talking about. but the silence is certainly deafening so they must have a really strong case.

Sure seems like you might also have an agenda, as you accuse the DA of having.

He does.

He is a two bit hack that has found a niche in the types of cases he takes, and the people he works with. Take that as you will.

He does.

He is a two bit hack that has found a niche in the types of cases he takes, and the people he works with. Take that as you will.

if you have a problem with me then why dont you not be a coward and say it to my face? putz.

Gentlemen, this is degenerating to polical views. Take your squabbles to some other board. Let’s stick to a OU sports news. The last thing we need is to polarize this board.

Gentlemen, this is degenerating to polical views. Take your squabbles to some other board. Let’s stick to a OU sports news. The last thing we need is to polarize this board.

This is OU sports news

well, when someone is ragging on an OU player for "morals" and being a bad leader I am going to speak up. you can't apply your past prejudices to present culture.

Tell you what ... come to the OKC city council meeting Tuesday night (9/11) and see how dramatically different things are now. A kid smoking some dope may have been a character flaw in you day - but that's not the case in every culture around the US. Not even OK county. Calixte shouldnt be railed on like that.

Last edited:
Simply, he has let the team down..

that is not being a good leader... doing things that are illegal regardless of your feelings on it, categorically is not setting a good example and is putting his desire above the team's

It's unfortunate but he will just run a lot and it won't be a big deal. It is disappointing.

I think this will blow over without much fanfare. He won’t be dismissed from the team and we won’t hear about the internal punishment. Just my opinion.....

well, when someone is ragging on an OU player for "morals" and being a bad leader I am going to speak up. you can't apply your past prejudices to present culture.

Tell you what ... come to the OKC city council meeting Tuesday night (9/11) and see how dramatically different things are now. A kid smoking some dope may have been a character flaw in you day - but that's not the case in every culture around the US. Not even OK county. Calixte shouldnt be railed on like that.

+1

getting in trouble with the law is being a bad leader. setting a bad example.

And again, he wasn't just caught smoking weed. He was caught with weed while operating a vehicle.

And again, he wasn't just caught smoking weed. He was caught with weed while operating a vehicle.

He's not and was never the leader of this team. He's a grad transfer and we needed a PG.

only if it's a fair and just law. at some points leadership entails setting the example by breaking it. you're just relying on your own values ... values that are much different in other cultures and changing dramatically in this one. there were also states where it was against the law for blacks to play ball with whites.

i'm sorry. you're rule isn't an absolute. get over it.

only if it's a fair and just law. at some points leadership entails setting the example by breaking it. you're just relying on your own values ... values that are much different in other cultures and changing dramatically in this one. there were also states where it was against the law for blacks to play ball with whites.

i'm sorry. you're rule isn't an absolute. get over it.

By god, you're right.. calixte demonstrated superb leadership by rebelling against the law and driving around with weed. Nailed it

By god, you're right.. calixte demonstrated superb leadership by rebelling against the law and driving around with weed. Nailed it

Ridiculous post.

He showed neither good or bad "leadership" during this incident.

That's like saying, "oh yea, Calixte demonstrated superb leadership by violating social norms and picking his nose in public. Nailed it"... Picking your nose in public and smoking weed demonstrate leadership qualities in the same way, in that they don't.

Last edited:
Ridiculous post.

He showed neither good or bad "leadership" during this incident.

That's like saying, "oh yea, Calixte demonstrated superb leadership by violating social norms and picking his nose in public. Nailed it"... Picking your nose in public and smoking weed demonstrate leadership qualities in the same way, in that they don't.
Dunno for sure but picking your nose isn't breaking any laws. I'm not saying to throw the dude in jail for life or anything. I'll let Lon decide what to do, if that means kicking him out of the program..so be it

Back