PF: Craig Brackins (Iowa State)
C: Cole Aldrich (Kansas)

Big 12 South Team
PG: Willie Warren (Oklahoma)
SG: Avery Bradley (Texas)
SF: James Anderson (Oklahoma State)
PF: Damion James (Texas)
C: Tiny Gallon (Oklahoma)

That's like an NBA freshman vs. sophomore game.

I hate to say but I think the North wins this one, though I don't think you can discount moving James into the post. He's much better there.

It all depends, to me, on how good Avery Bradley is. I would bet he is better than Higgins.

I couldn't bet on it either way really.

Who ya like?

Big 12 North Team
PG: Sherron Collins (Kansas)
SG: Cory Higgins (Colorado)
SF: Marquis Gilstrap (Iowa State)
PF: Craig Brackins (Iowa State)
C: Cole Aldrich (Kansas)

Big 12 South Team
PG: Willie Warren (Oklahoma)
SG: Avery Bradley (Texas)
SF: James Anderson (Oklahoma State)
PF: Damion James (Texas)
C: Tiny Gallon (Oklahoma)

put Clemente in for Gilstrap; Dunn in for Bradley and Pittman in for Gallon until those new guys prove something on the court!

I would put Dex in over Gallon. Tiny is way more of a PF than a true center to match up with Cole. I also would put Clemente in over Gilstrap.

I would give the nod to the north due to experience. Man, the Big 12 is talented this year!

X Henry over Gilstrap.
No Clemente...he'd kill chemistry and may slap someone, get T's and cry on the bench.

X Henry over Gilstrap.
No Clemente...he'd kill chemistry and may slap someone, get T's and cry on the bench.

Why don't we make all the North guys Kansas guys and exchange the South for Dwight Howard/Dirk/LeBron/Kobe and Chris Paul? The Kansas guys might take it.

Last edited:
X Henry over Gilstrap.
Gotta agree with chendog the north needs that fantastic smile of X's, with so much time and effort put into it the smile must be showcased.

Why don't we make all the North guys Kansas guys and exchange the South for Dwight Howard/Dirk/LeBron/Kobe and Chris Paul? The Kansas guys might take it.

Wouldn't that just be a Baylor-Kansas game? I mean, that looks like the Baylor roster you've described...

Wouldn't that just be a Baylor-Kansas game? I mean, that looks like the Baylor roster you've described...

I have to agree. The one thing that stands out to me is, at least KU has at least won something in basketball!

:clap I was thinking the same thing when I read DFW's post.
Gasp, that I think Sherron Collins & Cole Aldrich should be on the all North team. Man, they are on most 1st team all-american teams what am I thinking. And X Henry is the most high-profile recruit in the North. Gasp, putting him ahead of Marcus Gilstrap or even Cori Higgins for that matter.
I mean Avery Bradley and Tiny Gallon are on the all South team but it's a stretch to put X Henry on the all North team????
Now that being said....I can live with the razzing......just not from a Baylor guy who thinks Scott Drew is Phil Jackson....Epeke Upudontknowhisname is the next Tim Duncan and Lace Dunn is the next freakin' MJ.

Like Norm said.....note to Baylor and it's fans, please win something and then get back to us all.

And X Henry is the most high-profile recruit in the North. Gasp, putting him ahead of Marcus Gilstrap or even Cory Higgins for that matter.

Yea, but Gilstrap is the newcomer of the year and is supposed to have a huge impact on his team and the Big 12. X-Henry is going to be the 4th option next year after Collins, Aldrich, and Morris.. Tyshawn Taylor is going to get his too.

He wont have the numbers to justify a jump over Gilstrap or Higgins, IMO.

Yea, but Gilstrap is the newcomer of the year and is supposed to have a huge impact on his team and the Big 12. X-Henry is going to be the 4th option next year after Collins, Aldrich, and Morris.. Tyshawn Taylor is going to get his too.

I see what you are saying but it isn't necessarily the all numbers team. It's really hard to say without seeing either play on the D-1 level. It would be much easier to put together a team of returning players.

:clap I was thinking the same thing when I read DFW's post.
Gasp, that I think Sherron Collins & Cole Aldrich should be on the all North team. Man, they are on most 1st team all-american teams what am I thinking. And X Henry is the most high-profile recruit in the North. Gasp, putting him ahead of Marcus Gilstrap or even Cori Higgins for that matter.
I mean Avery Bradley and Tiny Gallon are on the all South team but it's a stretch to put X Henry on the all North team????
Now that being said....I can live with the razzing......just not from a Baylor guy who thinks Scott Drew is Phil Jackson....Epeke Upudontknowhisname is the next Tim Duncan and Lace Dunn is the next freakin' MJ.

Like Norm said.....note to Baylor and it's fans, please win something and then get back to us all.

:clap- good job Cheno lots of dramatic irony and humor here. Get your funnies in now before I remind you of what happened in OKC last Spring.

I thought you were talking about putting a group of North guys vs South guys. Numbers don't matter. You put X Henry on Iowa St or Colorado and he's a better player than Gilstrap or Higgins. Gilstrap or Higgins would be KU's 4th or 5th option as well.

good job Cheno lots of dramatic irony and humor here. Get your funnies in now before I remind you of what happened in OKC last Spring.
The fact your saying Baylors claim to fame is beating KU in a conference tournament game pretty much sums up what we are saying. Baylor has done nothing. ORU beat KU a few years back as well. Are they all that?
That win vs KU propelled you to an NIT tourney. Congrats.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Baylor hasn't even won a single NCAA tourney game this DECADE. But hey.....you beat KU once!!!!!!!!

good job Cheno lots of dramatic irony and humor here. Get your funnies in now before I remind you of what happened in OKC last Spring.

Fantastic stuff. What a complete beating this game was. Had fun cheering for BU in the faces of KU fans. IN THEIR FACES DFW!

Fantastic stuff. What a complete beating this game was. Had fun cheering for BU in the faces of KU fans. IN THEIR FACES DFW!

When Lomers blocked Aldrich, I was jumping up and down like a mad-man. Great game.

I thought you were talking about putting a group of North guys vs South guys. Numbers don't matter. You put X Henry on Iowa St or Colorado and he's a better player than Gilstrap or Higgins. Gilstrap or Higgins would be KU's 4th or 5th option as well.

The fact your saying Baylors claim to fame is beating KU in a conference tournament game pretty much sums up what we are saying. Baylor has done nothing. ORU beat KU a few years back as well. Are they all that?
That win vs KU propelled you to an NIT tourney. Congrats.
Correct me if I'm wrong but Baylor hasn't even won a single NCAA tourney game this DECADE. But hey.....you beat KU once!!!!!!!!

Actually, you may be too young to remember this but a bunch of no-name Baylor players put the beat down on Kansas earlier this decade. Roy Williams, Kirk Heinrich and Collison. Gregory for KU was running his mouth about how much Baylor sucked prior to the game and Terry Black for Baylor asked Gregory if he still thought they sucked as Baylor took a 47-22 lead to the locker room at half on Big Monday. Baylor hung on to win by 8 and Black posterized KU guys about 5 times that game.

Last edited:
Actually, you may too young to remember this but a bunch of no-name Baylor players put the beat down on Kansas earlier this decade. Roy Williams, Kirk Heinrich and Collison. Gregory for KU was running his mouth about how much Baylor sucked prior to the game and Terry Black for Baylor asked Gregory if he still thought they sucked as Baylor took a 47-22 lead to the locker room at half on Big Monday. Baylor hung on to win by 8 and Black posterized KU guys about 5 times that game.

Loved that game! Thanks for the memory. You guys have also taken aggie down a few times as well in Waco.

Actually, you may too young to remember this but a bunch of no-name Baylor players put the beat down on Kansas earlier this decade. Roy Williams, Kirk Heinrich and Collison. Gregory for KU was running his mouth about how much Baylor sucked prior to the game and Terry Black for Baylor asked Gregory if he still thought they sucked as Baylor took a 47-22 lead to the locker room at half on Big Monday. Baylor hung on to win by 8 and Black posterized KU guys about 5 times that game.

The fact that you have to bring up 2 upsets just proves the point. I think Baylor has a ton of talent and with Perry Jones coming in Scott Drew better do something. They should be winning more consistently than they have, imo. Of course, they have their work cut out being in the South which is loaded.

The fact that you have to bring up 2 upsets just proves the point. I think Baylor has a ton of talent and with Perry Jones coming in Scott Drew better do something. They should be winning more consistently than they have, imo. Of course, they have their work cut out being in the South which is loaded.

Over 90% of the games against Kansas are upsets since Kansas has been in the top 10 almost every week of every year for this decade. Baylor's talent is strong this year (top 30) and strong going forward with a nucleus of Perry Jones, Udoh and Dunn in 2010-2011. I agree- no good excuses for not finishing in the top half of the conference. The talent the past two years was over-rated as I have stated on here many times before. Good And-1 types but not talent built for a well-balanced offense/defense. And certainly not talented down low compared to other teams in the big12.

Drew has been trying to build towards that but missing on bigs in the past (Juan Palacios, Darrell Arthur, Bryan Davis, Blake Griffin, Damion James, etc...) Rogers was a decent big but really a SF in a big body. Lomers was a highly rated recruit but bad knees and asthma have hampered his progress.

Drew is starting to land some of these taller big guys that are difference makers (Udoh, Jefferson, Sekelja, Acy). I think this will translate into better defense and more wins. We will see. And I don't even want to tell you what I am hearing about 2011... Let's just say if it pans out like I am hearing, it will be on par with Kansas, Texas and OU.

Last edited:
Back