C: Bob Kurland

TU
PG: Greg Harrington
SG: Shea Seals
SF: Eric Coley
SF: Paul Pressey
C: Michael Ruffin

Last edited:
I can't really disagree with that OU team.

TU, man, it is hard to come up with 5. Tough to leave off Gary Collier, Michael Scott, and Tracy Moore. TU has some good bball history, given their size.

Byron Houston is a possibility for osu at PF.

Seems kinda hard to leave Alvin off that list for OU.

I'll take Hollis over Corey Brewer.

C: Stacey King
F: Wayman
F: Blake
G: Alvin
G: Mookie

Bench: Najera, Chucky Barnett, Hollis, Corey Brewer, Ryan Minor, Brent Price, Jeff Webster, Tim McAlister as well as others you guys mentioned

Wouldacoulda: Jackie Jones, Skeeter Henry, Drew Lavender

OU

PG: Mookie Blaylock
SG: Hollis Price
SF: Ryan Minor
PF: Wayman Tisdale
C: Blake Griffin

OSU

PG: Byron Eaton
SG: Randy Rutherford
SF: Richard Dumas
PF: Byron Houston
C: Bob Kurland

TU

PG: Richardson
SG: Seals
SF: Coley
SF: Pressey
C: Ruffin

I love Alvan Adams, and he had quite the well-rounded game for a post player, but I don't think you can get away with playing him at the 2. There are four post players in this lineup.

Starks only played one year at OSU, I think, and wasn't all that impressive. Unless this is a combined pro/college team.

Bench: Najera, Chucky Barnett, Hollis, Corey Brewer, Ryan Minor, Brent Price, Jeff Webster, Tim McAlister as well as others you guys mentioned

Wouldacoulda: Jackie Jones, Skeeter Henry, Drew Lavender

Zone, zone, zone. One guard? No way.

And it is an insult to Skeeter Henry to have lil Drew's name next to his.

OU

G: Mookie Blaylock
G: Brent Price
F: Blake Griffin
F: Wayman Tisdale

Bench: Hollis Price, Ryan Minor, Alvan Adams, Jeff Webster

Brent Price didn't have a great pro career, but given his size, that he scored like 56+ points in a game, and that he played in the NBA, I think you have to give him the edge over Hollis Price. Based on college performance it is really close.

People forget how great Stacey King was in college.

Your center is Adams, and your point guard is Lester Lane. Blaylock, Tisdale, and Griffin can fill the others spots.

You measure the players of an era against other players of their era. Jim Thorpe wouldn't win a lot of highschool meets today. But, if he trained today, he might win the Olympics as his own country.

And Kurland wouldn't be anything special in "today's" game.

I don't know what that has to do with anything. Bob is the best player in Oklahoma State history. He is a national champion. He definitely needs to be on their list.

I don't know what that has to do with anything. Bob is the best player in Oklahoma State history. He is a national champion. He definitely needs to be on their list.

Because he was only "good" b/c they didn't have the rules in place that they currently do.

If you are picking the guys based on their stats, or how they compared during their era, sure, he probably belongs. I prefer to try to put together a team, that if all the guys were "college aged" again, would be a good team. I don't think Kurland would add much to a team, the way basketball is currently played.

Back