All-time OU vs. All-time OSU vs. All-time TU

g-hollis
g-mookie
f-tisdale
f-blake
c-adams/king (I give up, too much big man talent, it is game time decision)

All-Time implies to me that you look at all eras and that you look at what players did during that era. Kurland is right behind Wayman in terms of top basketball players in this state. He belongs no question.

All-Time implies to me that you look at all eras and that you look at what players did during that era. Kurland is right behind Wayman in terms of top basketball players in this state. He belongs no question.

I added Kurland to OSU... how about a point guard? Who is OSU's all-time point guard?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf1izKbjTZ0[/ame]

How do you go 7 minutes and 40 seconds of game time without noticing that?

How do you go 7 minutes and 40 seconds of game time without noticing that?

Answer: the same way that you steal a credit card like you did when you were a freshman at notre dame.

I am not sure who makes the OU team, OSU team or TU team but it appears pretty clear to me that OU dominates any team of OSU or TU players. Heck I will let either OSU or TU exempt any player they want from OU's lineup and still destroy either school.

I would assume they exempt either Wayman or Blake and you just respond with Alvin Adams or Stacey King. If you don't need a center take Harvey Grant as a power forward.

That entire oSu team gets an asterick as far as I'm concerned. Real players were getting drafted into the army, not getting exemptions for being at an agricultural school. We saw what Iba was made of against the Soviets and most other teams for the 25+ years AFTER the asterick championships.

End of rant, and OU wins the all-time pretty easily against the in-state teams. To the suprise of many, I'd be willing to bet that the "all-time" team that OU can throw out is comperable to just about any school that you can throw out there short of UCLA, UK, KU, Duke or UNC [FWIW, Syracse and G-Town have had some extremely talented individual players as well over the years].

Personally, I'd go with the following and figure out a way to make it work:

C: King
PF: Blake
SF: Wayman
SG: Hollis
PG: Blaylock

All these guys were All-Conference, All-American, C-POY and N-POY types that at least led their teams to the Elite Eight. Adams is a tough scratch off that list, but feel like King and Griffin collected more hardware.

Back