Am I the only one that thinks Kentucky is bull****?

thebigabd

Reaction score
As in, for some reason I don't think they've proven much of anything even if they go undefeated and win the championship. It's such a ridiculous collection of size and talent that it discredits what they are doing.

All they have proven is that a team with 7 players expected to get drafted, 4 in the first top 20 picks (3 lottery) can beat teams who probably have zero, or at most, 1, NBA player on their team.

Teams with zero or 1 NBA quality players will never beat a team with 7 NBA quality players. This isn't rocket science.

The question is... with Calipari being a scumbag and them having an overwhelming talent advantage over everyone, does it discredit what they are doing?

Let it play out. Depends on who they have to play.

I will say ... I think there has to be something to how they get all those players.

I don't think this UK team would have been dominant 10 years ago. I think the level of basketball has fallen off drastically in the past decade.

Let it play out. Depends on who they have to play.

I will say ... I think there has to be something to how they get all those players.

He invites agents to games, introduces players and recruits to them, and then acts shocked when he finds out they're getting money. If you look at the smoking trail of NCAA sanctions and vacated wins he's left behind him, it's hard to believe there's no fire at Kentucky.

I don't think this UK team would have been dominant 10 years ago. I think the level of basketball has fallen off drastically in the past decade.

Which college team had 7 NBA players on the same team 10 years ago?

He invites agents to games, introduces players and recruits to them, and then acts shocked when he finds out they're getting money. If you look at the smoking trail of NCAA sanctions and vacated wins he's left behind him, it's hard to believe there's no fire at Kentucky.

He'll leave for NBA again and Kentucky will go on Probation... just like UMASS and Memphis.

10 years ago an OU team with no NBA player (Hollis, Quannas, Ebi, Ace, etc) was probably the best team in the country, bare minimum, top 4... Again, zero NBA players on that team.

I've been saying this for a while now. If any other team from a power conference had gone undefeated I would have been blown away.

With this Kentucky team I'm personally just not that impressed, not a knock on the competition they have played or have yet to play because short of playing Duke, Wisconsin, and Arizona every game of the season I just wasn't going to be impressed because the difference in talent is so vast.

how far down the bench do you have to go to find a guy who wouldn't be the best player on most any other team in the country? 9? 10?

I give credit where credit is due. Has the SEC been down this year? Sure, but it's not liked they were trying to dodge people in the non conference. Kentucky also played and obliterated regular season Big 12 champs KU by 32, Providence, Texas (when they were still in the top 10), UNC, UCLA, and @ Louisville. Those were all tournament teams, and only Louisville came within 10. Kentucky has beaten the 4 other Sweet 16 teams they've played by a combined 100 points (average 25 ppg). They're good.

All that said, there is very little doubt in my mind that this entire thing has been built up around a litany of NCAA violations. Calipari's track record speaks for itself. You can't tell me he hasn't employed the same methods to build Kentucky.

Last edited:
I give credit where credit is due. Has the SEC been down this year? Sure, but it's not liked they were trying to dodge people in the non conference. Kentucky also played and obliterated regular season Big 12 champs KU by 32, Providence, Texas (when they were still in the top 10), UNC, UCLA, and @ Louisville. Those were all tournament teams, and only Louisville came within double digits. Kentucky has beaten the 4 other Sweet 16 teams they've played by a combined 100 points (average 25 ppg). They're good.

All that said, there is very little doubt in my mind that this entire thing has been built up around a litany of NCAA violations. Calipari's track record speaks for itself. You can't tell me he hasn't employed the same methods to build Kentucky.

Of course they are good... we know that. The issue here is, are they so overwhelmingly good and have such a talent advantage that it discredits their own accomplishment?

Which college team had 7 NBA players on the same team 10 years ago?

None. I'm just saying that, in general, the level of play was higher 10 years ago. Someone would have beaten them by now.

None. I'm just saying that, in general, the level of play was higher 10 years ago. Someone would have beaten them by now.

How could teams 10 years ago with 0 or 1 NBA players beaten a team with 7 NBA players?

Of course they are good... we know that. The issue here is, are they so overwhelmingly good and have such a talent advantage that it discredits their own accomplishment?

I still say no. Part of the game is the ability to recruit and accumulate talent. Now if/when it's proven that this was all done underhandedly, then yeah, it's bull****.

As in, for some reason I don't think they've proven much of anything even if they go undefeated and win the championship. It's such a ridiculous collection of size and talent that it discredits what they are doing.

All they have proven is that a team with 7 players expected to get drafted, 4 in the first top 20 picks (3 lottery) can beat teams who probably have zero, or at most, 1, NBA player on their team.

Teams with zero or 1 NBA quality players will never beat a team with 7 NBA quality players. This isn't rocket science.

The question is... with Calipari being a scumbag and them having an overwhelming talent advantage over everyone, does it discredit what they are doing?

I fail to see how a team with more talent winning every game is bull****? I mean they are still the best team. HAving the most talented players is part of being the best team. I do not comprehend what you are trying to get at. Having the most talent does not make a team bull****.

I mean if you are trying to say that Coach Cal isn't great b/c he has all this talent? OK i can see that.

But to say a team isn't that impressive because they have more talent than everyone else....ummm yeah, that is why they are impressive, b/c they have lots of talent

What would possibly be bull**** about Kentucky? They are the best program with the best fan support with the best players and the best coach. They are to be admired, especially Calipari. I laugh at the Calipari haters especially that old fool Bobby Knight. Last time I checked Calipari has been cleared of any wrong doing in every instance while Bobby Knight was fired in disgrace.

Bobby Knight represents everything that was wrong with the old era and Calipari represents everything that is right with the modern era. I guess some people just love to wax poetic about days gone by when the U.S. was far inferior to the modern era. Everything is orders of magnitude better in the country now than ever before.

Last edited:
I fail to see how a team with more talent winning every game is bull****? I mean they are still the best team. HAving the most talented players is part of being the best team. I do not comprehend what you are trying to get at. Having the most talent does not make a team bull****.

I mean if you are trying to say that Coach Cal isn't great b/c he has all this talent? OK i can see that.

But to say a team isn't that impressive because they have more talent than everyone else....ummm yeah, that is why they are impressive, b/c they have lots of talent

It's kind of like when Oklahoma A&M had Bob Kurland, the tallest player in basketball at the time, and all they did was throw it to him, over the much shorter players on the other team, and he dunked it or laid it in (dunking may have been illegal). On the defensive end, goaltending was allowed so he sat under the basket and blocked most every shot. Back then, the tallest players on other teams were in the 6'4" or 6'5" range for the most part.

My dad went to his grave saying what OSU did in those days was not impressive because of how they did it. The same applies here for Kentucky.

People underestimate how hard it is to get 18-20yo to play together every night. Sure he has lots of talent, but how many other schools have talent where it doesn't pan out because of bad apples?

In addition, and I have been critical of him in the past, but people don't realize he has changed his offense to fit personnel almost every year at UK. Look it up...motion, dribble hand-off, Walberg dribble motion, etc. He has made significant adjustments, that is the definition of coaching. That's more impressive to me than Jim Boeheim who sits in the same style year after year.

What would possibly be bull**** about Kentucky? They are the best program with the best fan support with the best players and the best coach. They are to be admired, especially Calipari. I laugh at the Calipari haters especially that old fool Bobby Knight. Last time I checked Calipari has been cleared of any wrong doing in every instance while Bobby Knight was fired in disgrace.

Bobby Knight represents everything that was wrong with the old era and Calipari represents everything that is right with the modern era. I guess some people just love to wax poetic about days gone by when the U.S. was far inferior to the modern era. Everything is orders of magnitude better in the country now than ever before.

Agree on your statement about Knight. But saying Calipari represents "everything that is right" is worse than delusional.

Back