And we complain about our recruiting mistakes . . .

We will see how all that talent works out. I was roasted on the OSU board for bringing up some of the same points on here that I see about talent. Penn is a nice player and so is Franklin but neither is a difference maker. Ford better bring in some serious talent because his system will not work without it. Eddie and Sampson could find a couple of offensive talents and build a hardnosed D around them and make a competitive team of them.

It has only been one year of recruiting for Ford so we will see next year and the year after that what happens.

Ford's breakdown of Torrin Walker
“We watched Torin Walker this summer very, very closely,” Ford said. “He’s a guy that we were not recruiting until the July period. We saw him on one occasion and he dominated, literally dominated, one of the best big men in the country. Dominated him. It wasn’t even close. Wow. That’s impressive.
“We watched him again in another tournament. Same thing, against a top 75 big man. It wasn’t even close. He dominated the kid. Then we continued to watch him and continued to watch him and every time out, he got better and dominated guys who maybe have a better reputation. He just literally dominated them."
Torrin has played in 6 total games this season on a team known for it's small size.

TJ Taylor > Brown and Williams

Also what are the stats for Darrell?
I have learned not to trust ford hyperbole when it comes to Nick "Best 6th Man ever" Sidorkis ...

14 points (leading scorer on #1 Midland CC) and 10 rebounds (Leading rebounder on #1 Midland CC). Had 25 and 18 and 24 and 19 the last two games as they are getting deeper into league play.

Midland for some reason played some team called Wayland Baptist, and according to their schedule played their JV team. And beat them 120-22.

Colleges have JV teams?!

Last edited:
14 points (leading scorer on #1 Midland CC) and 10 rebounds (Leading rebounder on #1 Midland CC). Had 25 and 18 and 24 and 19 the last two games as they are getting deeper into league play.

Midland for some reason played some team called Wayland Baptist, and according to their schedule played their JV team. And beat them 120-22.

Colleges have JV teams?!

Not many do anymore. North Carolina actually still has one.

We will see how all that talent works out. I was roasted on the OSU board for bringing up some of the same points on here that I see about talent. Penn is a nice player and so is Franklin but neither is a difference maker. Ford better bring in some serious talent because his system will not work without it. Eddie and Sampson could find a couple of offensive talents and build a hardnosed D around them and make a competitive team of them.

It has only been one year of recruiting for Ford so we will see next year and the year after that what happens.

The problem that I think OSU will have is the same one that OU is having now. Next year who are going to be the leaders on the court? You can't depend on newcomers to be the leaders on the court. You can copy and paste their high school or juco scoring averages and you still don't know what you're going to get. So OSU is going to have to depend on Moses, Penn, Page, and Pilgrim to bridge the development of their young guys. Time will tell if that's enough to do that.

The problem that I think OSU will have is the same one that OU is having now. Next year who are going to be the leaders on the court? You can't depend on newcomers to be the leaders on the court. You can copy and paste their high school or juco scoring averages and you still don't know what you're going to get. So OSU is going to have to depend on Moses, Penn, Page, and Pilgrim to bridge the development of their young guys. Time will tell if that's enough to do that.

I agree 100%. I do think there will be a drop off next year. The real question is this can Ford recruit the type of talent that is required to compete in the big 12. I do think he is a solid coach but everyone has to admit that he inherited some pretty nice talent. His main offensive threats are Sean recruits. I am not saying that he will not bring talent to OSU but he will have to do better with the incoming class and the next one after that if he wants a secure job. To be fair Johnson may have been an impact player but he did not qualify. As for all of the talk about future recruits, I have learned not to buy into the hype until proven. All I know is this Anderson and Obi will be hard to replace.

I agree 100%. I do think there will be a drop off next year. The real question is this can Ford recruit the type of talent that is required to compete in the big 12. I do think he is a solid coach but everyone has to admit that he inherited some pretty nice talent. His main offensive threats are Sean recruits. I am not saying that he will not bring talent to OSU but he will have to do better with the incoming class and the next one after that if he wants a secure job. To be fair Johnson may have been an impact player but he did not qualify. As for all of the talk about future recruits, I have learned not to buy into the hype until proven. All I know is this Anderson and Obi will be hard to replace.

Pierre is a good regional recruiter. He recruits Louisiana well, as well as Dallas and Houston. However, every recruiter in the nation is hitting those areas up. So while it's good to pick up role players like Franklin, etc, you also have to pull off getting a top 50 talent to make an instant impact.

Back