Another 20pt game thread (with a twist)

tomkar98

Reaction score
Okay, so we have all given our guesses as to how many players will score at least 20 pts a game. My question is, how many games will we get multiple 20pt scorers?

My guess will be 6.

Also, if you'd like, you can provide who you think those players will be. (This list does not have to be in chronological order, just give it per game, I guess?)

Game 1: WWIII, Tiny, TMG
Game 2: WWIII, TMG
Game 3: TMG, Tiny
Game 4: Tiny, Pledger
Game 5: WW, Crocker
Game 6: TMG, Fitzgerald

Also, if you want to, you can list the actual games themselves (which I will not be doing... haha)

Last edited:
One or two, tops. That just doesn't happen very often, and it is even more rare once conference play starts.

Just out of curiousity, how many times did it happen last year?

One or two, tops. That just doesn't happen very often, and it is even more rare once conference play starts.

6 or 7 times, if I remember right. Blake was over 20 regularly (23-24 times) and the others scored over 20 thirteen times. I think once there were 3 over 20...

4 times:

WW/TMG
WW/Pledger
WW/Tiny
WW/TMG

Looking through this year's online media guide version on SoonerSports.com, it happened eight times last year. Three times in the non-conference (Davidson, Arkansas and Rice), four times in the Big 12 (at OSU, at Iowa State, Colorado and at Texas Tech) and once in the NCAA Tournament (Syracuse).

My guess is it will happen five times this year.

Last edited:
I think Willie will put up 20 or more in ten to twelve games (roughly one third) this season. I could be wrong (and hope I am), but I doubt if there will be more than three (four at the most) multiple 20 point games, where at least two players score 20 or more.

We already know that Crocker can do it. Pledge proved he is capable of putting up big numbers with a hot night. I also think Tiny could have a game or two where he scores 20 plus. TMG is an unlikely candidate from the point position, but he could sneak in a 20 point game of his own, if defenders play him loose and allow him to go off from three point range.

More importantly, we have several players (including Cade and perhaps Fitz) who have the ability to score 20 or more on a given night. The possibilities are exciting!

I think Willie will put up 20 or more in ten to twelve games (roughly one third) this season.
Really?
That seems low for Willie. Maybe I'm just having high expectations but I'm expecting it to be closer to two thirds of the season as I expect him to average over 20 this season.

I think Willie can score 20 a game. I'm not confident anyone else on the roster can give more than maybe 2 times.

Really?
That seems low for Willie. Maybe I'm just having high expectations but I'm expecting it to be closer to two thirds of the season as I expect him to average over 20 this season.

Sounds like we have the same high expectations. If WWIII is going to avg 20+pts a game, then I'll say he gets 20 almost 2/3s of the season.

I think Willie averages 20+ a game this year or we won't be as good as some people think.

Back