Arkansas' Michael Washington is questionable for Wednesday night

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Washington scored 24 points and grabbed 11 rebounds against OU last year. This would be an enourmous loss for them, on top of what they have already lost. However, it does look like Michael Sanchez will play.

Mike Washington was the Mike expected to play Sunday against South Alabama but didn't — and may not play against Oklahoma Wednesday.

However Michael Sanchez, the Mike that wasn't expected to play much Sunday but did, should play against Oklahoma.

Washington, the senior Preseason first-team All-SEC forward and last season's SEC rebounding leader, sprained his back during the Sunday morning shootaround.

He did not play in Sunday afternoon's 74-61 loss to South Alabama at Walton Arena and did not practice Monday as the Razorbacks prepped for Wednesday's 7 p.m. against the Oklahoma Sooners in Norman, Okla.

"It's a sprained back," Pelphrey said Monday, having known before Sunday's game only that Washington's back was injured but not the specific injury. "He's kind of day to day."

Could he play against OU?

"Like I say, it's day to day," Pelphrey said. "I guess we'll have to kind of prepare like he's not going to play because he's not going to practice these next two days regardless."

Source

If Washington misses the game I think we will win. If he plays it's 50-50 IMO.

I don't think they should take the chance. Arkansas will need that guy for conference play. :)

I don't think they should take the chance. Arkansas will need that guy for conference play. :)

Yeah, they should play it safe and hold him out. While they're at it, they should hold out Sanchez. His feet will never get better if they don't let him completely heal.

Hold em both out. It's the smart thing to do. :D

Yeah, hold out Rotnei too. They're gonna need him for that rugged SEC play...

Back