Austin Reaves

If he can't play D, I don't want him. This team/program needs a culture change.

If he can't play D, I don't want him. This team/program needs a culture change.

I couldn’t agree more. But, if he can score AND play defense, I want him. Do you have any reason to believe he can’t play defense?

"Hasn't" doesn't necessarily mean "can't." As he's maturing, he may have recognized the need to up his defensive game. I hope and trust Coach Kruger and crew have discussed the need to improve his defense with him in order to gauge his commitment to improve in that area.

I can't stand Gregg Marshall. And it is true that WSU took a step back on defense this season playing in a better conference. Having said that, he simply does not give playing time to kids who don't defend at least adequately. And he definitely doesn't tolerate players who don't give good effort on that end. Their program was very surprised and disappointed to see Austin leave, and that wouldn't be the case if all he cared about is offense. So to those of you who think a culture change is necessary, you don't need to worry about this kid's attitude or approach.

WSU newspaper wrote an article about how austin lost the ncaa game for them by himself... i wouldnt say they shouldve been shocked when he wanted to leave.

At this point, I'd settle for guys who WANT to play defense. That goes a long ways.

Want = can many times in regards to defense. It's a team thing.

This guy is a player and was going to be the go to guy for WSU next season. Marshall can identify talent with the best of them. Hope he decides to make the short drive down to norman to be a part of something special.

At this point, I'd settle for guys who WANT to play defense. That goes a long ways.

Want = can many times in regards to defense. It's a team thing.

I was told the retuning players committed to do just that at their team meeting three weeks ago. Word is Lon didn’t want his friends asking why the players on his team didn’t play hard like they did last season.

I have a feeling we’ll see a focus on defense from the get go this fall, not when the season is almost over. I also think the returning guards and wings will have to step up their game if they want to compete for playing time with Jamal Bieniemy and our two grad tranfers. Competition for minutes and a renewed effort to fix what went wrong last season can be a good thing if our players are serious about the commitment they made.

I was told the retuning players committed to do just that at their team meeting three weeks ago. Word is Lon didn’t want his friends asking why the players on his team didn’t play hard like they did last season.

I have a feeling we’ll see a focus on defense from the get go this fall, not when the season is almost over. I also think the returning guards and wings will have to step up their game if they want to compete for playing time with Jamal Bieniemy and our two grad tranfers. Competition for minutes and a renewed effort to fix what went wrong last season can be a good thing if our players are serious about the commitment they made.

Haven't we heard about this renewed interest in defense for about 3 years now?

He has a lot of choices. OU, ISU, K-State, and Texas Tech from Big 12. Purdue, Michigan, and Indiana from the Big 10. Also, Northern Iowa.

He’s already visited K-State this past week.

https://mobile.twitter.com/_ARHoops/status/988426836106469376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.midmajormadness.com%2F2018%2F4%2F26%2F17285100%2Ftransfer-roundup-trey-porter-austin-reaves-desean-murray&tfw_site=mid_madness

But, but, I thought he was terrible according to some here.

Back