Austin Reaves

soonerczech

Reaction score
Did anybody on here think Reaves would be setting himself up to make bank so early? He's really been impressive lately. That is all, no Porter Moser bashing, no portal transfer complaints. Just a wtg Austin post.

Its blowing my mind. We talked About this some in the OU NBA players post pinned at the top of the messageboard too

I thought he had a good chance to play in the NBA and stick around for quite a while. I don't know that I thought he would become this valuable, this quickly, but he had shown the shooting skills at WSU and the all-around game at OU. If he finishes this season strong, I could see him making even more than the numbers we have seen thrown around recently.

I am stunned by his success in the NBA.... Good for him. He's way better as a pro than he ever thought about being at OU.

I am stunned by his success in the NBA.... Good for him. He's way better as a pro than he ever thought about being at OU.

LOL. First-team all conference in the best league in America. The more accurate statement is that he was much better at OU than most OU fans gave him credit for, but others (i.e., coaches, media, opponents) saw how good he was. He carried the team at times, and I bet the roster of future NBA players that Gonzaga had remembers how good he was.

he's playing great, for sure.

go AR. he was right, his "spot up, 3 shooter" role with the Shockers was straight up BS.

Prior to his final season, I never saw him as an NBA guy, and I never officially changed my mind until the Gonzaga game. When he landed on the Lakers, I was stoked for him, and I felt he could find a role in the NBA if his statistical shooting numbers ever caught up to his reputation. He looked like a good 3 pt shooter at OU, but never really was.

Never did I imagine him playing the role he has lately, even at the start of this season. He was supposed to be a Lebron sidekick, not the Lebron replacement we saw over the last couple weeks.

LOL. First-team all conference in the best league in America. The more accurate statement is that he was much better at OU than most OU fans gave him credit for, but others (i.e., coaches, media, opponents) saw how good he was. He carried the team at times, and I bet the roster of future NBA players that Gonzaga had remembers how good he was.

all facts

He basically willed us to a would-be tournament berth in 2020 with the comeback vs TCU. I think him having to be the lead scorer helped his game a lot and showed he could create contact and make free throws in the process. His having to do it all I think hurt his 3 point shooting because of the energy he had to expend but you knew from the WSU days the elite shooting ability was there. And he was able to produce against good competition in conference and out (didn’t back down vs Gonzaga). But even then I’m surprised he’s about to get a huge deal. Great for him!

He basically willed us to a would-be tournament berth in 2020 with the comeback vs TCU. I think him having to be the lead scorer helped his game a lot and showed he could create contact and make free throws in the process. His having to do it all I think hurt his 3 point shooting because of the energy he had to expend but you knew from the WSU days the elite shooting ability was there. And he was able to produce against good competition in conference and out (didn’t back down vs Gonzaga). But even then I’m surprised he’s about to get a huge deal. Great for him!

yep i was as huge an AR guy as there was and i am still amazed that he is going to sign a 50 + (maybe up to 100 mil ) deal ..

LOL. Now that's a back-handed compliment if I ever saw one.

I though he would stick and be a regular rotation player but more of a 789 guy. I thought he was very good for us. I thought he got unfairly criticized as a selfish player when he was following his coaching. If Lon wouldacoulda a 5 man, we might have seen much more success.

I thought he would be good in the NBA. I mean didn't he lead OU in a tons of stats. Obviously there aren't many who make it in the NBA. Like others, I thought getting drafted by the Lakers was very good spot, since their team was so top heavy in salary. A guy that can shoot, pass, and do a little of everything on a rookie contract would have value on a Lebron team. Now he gets paid. Congrats.

Back