bbhoops

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
What happened to that guy. He use to give us a Perry Ellis update weekly and sometimes daily. I figured we would get more during the AAU season. I wonder if Ellis is cooling on us as well. He is visiting Memphis for their Midnight Madness.

Are we even getting close to the fan support to have one of these "midnight madness" events? Obviously it would be a huge boost to recruiting, but not if there is a lack of fan support.

Are we even getting close to the fan support to have one of these "midnight madness" events? Obviously it would be a huge boost to recruiting, but not if there is a lack of fan support.

That is an event that is usuallly structured around a football weekend, usually on a Friday, but I think their needs to be a better way of marketing it. OSU in the past has structured its event around a football kickoff where they would have the game about 3 hours before a kickoff and they have received a huge turnout. OSU's football and basketball venues are logistically structured to pull that off very well though.

I don't think we are there yet, but we are getting close. I really think that if marketed correctly, that the men and women could combine their fanbases and throw a nice baseline bash here in a few years.

For now, I think Capel should stick to having an open scrimmage during a football Saturday. Last year's event was very successful and drew a full house to the MFH.

Sorry about that Dirty Mess, Perry hurt his foot at the Lebron camp and he had been rehabing it for the Elite 24 game. I didn't have much to report. I did post a couple of things this morning.

Back