Big 12 Players in the U19 Championships

thebigabd

Reaction score
Tyshawn Taylor (Kansas) led the American team to a 106-55 victory over Iran with 13 points on 6/7 shooting from the field. He also had 3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 rebound. Seth Curry (Duke) finished second in scoring with 12 points.

Shane Harris-Tunks (Colorado) had 3 points and 5 rebounds for the Australian team. They beat Canada 88-77.

Bryson Pope (Tulsa) saw limited action for the French team.

I thought Dragan Sekelja (Baylor) was going to play in these games (I thought DFW mentioned that?) but I didnt find him on the Croatian roster.

http://newzealand2009.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/09/u19men/p/schedule.html

Last edited:
Taylor is really shooting up on the draft boards right now as well. Kansas is freakin loaded next year!

Tyshawn Taylor (Kansas) led the American team to a 106-55 victory over Iran with 13 points on 6/7 shooting from the field. He also had 3 assists, 2 steals, and 1 rebound. Seth Curry (Duke) finished second in scoring with 12 points.

Shane Harris-Tunks (Colorado) had 3 points and 5 rebounds for the Australian team. They beat Canada 88-77.

Bryson Pope (Tulsa) saw limited action for the French team.

I thought Dragan Sekelja (Baylor) was going to play in these games (I thought DFW mentioned that?) but I didnt find him on the Croatian roster.

http://newzealand2009.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/09/u19men/p/schedule.html

Croatia has a weird anomaly right now. They have about 10 guys who are 17-19 years old that are great big men prospects in the 6'9"- 7'0" range. And only one great guard prospect.

That being said, Croatia has 4 guys ahead of Dragan on the "depth" chart for international play (all of them already pros) in the U19. This is the reason Dragan chose to play college ball in the US versus possibly riding the bench in the pro leagues.

So Dragan is playing the U18 European championships that start July 23rd. After dominating those games :), he plans on coming to Baylor and should be in Waco mid August.

Can't wait to see Harris-Tunks and Dragan battle it out next year! :dance005:

shane-harris-tunks.jpg
Sekelja_Dragan.jpg

shane-harris-tunks.jpg
3185_1162117410571_1156895609_30472711_234241_n.jpg

Maybe this one is better. Kissy boy on left = dragan. Google can come up with some amazingly funny pics....

I suspect if Tiny Gallon, Dexter Pittman, Brackins or King (the next Greg Ostertag) Cole saw the pictures in this thread of these foreign powerhouses they would be really scared of matching up with them this upcoming season.

I suspect if Tiny Gallon, Dexter Pittman, Brackins or King (the next Greg Ostertag) Cole saw the pictures in this thread of these foreign powerhouses they would be really scared of matching up with them this upcoming season.

I suspect lots of kids look goofy when they are 14 or 15 years old, which is how old Tunks is in that photo bigtime got, lol...

This is Tunks this summer playing for the Australian national team.

AUS_HARRIS_TINKS_Shane_001.jpg

SYR_OSFIRA_Mahmund_004.jpg

The fact Tyshawn Taylor is a projected 1st round pick next year is living proof it's a WEAK draft. I love Tyshawn but he ain't a pro yet...may never be.

The fact Tyshawn Taylor is a projected 1st round pick next year is living proof it's a WEAK draft. I love Tyshawn but he ain't a pro yet...may never be.

I tend to agree here... I dont think he will go in the top 20, and I dont really think its a weak draft either. I think its a strong lottery with John Wall, Willie Warren, Donatas Motiejunas, Avery Bradley, Xavier Henry, Cole Aldrich, Ed Davis, Sylven Landesberg, Evan Turner, and Derrick Favors.

Back