Blake Griffin tricks article

And what was I wrong about?

You told me to watch the video. I did. You can clearly see Blake's fore arm make contact below the belt. You can clearly see Ibaka's hand pushed into Blake's junk.

What am I wrong about?

Did Ibaka get hit in the junk, yes or no?

Out because you can't take the facts?

Your definition of facts is different from mine.

I am disappointed that you believe Ibaka doesn't have anything down there. Any man that gets hit in the groin flinches, he doesn't because he didn't get hit there.

I shouldn't have come back to argue with Matt Pinto. My mistake.

I am disappointed that you believe Ibaka doesn't have anything down there. Any man that gets hit in the groin flinches, he doesn't because he didn't get hit there.
I never said he got hit in the nuts. just the area

It's bandwagonish. I'm not a sports fan b/c we have a local team. I don't like OU sports, or Tulsa sports, b/c they are close, and I feel some need to support local teams. I'm a sports fan, and I developed "favorites" a long, long time ago. I've also developed a certain level of knowledge over the 3 decades I've watched bball. Then you have new Thunder fans that don't know squat about hoops, but think they know it all b/c their new favorite team is good. That is laughable. Obviously that doesn't describe every Thunder fan, but it describes a lot of them from my experiences. I don't expect everybody to agree with me, but there are plenty of folks that do. It just stinks. Some of it comes with getting a new franchise, but all in all, that hasn't happened much in my adult life, so the "new fans" aren't something I've had to deal with. Just stinks to me. That is my opinion. I'm allowed to have that opinion, and if it turns me off to the Thunder, guess what? I'm allowed to be turned off.

This pretty much describes how I feel. Thunder fans are full of football minded Sooner fans. Their team rarely, if ever loses, it's always the refs, need a new coach, shoulda kept this guy, shoulda got rid of that guy.....etc

My stomach began to turn a few years ago when my Lakers were beginning their descent from the top, like most champions do at the end of an era. Thunder fans created this rivalry in their minds, where they made themselves LA's equal, and heir apparent to the throne in the west. I'm talking before the World Peace elbow. Thunder fans began disrespecting the Lakers at every turn, and basically mocking a franchise they would need 100 years to even be in the conversation with.

They were very slow to give LBJ and Miami any credit for dismantling them, and routinely blow the Spurs off, though the Spurs are the best example of small market success in any sport.

Throw in the COUNTLESS Thunder fans who would have rather watched paint dry, and those who labelled the NBA a league of thugs just a few years ago, and now you have arrogant, obnoxious fans who know very little about the history of the league, yet feel entitled as if the Thunder are the NBA's version of OU football.

I watch my social media feeds light up, along with the office I work in when the Thunder win, then the same people want to fire everyone, trade everyone the day after a loss. Like WT said, it's not the entire fanbase, but it is a good portion. I have found most of the league respects their rabid fan presence during home games, but are also put off by the way OKC fans act elite and arrogant, when their team has won NOTHING.......

It will be interesting to see how much of the loyalty stays once the Thunder experience the inevitable dry spell. I'm not sure the fans will be as long suffering as many tradition rich franchises like the Bulls, Knicks, Lakers, or Celtics.....

There we go, your true feelings came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
This pretty much describes how I feel. Thunder fans are full of football minded Sooner fans. Their team rarely, if ever loses, it's always the refs, need a new coach, shoulda kept this guy, shoulda got rid of that guy.....etc
oh you mean the same attitude of fans for every team in every sport?

My stomach began to turn a few years ago when my Lakers were beginning their descent from the top, like most champions do at the end of an era. Thunder fans created this rivalry in their minds, where they made themselves LA's equal, and heir apparent to the throne in the west. I'm talking before the World Peace elbow. Thunder fans began disrespecting the Lakers at every turn, and basically mocking a franchise they would need 100 years to even be in the conversation with.
Disrespecting? mocking? You are mistaking excitement and joy for disprect and mocking. They are actually showing respect for the Lakers. To come out ontop of a franchise like the Lakers was/is a huge deal for a new young team.

They were very slow to give LBJ and Miami any credit for dismantling them, and routinely blow the Spurs off, though the Spurs are the best example of small market success in any sport
Not sure where you get any of this. All you hear about down here is that LBJ is the best player, miami is the best team, and that they would more than likely beat the thunder again IF the thunder made it to the finals. There is definitely respect for the spurs but we blow them off b/c we have had quite a bit of success against them lately.

I watch my social media feeds light up, along with the office I work in when the Thunder win, then the same people want to fire everyone, trade everyone the day after a loss. Like WT said, it's not the entire fanbase, but it is a good portion. I have found most of the league respects their rabid fan presence during home games, but are also put off by the way OKC fans act elite and arrogant, when their team has won NOTHING.......
It's called passion.

They were very slow to give LBJ and Miami any credit for dismantling them, and routinely blow the Spurs off, though the Spurs are the best example of small market success in any sport.

Throw in the COUNTLESS Thunder fans who would have rather watched paint dry, and those who labelled the NBA a league of thugs just a few years ago, and now you have arrogant, obnoxious fans who know very little about the history of the league, yet feel entitled as if the Thunder are the NBA's version of OU football.

It will be interesting to see how much of the loyalty stays once the Thunder experience the inevitable dry spell. I'm not sure the fans will be as long suffering as many tradition rich franchises like the Bulls, Knicks, Lakers, or Celtics.....

I am a KC royals fan, I go to a message board and its the same thing you see here.
1)There are the fans who over anaylze everything,
2) the fans that want to fire the coach even in a win cause he left the pitcher in to long
3)the fans who actually want the team to loose so the owner will sell it.
4) the fans who enjoy the game for the game sake
5) the ones who are resonable with the expectations but still want good results.
6) the trolls

I mention this as this is not an OKC thing, this is a sports message board thing.

As for Lakers, I don't know anyone who ment disrespect. I didn't cry a bit when Kobe lost, but does not mean he wasn't the greatest during his prime. I took it as fans felt like we belonged cause we could compete with the Lakers, granted the Lakers were not the same as old.

Back