Blake Griffin tricks article

I grew up a Knicks fan of the Ewing/Starks era. I guess I'm just used to the game being played by men. And sorry, didn't catch who your team was. Lifelong Clippers fan I assume.

Mavericks fan. Had season tickets to the Mavs nearly a decade before OKC became NBA "experts"

Whiny game? You are right, the NBA doesn't have guys who complain a lot. I guess you are not a fan of 80% of the league.

Everyone of the Thunder players complains just like the Clippers during plays.

Blake's antics? Holding, pushing, hooking, grabbing, all coaches kid moves. I would rather those be his antics then do the stuff that Ibaka does.

Blake whines or does things to draw fouls? Is this anything like Westbrook flopping around everytime he is screened and can't get around. What about Durant and the whining and flopping he does to draw fouls and shoot 18 free throws.

That is part of the game. Do what you can to get an advantage. I have not seen blake punch, elbow or hit anyone like others do. He may complain and get mad, but he doesn't do the little kids temper tantrum like Ibaka or Westbrook.

They all have their issues. It is what it is.

Clippers should be grateful they didn't . . . come on man. SMH

Yes, he ran into Ibaka's elbow. You are telling me that no one else in the league would have yelling for a foul if they came out with a bloody nose? Really?

Ibaka has played well, but when you have hit a guy in the nuts twice, elbowed him numerous times, then people will doubt you. I don't think this time he hit him in the nuts on purpose, but he did it once on purpose so. . .

I am a Clippers fan started with Blake, and I think the Thunder still win the series. I picked them in 6.

However the antics stuff is overblown. The media here like to brainwash people on other teams especially Paul and Griffin. If you want to watch a antics. Watch the assistant coach on the bench for the Thunder.

Ssshhhhh, Thunder players don't constantly complain about calls, flop around and throw up their arms to exaggerate fouls that aren't there, etc. Their team is infallible.

Whiny game? You are right, the NBA doesn't have guys who complain a lot. I guess you are not a fan of 80% of the league.

Everyone of the Thunder players complains just like the Clippers during plays.

Blake's antics? Holding, pushing, hooking, grabbing, all coaches kid moves. I would rather those be his antics then do the stuff that Ibaka does.

Blake whines or does things to draw fouls? Is this anything like Westbrook flopping around everytime he is screened and can't get around. What about Durant and the whining and flopping he does to draw fouls and shoot 18 free throws.

That is part of the game. Do what you can to get an advantage. I have not seen blake punch, elbow or hit anyone like others do. He may complain and get mad, but he doesn't do the little kids temper tantrum like Ibaka or Westbrook.

They all have their issues. It is what it is.

Clippers should be grateful they didn't . . . come on man. SMH

Yes, he ran into Ibaka's elbow. You are telling me that no one else in the league would have yelling for a foul if they came out with a bloody nose? Really?

Ibaka has played well, but when you have hit a guy in the nuts twice, elbowed him numerous times, then people will doubt you. I don't think this time he hit him in the nuts on purpose, but he did it once on purpose so. . .

I am a Clippers fan started with Blake, and I think the Thunder still win the series. I picked them in 6.

However the antics stuff is overblown. The media here like to brainwash people on other teams especially Paul and Griffin. If you want to watch a antics. Watch the assistant coach on the bench for the Thunder.

Holding and pushing for legitimate plays is one thing. Blake is known in the league to push and hold after the whistle which some people take acceptation to. The was a YouTube video that showed blake basically slam someone into the goal post ( or whatever its called in the NBA) on the defensive side because he did not get a call on the offensive end.

I really don't have any specific issues in what Blake does, and yes he may do the same as other players, but lets not pretend that he only pushes and holds. He trapped Ibaka arms and legs on several occasions and would not let go after the whistle. Most people would not like to beheld like that. And I have seen him though elbows, he threw one at perkins yesterday. It was low and hit perk in the chest after one of thetimes he thaught he was fould( probably was fouled)

Holding and pushing for legitimate plays is one thing. Blake is known in the league to push and hold after the whistle which some people take acceptation to. The was a YouTube video that showed blake basically slam someone into the goal post ( or whatever its called in the NBA) on the defensive side because he did not get a call on the offensive end.

I really don't have any specific issues in what Blake does, and yes he may do the same as other players, but lets not pretend that he only pushes and holds. He trapped Ibaka arms and legs on several occasions and would not let go after the whistle. Most people would not like to beheld like that. And I have seen him though elbows, he threw one at perkins yesterday. It was low and hit perk in the chest after one of thetimes he thaught he was fould( probably was fouled)

I watch him pretty closely, I have not seen him throw an elbow. I did watch the game passingly yesterday as I was busy. If he did that, I haven't seen it, however Perkins deserves about 150 more of those. Can you link the video on youtube. I would like to see Blake shove a guy under the goal. I have watched every one of his games since entering the league, Love League pass by the way, and I wish he would do things like that more often. He needs to start the year next year dishing out some punishment just like ibaka and others do to him. Take the suspension. I agree with Charles and Karl Malone and all the league guys who have said this.

Oh holding after the whistle, what a dirty guy, :facepalm.

You don't think Ibaka is holding after the whistle too? Perkins? That is all he does.

We must both be blinded by our fan glasses. At least I don't have to try and reason with Matt Pinto. What a joke. (that is towards Pinto, not you Snydro. Read it and didn't want you to think I was taking a shot at you.)

Last edited:
Mavericks fan. Had season tickets to the Mavs nearly a decade before OKC became NBA "experts"

Ssshhhhh, Thunder players don't constantly complain about calls, flop around and throw up their arms to exaggerate fouls that aren't there, etc. Their team is infallible.

using hyperbole doesn't help your argument. NO thunder fans think this

Grew up and went to school in Oklahoma, but haven't lived in the area since the 80's. I will never be a Thunder fan, although I"m glad the state has a professional franchise. With that said I hope the Clippers come back and win the series because I am a Blake Griffin fan.

Had season tickets to the Mavs nearly a decade before OKC became NBA "experts"

Biggest issue I have with "a lot" of Thunder fans. I've been watching the NBA since Bird was still playing. Too many Thunder fans that never watched a minute of NBA basketball before the Hornets played that season there, that now think they are big time basketball fans. Just rubs me the wrong way.

Biggest issue I have with "a lot" of Thunder fans. I've been watching the NBA since Bird was still playing. Too many Thunder fans that never watched a minute of NBA basketball before the Hornets played that season there, that now think they are big time basketball fans. Just rubs me the wrong way.

Why does it rub you the wrong way? So a new team can't have big time fans now? really? That is a weak argument.

Do you want a cookie for all the years of watching the NBA before thunder fans?

I watch him pretty closely, I have not seen him throw an elbow. I did watch the game passingly yesterday as I was busy. If he did that, I haven't seen it, however Perkins deserves about 150 more of those. Can you link the video on youtube. I would like to see Blake shove a guy under the goal. I have watched every one of his games since entering the league, Love League pass by the way, and I wish he would do things like that more often. He needs to start the year next year dishing out some punishment just like ibaka and others do to him. Take the suspension. I agree with Charles and Karl Malone and all the league guys who have said this.

Oh holding after the whistle, what a dirty guy, :facepalm.

You don't think Ibaka is holding after the whistle too? Perkins? That is all he does.

We must both be blinded by our fan glasses. At least I don't have to try and reason with Matt Pinto. What a joke.

I do believe Ibaka and Perkins does it, and whole lot of othe players as well. Its the same issue I have with Blake appologists that just cause he went to OU he does nothing wrong that other have said about Thunder fans. Ibaka should be suspended for his nut job.

Even thoughI am in my thirties, I am probably old school when it come to sports. You make a good play you high five your teamates and get ready for the next play. Not really liking all the attention to me stuff so I guess that is why I don't give a pass to Blake even though I love his regular playing and is fun to watch. It really bothers me in football too when I see a player make a tackle and start acting like they are on "so you think you can dance."

Why does it rub you the wrong way? So a new team can't have big time fans now? really? That is a weak argument.

Do you want a cookie for all the years of watching the NBA before thunder fans?

It's bandwagonish. I'm not a sports fan b/c we have a local team. I don't like OU sports, or Tulsa sports, b/c they are close, and I feel some need to support local teams. I'm a sports fan, and I developed "favorites" a long, long time ago. I've also developed a certain level of knowledge over the 3 decades I've watched bball. Then you have new Thunder fans that don't know squat about hoops, but think they know it all b/c their new favorite team is good. That is laughable. Obviously that doesn't describe every Thunder fan, but it describes a lot of them from my experiences. I don't expect everybody to agree with me, but there are plenty of folks that do. It just stinks. Some of it comes with getting a new franchise, but all in all, that hasn't happened much in my adult life, so the "new fans" aren't something I've had to deal with. Just stinks to me. That is my opinion. I'm allowed to have that opinion, and if it turns me off to the Thunder, guess what? I'm allowed to be turned off.

Ibaka should be suspended for his nut job.

Please.

1.) Serge got hit in the nuts first.
2.) Looked inadvertant to me. Perk shoved ibaka's arm forward. It wasn't even a closed fist. Who nut shots someone with their wrist bent backwards?
3.) Serge didn't even get suspended when he obviously low blowed blake the first time.

You don't suspend someone when you aren't positive it was on purpose

It's bandwagonish.
It clearly is not bandwagonish. A team gets a new team and you don't think they should be allowed to support them? I am not sure if you understand the term bandwagon.

Then you have new Thunder fans that don't know squat about hoops, but think they know it all b/c their new favorite team is good.
This is an overstatement. Some fans knew nothing about hoops. Some didn't. And this may have been used the first or second year but it's been what six or seven years now?

It just stinks. .
I fail to see how it stinks. How does it really affect you?

Sounds like you are a little insecure in your fanhood

Please.

2.) Looked inadvertant to me. Perk shoved ibaka's arm forward. It wasn't even a closed fist. Who nut shots someone with their wrist bent backwards?
3.) Serge didn't even get suspended when he obviously low blowed blake the first time.

Should he be suspended, NO
Should it have been a foul, YES

Did he get hit in the nuts first, NOPE. It was a forearm across the waste. If not then Ibaka must not have any since he didn't even flinch.

Please.

LOL, #1 is a flat out lie.

using hyperbole doesn't help your argument. NO thunder fans think this

Baloney.

My wife summed it up yesterday perfectly in regards to posts on Facebook..."Thunder fans are really annoying, aren't they?"

Baloney.

My wife summed it up yesterday perfectly in regards to posts on Facebook..."Thunder fans are really annoying, aren't they?"

Being annoying and saying what you said are completely different things.

I find all fans annoying...especially OU football fans

I've seen several articles that say Serge got hit there first. It may not have been a direct hit but he was hit in the region

Oh you have seen articles, can you not watch the video yourself.
He doesn't flinch and the arm hits across his hips.

I've seen several articles that say Serge got hit there first. It may not have been a direct hit but he was hit in the region

Maybe you should watch the game. Griffin was trying to create space during his postup and gave him a forearm crossbar...something that is common when someone is on the low block. Griffin missed the shot because he took a direct shot to his man parts by Ibaka.

Back