Blake Griffin tricks article

I have been to several games and his first game back Blake received a lot of cheers. It has dwindled every year since.

So the fans in the gym. Thunder fans.

You think thunder fans like blake more than ibaka?

He instigates contact when plays are off. HE did it the last game with Blake, then acted like Blake killed him with the shove.

I think he has been instructed to try and get under Blake's skin. Usually he doesn't even flinch when he is hit in the face. This time he flies over to the side???

He likes to instigates bumps and shoves when no one is looking. He hasn't taken a shot at anyone or the nut shots though. He is a lot like Perkins, just annoying and has to do these things because that is all they bring to the game.

Do what you can do and do it well. That is what he is doing. It isn't accidental as Anthony Slater from the Oklahoman has said before. He knows what he is doing too.

I see that, but I also see that done by almost all centers in the league. Zach Randolph would come down last series and when he posted up would basically give a forearm to whoever was guarding him to establish his position. Perkins and Adams combated this by making contact before he could give his forearm. If Adams is still doing this to either Blake or Deandre when they are not planning on giving the forearm I could see how this could be annoying.

Last edited:
that isn't all they bring obviously. Blake does the same things and obviously he brings more than that

Perkins - Push and shove, grab a few rebounds a game.

Adams - the same, some blocked shots also.

Push, shove, be physical. That is what they bring. They are not great rebounders, and are good against certain players.

I think the Thunder lack the extra parts to go with Durant and Westbrook. Those two are really, really, really good.

Ibaka is a good 4th or 5th wheel. They need that inside player or inside scorer.

As I have said, this is an opinion so I am not saying you are wrong. Just what I think.

I see that, but I also see that done by almost all centers in the league. Blake did that when he was at OU. I remember him coming down court and time out was called and he acted like was still going to post up and ran over the other teams center. Its not uncommon for inside guys to do that.

I don't disagree. Just watching the way Adams is creating contact now, I think he has been told to try to be physical and made Blake mad. It is what the Warriors did during the regular season. If they get him to react then it helps the Thunder.

MY QUESTION IS THIS.

Is there an NBA player on any team that has ever thought they actually fouled unless they were doing it intentionally. This includes the Clippers, Thunder and every other team.

Everyone acts as if they never touch anyone. Blake is awful about this and so is Ibaka.

This is 100% on the refs. If acting didn't work, players wouldn't be doing it. Soccer has tried to combat this by making it a yellow card if you're caught blatantly flopping. I don't know how effective the rule has been, but taht should be a rule in the NBA. 5k fines don't matter to guys making millions of dollars per year. Flopping should be a tech. If the refs thing you blatantly flopped, tehy should go to the monitor and review it. Assess a tech if it's a flop.

Amass 3 flopping Ts in a season, each additional is a one game suspension.

People need to get over all of this stuff, including the players. The whole thing is comical to me that people pay so much attention to it.

Ibaka's leg got trapped by Blake's...why is he freaking out and can't control his emotions? My guess is it was because they were getting their asses kicked.

Last edited:
It is a bad article but this crap that you are spewing gets old as well. "Oh I'm a MAvs fan and OKC has only had a team for several years so that means they know nothing about the NBA or bball and I can dismiss every thunder fans opinion b/c they are thunder fans"

It's not every Thunder fan.

But there is a large portion of the OKC fan base and about 95% of the OKC media that knew nothing about the NBA before the Thunder came to town. And then they were lucky enough to get a team that got very good VERY fast. So there's a fairly large entitlement attitude from a significant portion of the fan base and media.

The Thunder season thread on the basketball board at LandThieves is basically the "complain about how everybody is out to get the Thunder" thread half the time. I remember in 2011 and 2012 when the Mavs and Thunder played in the playoffs every post was a complaint about how the NBA was rigged and Dirk gets all the calls. From people rooting for a team that had Durant, Westbrook, and Harden on it.

MY QUESTION IS THIS.

Is there an NBA player on any team that has ever thought they actually fouled unless they were doing it intentionally. This includes the Clippers, Thunder and every other team.

Everyone acts as if they never touch anyone. Blake is awful about this and so is Ibaka.

Basically no. Everyone does it.
As Mavs fans, my friends and I refer to Tim Duncan as "Nipple Magnets," because every time he's called for a foul, it looks like the back of his hands magnetize to his nipples as he drops his jaw and his eyes bulge out of his head.

It's not every Thunder fan.

But there is a large portion of the OKC fan base and about 95% of the OKC media that knew nothing about the NBA before the Thunder came to town. And then they were lucky enough to get a team that got very good VERY fast. So there's a fairly large entitlement attitude from a significant portion of the fan base and media.

The Thunder season thread on the basketball board at LandThieves is basically the "complain about how everybody is out to get the Thunder" thread half the time. I remember in 2011 and 2012 when the Mavs and Thunder played in the playoffs every post was a complaint about how the NBA was rigged and Dirk gets all the calls. From people rooting for a team that had Durant, Westbrook, and Harden on it.

Do you only visit Thunder message boards?I guarentee EVERY teams message board is the same way.

Do you ever view OU football game threads? The exact same thing.

It has nothing to do with how new the team is or how knowledgable the fanbase is.

It was to do with fans of all teams not being able to be objective.

People need to get over all of this stuff, including the players. The whole thing is comical to me that people pay so much attention to it.

Ibaka's leg got trapped by Blake's...why is he freaking out and can't control his emotions? My guess is it was because they were getting their asses kicked.

There is a difference in someones leg getting traped to someone intentionally holding on to it. If I was trying to walk away and someone was intentionally holding on to my leg I would be upset. Now should he have reacted as he did, probably not.

As yes Blake did that on purpose. It was not accidental that he brought his legs together why Ibaka leg was inbetween. Was Griffen doing something that bad, No but its not the same situation as 2 people just getting tangled up.

I don't think Blake is the only one that does these types of things. Like mentioned before Adams, Ibaka for the Thunder have. I think the article does make a point that Blake does seem to come away scott free on some of the issues, but some of them would be hard to call something on Blake in the first place.

I think this is becoming and NBA issue though. Memphis is mad as Adams for perciving to do something to make Zach go off on him, now the OKC paper rights something about Blake ( a hometown boy). Wonder what is said in other parts of the country when stuff like this goes on. Are we overly sensitive because its the Thunder? Does the NBA need to try to curtail some of it?

I don't think Blake is the only one that does these types of things. Like mentioned before Adams, Ibaka for the Thunder have. I think the article does make a point that Blake does seem to come away scott free on some of the issues, but some of them would be hard to call something on Blake in the first place.

I think this is becoming and NBA issue though. Memphis is mad as Adams for perciving to do something to make Zach go off on him, now the OKC paper rights something about Blake ( a hometown boy). Wonder what is said in other parts of the country when stuff like this goes on. Are we overly sensitive because its the Thunder? Does the NBA need to try to curtail some of it?

It's a business model based on stars, therefore, stars are going to get the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry, BG has become an embarrassment. I've only seen Euro bigs play such a weak-ass whiny game.

Sorry, BG has become an embarrassment. I've only seen Euro bigs play such a weak-ass whiny game.

Ibaka smacks him in the junk to start off the game and he is the cheap one....Thunder fans....LOL

Ibaka smacks him in the junk to start off the game and he is the cheap one....Thunder fans....LOL

I did like when they showed Blake hugging and holding the jersey of the always dangerous Perkins

Clippers just won on a big come back and Blake played a role in it.

Back