Born Ready to Arizona?

bocabull

Banned
Reaction score
If this happens Sean Miller will be pushing a top 15 class as he's already pulled in a couple top 25-75 guys.

He would have 4 top 100 guys if that happened. They have a juco guy whose ship may get pulled if they bring in Stephenson. Arizona has a NY AAU coach that Miller hired last year to get a player. He is the guy who's recruiting Stephenson.

Born Ready must be kicking himself for waiting on KU so long. I wanted you Born Ready, I wanted you bad. Should have said yes instead of playing the waiting game dawg.

Born Ready must be kicking himself for waiting on KU so long. I wanted you Born Ready, I wanted you bad. Should have said yes instead of playing the waiting game dawg.

Did you want him more than Xavier? They play the same spot. It's greedy to have both. GREEDY!!

Did you want him more than Xavier? They play the same spot. It's greedy to have both. GREEDY!!

I kind of did. Something about Born Ready's NYC toughness I really wanted. I wasn't worried about his attitude in the least bit because that is one of Self's biggest strengths...getting teams to mesh, buy in and play as a team.
Also, I thought Born Ready might stay 2 years. I think X is certain one and done. I do think X is probaby what KU needs more for this years team in a pure shooter. Born Ready had a long time to commit and KU was obviously where he wanted to go since he dropped the whole St. Johns & Maryland facade almost immediately after KU wasn't an option and now he's considering good programs again.

Rumor out here is that Sean Miller has questions about his attitude.

But if he wants to be the man Arizona is the best fit possible for him. One thing about UA, their fan support is second to none. He would be a bigger deal at UA than at KU because of the rebuilding scenario.

NYC Toughness? Are all people from New York really tough?

I feel pretty confident saying that Stephenson is no tougher than Xavier Henry.

X Henry looks like a roids user to me. Puffy muscles. Acne on the shoulders.

Cmon Cheno. If Born Ready could have went to KU, he would have went. It was out of his hands.

Cmon Cheno. If Born Ready could have went to KU, he would have went. It was out of his hands.

Out of his hands? He's had a schollie over for months and months. KU was full court pressing him hard for months while X was committed to Memphis. He could have jumped at anytime.

I saw Lance play against Duncanville last year. He absolutely destroyed Franklin, Washburn and Williams. If the guy keeps his head on straight- a huge if- he's going to terrorize people.

Dropping like a rock.
Lance Stephenson was set to announce his college decision on March 31.

The New York star was said to be choosing between Kansas, St. John's and Maryland.

But then Kansas decided it would rather pursue Xavier Henry and ultimately passed, and now St. John's and Maryland are reportedly out of the race. Meantime, Kentucky essentially said thanks but no thanks. And though multiple reports currently list Arizona and Memphis as leaders, the interest of new Arizona coach Sean Miller is said to be low, and Memphis isn't sure where it stands (or if it is standing at all), all of which makes the recruitment of Stephenson the strangest this side of John Wall.

But why?

At least with Wall, the hesitation is on Wall's side.

Kentucky, Duke or Florida would take his commitment this second.

But most traditionally powerful schools -- even traditionally powerful schools that need players, like Arizona -- are passing on Stephenson like he's Hamburger Helper at Cousin Eddie's, leaving the McDonald's All-American in a unique position. Basically, he has joined Renardo Sidney as a top 10 prospect no solid program with a secure coach wants, proving we've reached an era where talent alone is no longer enough to keep everybody intrigued.

Now don't get me wrong; talent is great.

Few win without it.

But just as UCLA and Southern California passed on Sidney despite the fact that he's a future pro living miles from their campuses, several schools have either passed on or showed no interest in Stephenson. Over the past week, CBSSports.com spoke to multiple schools once involved in Stephenson's recruitment for clarification, and though the exact reasons behind the lack of interest varied, the common theme was that taking the Class of 2009 standout simply isn't worth the trouble for anyone who isn't desperate.

Can you imagine?

A McDonald's All-American not worth the trouble?

In most cases, schools kill each other -- and sometimes cheat like hell -- to land a top 10 prospect, particularly one who remains available this late in the process. But the majority of college coaches are avoiding Stephenson like he's Swine Flu, mostly because they -- according to sources speaking on the condition of anonymity -- believe dealing with his father (Lance Stephenson Sr.) will create more headaches than wins, and/or that the NCAA might eventually question whether Stephenson's amateur status has been compromised. He has been a high-profile prospect since before high school, a notable talent on the summer circuit where agents and the runners who gather for them tend to invest in the futures of potential stars.

In other words, Lance Stephenson is like a supermodel with herpes.

(Yeah, I said it.)

He looks great from a distance, and you can't help but look. But you know that inviting him into your home could be regrettable, which is why many coaches have taken less-talented/safer players and left Stephenson for the desperate who believe the possible reward outweighs the possible risk. For their sake, I hope they're right. Because barring a change of plans, some school will accept a signed national letter of intent from Stephenson on May 20, at which point the circus will begin.

Sure, there's a chance it'll work out and be fine.

But the number of coaches practicing abstinence should tell you something.

Source

No he kept his purity ring on when he was around Lance.

Off subject simple question: on that blog, how did you bring it up as a quote?

Back