Cade can't be the leading scorer on a good team...

thebigabd

Reaction score
This is what a lot of us said before the season started.... It needed to be Pledger, Cam, Fitz, etc, with Cade as a really good role player. But, thats not his role this year and that has resulted in two double-digit losses to real teams early, and a blowout (down 19 at the moment) to a questionable Virginia team.

He took 19 shots last night, team lost by double digits.

Has taken 12 shots today (more than twice everyone else), and team is down 20.

Its not Cades fault, he has been great. But someone else HAS to step up or this team is going to a lose a TON of games. Cade can't be the leading scorer, and he cant take twice as many shots as everyone else on the team.

I mean, with 6 minutes left Fitz has 9 points on 4 shots. 4 shots? Get him the freakin ball SOMEHOW. He needs to take 10+ shots per game.

Last edited:
Yes he can. But we need other guys to step up. Cameron Clark hasn't look effective on offense the last 2 games and that's something that needs to change. Fitzgerald has been in foul trouble but he hasn't really gotten open that much either.

Yes he can. But we need other guys to step up. Cameron Clark hasn't look effective on offense the last 2 games and that's something that needs to change. Fitzgerald has been in foul trouble but he hasn't really gotten open that much either.

+1 Clark, Fitzy, and Pledger need to be right behind him.

Newell - 0
Cam - 0
Nick - 0
Thompson - Foul trouble
Pledge - 2-6
Blair - 2 assists to 4 turnovers

Cade and Neal are the only two doing anything today, Cade is 50% from the floor for christ sakes.

I know you have issues with Cade but right now he is by far our best player and has to take the shots until someone else steps up. And without him we are prolly down 30 or 40 right now

Last edited:
Thats what im saying... Right now, nobody else is any good (except Fitz and Neal) and thats why he is getting 19 shots and leading the team in scoring. If the team had really good players around Cade wouldnt get 19 shots.

This is what a lot of us said before the season started.... It needed to be Pledger, Cam, Fitz, etc, with Cade as a really good role player. But, thats not his role this year and that has resulted in two double-digit losses to real teams early, and a blowout (down 19 at the moment) to a questionable Virginia team.

He took 19 shots last night, team lost by double digits.

Has taken 12 shots today (more than twice everyone else), and team is down 20.

Its not Cades fault, he has been great. But someone else HAS to step up or this team is going to a lose a TON of games. Cade can't be the leading scorer, and he cant take twice as many shots as everyone else on the team.

I mean, with 6 minutes left Fitz has 9 points on 4 shots. 4 shots? Get him the freakin ball SOMEHOW. He needs to take 10+ shots per game.

fitz does need the ball more, he is a TO machine tonight tho

i dont think that pledger has any reason to be the leading scorer any more than cade.. there is nothing wrong with cade leading scoring its just that no one else is getting double digits with him..

pledger, fitz and cade all three need double digits each game

I just think Pledger and Cade are too much alike. Both shoot a bunch of 3s and miss and really need to be shooting more inside the arc to get the team started. Cameron Clark is really talented, but he just needs to show up more. He played really good the first couple of games. Fitzgerald will play better than this most nights. He was in foul trouble early and just couldn't get any separation.

Tyler Neal is a really good positive from this game though. He needs to play a lot more.

Cade is doing what he can to lead by example, which is what the only senior on a young team should do. But he may not have any choice to be the leading scorer if no one except Fitz comes ready to compete. OU was as ill-prepared to play today as any team I've seen in sometime. This is going to be a very long season if that doesn't change.

Cade is doing what he can to lead by example, which is what the only senior on a young team should do. But he may not have any choice to be the leading scorer if no one except Fitz comes ready to compete. OU was as ill-prepared to play today as any team I've seen in sometime. This is going to be a very long season if that doesn't change.
I agree although It looked like we had all our players that played yesterday had an extra 1000 lbs on their shoes compared to yesterday except for Neal who really didn't play against Kentucky.

If I'm Cam Clark and I have the opportunity to be one of the focal points on the team, I'm taking it. He hasn't. He's playing like a freshman. Cade is not at fault for stepping up. He earned the right to take as many shots as needed. Especially since he brings it on both ends. Drew, Pledger, and Cam are the guys who haven't made the most of their opportunities.

If I'm Cam Clark and I have the opportunity to be one of the focal points on the team, I'm taking it. He hasn't. He's playing like a freshman. Cade is not at fault for stepping up. He earned the right to take as many shots as needed. Especially since he brings it on both ends. Drew, Pledger, and Cam are the guys who haven't made the most of their opportunities.

Actually Neal looks better than Cam at this time. Of course, Cam is the better athlete, but Neal has much better basketball smarts.

Actually Neal looks better than Cam at this time. Of course, Cam is the better athlete, but Neal has much better basketball smarts.

I know. I meant to put that on a post. Neal's awareness is a lot higher than Cam's. My hope was that Neal would come in and push Cam to be better, not take his spot. If Cam doesn't become more assertive, that's what will happen. Cam has all the ability in the world. My biggest issue with him is he doesn't attack the rim.

Back