Cade Davis - best player on the court tonight

bocabull said:
Bashing is questioning a guys heart and character. Especially when that guy lays his body on the line taking the ball into the paint and getting knocked down.

It is pretty astonishing how many people are willing to personally attack an OU player's character based on nothing but, I guess, body language and mind reading.

Cade is a high major player, he just isnt a superstar. He is worthy of playing on this level. He would dominate the MEAC, which tells me he is right where he should be. Not everyone is an All Conference player.

Their is an unrealsitic outlook when dealing with Cade. He's not going to light it up every night. But just because he doesn't light it up doens't mean he's a below caliber player. I like Cade because he brings more things to the court than just scoring. I'm wishing Steve Pledger and Willie Warren would become a player that can still have a positve effect on the floor in situations when their not scoring.

With Cade, the criticism has been ridiculous. First he's been criticized as being slow. He goes out and proves he's the fastest guy on the court. Then he got criticized as being unathletic and proves he's one of if not the most athletic guy on the team. Then he gets' criticized as being a poor defender. He goes out and shows he's one of our better defenders and leads the team in steals. So now he can't shoot.

:clap

Bashing is questioning a guys heart and character. Especially when that guy lays his body on the line taking the ball into the paint and getting knocked down.

You just defined Cade Davis. The guy dives for loose balls, leaps over tables, hustles back on defense as to not give up an easy bucket.

On the season:

vs Northern Colorado and whoever that was we played last night - 16 of 28 57.1%

vs everybody else - 20 of 70 - 28.6%

total - 36 of 98 - 36.7% - still the lowest of any Big XII starter.

It is not bashing to point out the facts. Bashing is questioning a guys heart and character. Especially when that guy lays his body on the line taking the ball into the paint and getting knocked down.

Jeff you are the only one on this side of the fence. Davis is OU best all around player at home. Once he translates this on the road he will be our best all around player period. You don't see his Help D, steals, movement without the ball, energy...etc.

Back