Capel hopes Sooners received his message >>> The Oklahoman

"There’s no way we should ever score 93 and lose,” Warren said of the loss to Houston. "Both my high school coaches stressed defense, defense; that’s what’s going to win games. So, it was a little easier for me coming in. I don’t know if they stress that at Oak Hill Academy or out there in Houston or wherever Pledger went, but they’re getting it.”

It starts with you, Willie. Be the example for the other guys. Don't just tell them what to do....do it yourself!

You and Crock should be two of the best perimeter defenders in the league. Let's see it.

Last edited:
"There’s no way we should ever score 93 and lose,” Warren said of the loss to Houston. "Both my high school coaches stressed defense, defense; that’s what’s going to win games. So, it was a little easier for me coming in. I don’t know if they stress that at Oak Hill Academy or out there in Houston or wherever Pledger went, but they’re getting it.”
That is an awkward quote. It would be one thing if this quote came from a perennial defensive star, but it's not.

That is an awkward quote. It would be one thing if this quote came from a perennial defensive star, but it's not.

Agree. I would be nice if he was a bit more conversant about his team mates' respective backgrounds too.

Its talking the talk. Now he needs to walk the walk.

Back