Crowd

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Proud of those that came. I thought the student section did a really nice job tonight. Really proud of my capelables.

The crowd gave this team a huge boost to end the half, and that was what allowed the guys to build a lead that they would never let go of. It got really loud during the last five minutes.

There were about 1000 more there than I expected which is always a good thing when you are talking Sooner hoops! :)

For those that went, spread the word and let's get even more there on Sunday. This is our biggest non-conference game of the year.

I will be there on sunday, and i am pumped. Really good to hear the crowd represented tonight.

I will be there on sunday, and i am pumped. Really good to hear the crowd represented tonight.

Over 8,400 on a Wednesday night (church night), Thunder home game on the same time, came off a dreadful showing, and terrible media coverage and state marketing.

Like I said, it is very rare that I underestimate a Sooner crowd. I did tonight, and I think that is a testament to people really buying into Coach Capel! It brings a huge smile to my face!

Yes the crowd was ok, not any where near to being a packed house. The student section was great and thanks to them there was a lot of noise and energy.

It is still amazing how many Sooner fans can't tell time... so many of them must think the game is over when the clock goes under the 4:00 mark. When there is a single digit lead with that much time left people need to stick around. But at least they showed up, let's hope it's standing room only for the AZ game.

Yes the crowd was ok, not any where near to being a packed house. The student section was great and thanks to them there was a lot of noise and energy.

It is still amazing how many Sooner fans can't tell time... so many of them must think the game is over when the clock goes under the 4:00 mark. When there is a single digit lead with that much time left people need to stick around. But at least they showed up, let's hope it's standing room only for the AZ game.

You have to pick your battles, 12. The crowd had a chance to really dissapoint, and they didn't do that.

Student section was strong tonight, whole crowd was good. That run at the end of the first half had the place rocking considering the circumstances. There is still room for improvement but given previous crowds I thought it was pretty good. I just hope many people see what happened tonight and we get an even bigger cloud Sunday for Zona.

Good to hear the crowd was good, BT. I know that wednesday is a popular night for night classes, but it seems like the turnout was decent nevertheless. Can't wait for the game Sunday!!!

I was extremely happy with the crowd. But I was disappointed in the participation of a lot of the student section. We (I was in there) didn't stand the whole game like we usually do. We stood basically the first few minutes of each of the halves and then right before halftime. We should be standing the entire game making more noise than I thought we did. I felt like i was in donor seats which is not how the student section should be.

Really good showing overall and will, as always, be even better as conference time comes around. Good win tonight and time to beat Zona!:OU-logo:

And have to add this: Hell of a game Crocker!

Last edited:
I was extremely happy with the crowd. But I was disappointed in the participation of a lot of the student section. We (I was in there) didn't stand the whole game like we usually do. We stood basically the first few minutes of each of the halves and then right before halftime. We should be standing the entire game making more noise than I thought we did. I felt like i was in donor seats which is not how the student section should be.

Really good showing overall and will, as always, be even better as conference time comes around. Good win tonight and time to beat Zona!:OU-logo:

And have to add this: Hell of a game Crocker!

You said you were in the student section, so I'll assume you are a student...

Anyways, if you are not a "Capelable" by now, maybe you should consider joining. If you like the standing/jumping/yelling/just being rowdy and creating some entergy, then this would be a great group for you to join. You can PM soonersam, or bigtime for more details. I would highly recommend it.

I know this is brought up each year...

but is there anything you guys think can help with 25-30% of the fans leaving with 3-5 min left to go in the game....

i know last night it was pretty much over, but all last year the same thing happened in close games...

is it because it's a week night or because of the mess the Lloyd Noble parking lot causes...

it just bothers me, if i was a player it would be very hard not to notice...

I think alot has to do with people needing to get back to OKC/ Edmond and don't want to get home at 11 pm. Atleast thats the case with the family in front of our seats.

I think alot has to do with people needing to get back to OKC/ Edmond and don't want to get home at 11 pm. Atleast thats the case with the family in front of our seats.

Unfortunately, it's going to be an issue unless it is a really tight game. I honestly am not going to judge someone who has a family and brought kids to the game wanting to get home a little sooner. Don't see the big deal of getting home 15 minutes sooner, but I also am not married and don't have kids.

In order to get the LNC packed, it seems it is only going to continue. However, I will add that a bunch of people do watch from the concourse and then leave. It's like complaining about fans leaving for football, everyone has their own reason, and that's good enough for them.

I know this is brought up each year...

but is there anything you guys think can help with 25-30% of the fans leaving with 3-5 min left to go in the game....

i know last night it was pretty much over, but all last year the same thing happened in close games...

is it because it's a week night or because of the mess the Lloyd Noble parking lot causes...

it just bothers me, if i was a player it would be very hard not to notice...

NBA games always have some coupon giveaway AFTER the game is over. Cuban started it with free tacos from Jack in the Box when the Mavs scored over 100 (which they always did under Nelson). Anyway you would be surprised how many people will wait to get their free coupon on the way out of the arena.

Capelables--good job. Rest of student section--needs improvement. Granted, the first half was brutal at times and there wasn't much to cheer about until the last five minutes. But the student section treated it like it was a blowout win over Alcorn State in the second half. I can give students somewhat of a break for sitting when the lead is 15+, but the first half was pretty bad and definitely noticeable.

Perhaps a solution would be to get some of the Capelables lining the first row of the seated sections. This would force everyone to stand behind them.

Also, I thought that the Marquette-Style big heads were a good idea. I thought the ones that went into the student section could have gone a little bit lower and toward the middle--more in the line of sight of a free-throw shooter.

Maybe if the Capables doled out some flyers requesting our fans to stay the entire game but other than that I don't know what to suggest. It being my first game in the LNC, I stayed until the last second and I too was perplexed at the amount of fans leaving early. The traffic wasn't that bad after the game (nothing like a football game) and we were sitting at a bar having a beer roughly 20 minutes after the end of regulation.

Did anyone else have any terrible Arkansas fans around them? I had two sets with one being an a**hat to everyone around us. He kept asking us if we were going to the championship game (Big XII football) this weekend? After the second helping of his douchery, I had to inform him that the last time they were relevant was then they were a member of the SWC and that seemed to shut him up. I was extremely pleased to see him making the walk of shame to the exits about midway through the 2nd half.

All-in-all it was a great first game to witness. I'm looking forward to seeing more games this season.

Maybe if the Capables doled out some flyers requesting our fans to stay the entire game but other than that I don't know what to suggest. It being my first game in the LNC, I stayed until the last second and I too was perplexed at the amount of fans leaving early. The traffic wasn't that bad after the game (nothing like a football game) and we were sitting at a bar having a beer roughly 20 minutes after the end of regulation.

Did anyone else have any terrible Arkansas fans around them? I had two sets with one being an a**hat to everyone around us. He kept asking us if we were going to the championship game (Big XII football) this weekend? After the second helping of his douchery, I had to inform him that the last time they were relevant was then they were a member of the SWC and that seemed to shut him up. I was extremely pleased to see him making the walk of shame to the exits about midway through the 2nd half.

All-in-all it was a great first game to witness. I'm looking forward to seeing more games this season.

Glad to hear it, Stu! And glad to hear that you will be attending more....

I agree with the heads, and will try and get them more front and center next game. The SS was ok. They made up for the slow start with a really strong finish to the first half, and then they brought it in the second half until the game got out of hand.

Another issue is that they have opened up another floor section this year, and I think some of the rowdies have moved down there, and thus, more folks that would force others to stand have moved down....

Glad to hear it, Stu! And glad to hear that you will be attending more....

I agree with the heads, and will try and get them more front and center next game. The SS was ok. They made up for the slow start with a really strong finish to the first half, and then they brought it in the second half until the game got out of hand.

Another issue is that they have opened up another floor section this year, and I think some of the rowdies have moved down there, and thus, more folks that would force others to stand have moved down....

Maybe if you asked whoever ends up sitting in the front row to standup during the action and explained that it makes the entire student section better, they would comply. Or, you could make a sign and tape it to the seats in the front row.

North West corner of the student section down on the court might be some of the worse fans in the whole arena, first two rows usually in particular. They show up two hours to get some of the best seats in the house and they sit on their hands the whole game, don't even take part in the newspapers before the game. Really quite odd somebody would so dedicated and obvious a fan yet they do nothing to take part in helping out the team or the college experience since they're students.

Back