Reaction score
PPG: 20.3
RPG: 4.4
APG: 5.0
Turnovers Per Game: 3.3
FG%: 50
3pt%: 34
FT%: 78

Makes you wonder what to expect from him next year. It seems like we, as fans, are putting a lot of hope and faith in him. Every projection has him as the starting PG from day one, basically handing the program to him. Is he that kinda guy?

Is he kind of raw on offense? 34% is a respectable considering he launched 174 3's. He won't shoot anywhere near that at OU. But he clearly isn't a great shooter. Gets to the foul line a ton.

Is Byron Eaton at all a fair comparison? Gets in the paint, gets to the rim, finishes, gets fouled a ton, etc. Thats what Eaton was a beast at, was getting fouled and getting in the lane.

Offer List (High Majors):
  • Oklahoma
  • Oklahoma State
  • Baylor
  • LSU
  • Texas
  • TCU
  • Texas Tech
  • Cal
  • Georgia Tech
  • Arizona State

I agree, leadership seems like a big selling point. And he's been 100% OU even with the last few seasons we've had

De’Vion is an ultra competitor. OU fans won’t complain about his work ethic. He plays hard on both ends of the floor. He’s a natural leader who leads by example, starting with great defense.

For those who might think Denton Guyer is some podunk school in a rural Texas town, check out their schedule this season. As you will see, their AD and head coach did not shy away from tough, national competition. If you’re into high school hoops, I think you’ll see the names of a few national powers you might recognize.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/guyer-wildcats-(denton,tx)/basketball/schedule.htm

De’Vion Harmon is a gamer. He’s all about doing whatever he needs to do to win games. I have said for sometime that he will start from the opening tap next season. That’s not meant as a knock on JB. Jamal was already one of my favorite players before he arrived on campus. It’s that De’Vion is a game changer, a true point guard who is exactly what we need to run our offense.

I saw Trae young play a couple of times his Sr year...and I would bet he didn't shoot much better than 34% from the 3 pt line for the season. The game I saw him play in the state playoffs..he was like 3-11 or so...mainly because he took A LOT of LONG range 3 's when he really didn't need to.

I think Harmon will surprise some of you doubters with how good he is.

I saw Trae young play a couple of times his Sr year...and I would bet he didn't shoot much better than 34% from the 3 pt line for the season. The game I saw him play in the state playoffs..he was like 3-11 or so...mainly because he took A LOT of LONG range 3 's when he really didn't need to.

I think Harmon will surprise some of you doubters with how good he is.

Absolutely true, cvanglid!

Trae was on hand to see Harmon’s performance in this game. De’Vion had 22 points and made four three pointers to lead Denton Guyer over Sulphur Springs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=piKjGDWpqj8

Here’s the link to the article. Be sure to check out the video of Harmon dunking on a 6’ 9” guy.

https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/bas...cle_9ceea31b-2fca-516d-aea4-e4192c7b998a.html

[/B]

Absolutely true, cvanglid!

Trae was on hand to see Harmon’s performance in this game. De’Vion had 22 points and made four three pointers to lead Denton Guyer over Sulphur Springs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=piKjGDWpqj8

Here’s the link to the article. Be sure to check out the video of Harmon dunking on a 6’ 9” guy.

https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/bas...cle_9ceea31b-2fca-516d-aea4-e4192c7b998a.html

His body type and the way he plays low on defense reminds me of Corey Brewer. And Brewer was a gamer.

PPG: 20.3
RPG: 4.4
APG: 5.0
Turnovers Per Game: 3.3
FG%: 50
3pt%: 34
FT%: 78

Makes you wonder what to expect from him next year. It seems like we, as fans, are putting a lot of hope and faith in him. Every projection has him as the starting PG from day one, basically handing the program to him. Is he that kinda guy?

[/LIST]

If he is we are in for a heck of a treat because JB looks awfully good at point to me. Reminds me a bit of Monte Morris.

What is fair to expect from a true freshman top 50 guard? Work hard, be a good teammate, be one of the regular rotation players, have some wow moments or games that make us see the potential and care about winning.

What's not fair? Expecting even half of what Trae did, starting from game 1, being the team leader the 1st year.

Corey Brewer part two would be unbelievable if he was like that. one of my all time favorites

Harmon is the type of PG Kansas gets...and then for 4 years I complain about how he kills us every game we play them.

I'm ecstatic to get him and see how he will lead next year's team.

I may be crucified for this but think Marcus Smart but a better scorer and pure PG.

I may be crucified for this but think Marcus Smart but a better scorer and pure PG.

Is he as explosive as Smart?

And he isn’t nearly as tall. Smart is 6’4” and Harmon is 6’.

I think he is. He's athletic, quick first step.

I just mean hustle and hard play. Not the flopping crap.

Corey Brewer was 6'2''... Harmon is 6'0''.... Thats why I was thinking Byron Eaton.

Eaton averaged 17 points and 6 rebounds per game in Dallas high schools... His stats weren't incredible. But he was very good at OSU. He was listed at 5'11'', so more similar in size to Harmon.

Even had a similar offer list..

Corey Brewer was 6'2''... Harmon is 6'0''.... Thats why I was thinking Byron Eaton.

Eaton averaged 17 points and 6 rebounds per game in Dallas high schools... His stats weren't incredible. But he was very good at OSU. He was listed at 5'11'', so more similar in size to Harmon.

Even had a similar offer list..

Harmon much more like Brewer than Eaton, physically

Saw Harmon standing with Trae Young. Young maybe had 1/2” on him. Harmon more muscle.

I’d guess he’ll be listed 6-1/185 next year.

Back