Doron Lamb news per zagsblog

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Doron Lamb is coming off an official visit to Oklahoma this weekend and has several other visits planned.

The Queens, N.Y. native and Oak Hill (Va.) Academy guard will visit Kansas the weekend of Oct. 16 and a visit for Arizona is tentatively set for the weekend of Oct. 23.

“Then we’ll just have to wait and see what happens after that,” said his father, Calvin Lamb, who took the Oklahoma trip with his son.

St. John’s, UConn and Kentucky are also in the mix.

“He still wants to see Kentucky. You only get five [visits] so we’ll have to see,” Calvin said.

He added: “I don’t think he has a favorite right now.”

As for the Oklahoma visit, Calvin said all went well. Harrison Barnes, the No. 2 prospect in the Class of 2010, was also on the visit.

“It went well. It was nice. It was good,” Calvin said. “He didn’t [play with the team]. His coach [Oak Hill coach Steve Smith] didn’t want him to go out there and get hurt. He relaxed and watched them. It was smart.”

Still, anything can happen going forward.

He was impressed with Oklahoma but things change. You see other campuses, you meet other players, the coaches. I wouldn’t say he has a favorite right now unitl he sees a couple more schools.”

ARIZONA GETS VISITORS

A number of elite recruits will visit Arizona for the Blue/Red Game Oct. 31: Quinn Cook, Alex Murphy, Angel Nunez and Arizona-bound guard Sidiki Johnson of St. Benedict’s Prep.

Ray McCallum will take an official visit that weekend.

Adreian Payne comes to campus Oct. 16-18 for an official and Gary Franklin Jr. is tentative for that weekend.

Terrence Jones is tentative for Oct. 23-25, as is Doron Lamb.

www.zagsblog.com Sounds like Doron likes OU, but dad wants him to stay open.

Last edited:
I still think we get Doron Lamb when all is said and done, but it is a smart choice to make certain you've explored all options before you commit to any school. It shows forethought, which is always good.

I really bet Capel really hammered home the fact that he would be a day one starter. I see both him and Cam starting from day one potentially.

I kind of get the feeling his Dad wants him to see the rest of them as well. I really feel like we are the favorite, definitely most favorable situation, and his dad just doesn't want to be forward about it? I like our chances...

I kind of get the feeling his Dad wants him to see the rest of them as well. I really feel like we are the favorite, definitely most favorable situation, and his dad just doesn't want to be forward about it? I like our chances...

KU fans feel like they are the favorite too. A part of me wonders if his dad kept him from committing.

KU fans feel like they are the favorite too. A part of me wonders if his dad kept him from committing.

This. I still think he commitws, but I think his dad likes the attention from the more "elite" programs like KU and UK. Looks like it comes down to OU and KU. Hopefully Doron gets the last say, not dad b/c that's the way I'm afraid it might end up.

I don't see why you guys are throwing his dad under the bus. He didn't say anything negative. Why would Lamb commit on his first visit? That rarely happens. Again, I think OU is a strong contender and if I had to pick today would say OU is where he goes but to say his dad kept him from committing is silly.

I didn't see the posts about dad, maybe they were deleted, but if they were there that isn't very smart. PUBLIC FORUM.

I don't see why you guys are throwing his dad under the bus. He didn't say anything negative. Why would Lamb commit on his first visit? That rarely happens. Again, I think OU is a strong contender and if I had to pick today would say OU is where he goes but to say his dad kept him from committing is silly.

I never read anything on here about people throwing his dad under the bus. People are just speculating that his dad wants him to see all the schools he is considering before committing somewhere. There's nothing evil in saying that.

nobody threw his dad under the bus Cheno

To be fair to Cheno, I had the same impression when I read through the posts. I went back and read them and realized that it wasn't the case, but sometimes things can get communicated unintentionally. Don't break Cheno's balls about it...

That said, I think it is unadulterated speculation to suggest that Lamb was ready to commit and that his dad told him to wait. I think those of you who have suggested that are simply inferring it because he is the one giving the quotes.

Regardless, its no big deal...we weren't expecting a commit this weekend so its no sweat. Now we just wait and see.

I never read anything on here about people throwing his dad under the bus. People are just speculating that his dad wants him to see all the schools he is considering before committing somewhere. There's nothing evil in saying that.

Hopefully Doron gets the last say, not dad b/c that's the way I'm afraid it might end up.

?

There's an article, I'll try to find the link, on a UK site where his dad goes on and on about how impressed he is with the traditions at places like UK and KU. The thing that gave me pause about it was he talked about how he wished he had the opportunity to play for such prestigious schools. With other things I've read it just seems he'd like that situation more than what OU has to offer in that area. Not a slam on dad, he seems like a good guy, just an observation.

No motive behind this statement I'm sure.

To be fair to Cheno, I had the same impression when I read through the posts. I went back and read them and realized that it wasn't the case, but sometimes things can get communicated unintentionally. Don't break Cheno's balls about it...
That said, I think it is unadulterated speculation to suggest that Lamb was ready to commit and that his dad told him to wait. I think those of you who have suggested that are simply inferring it because he is the one giving the quotes.
Regardless, its no big deal...we weren't expecting a commit this weekend so its no sweat. Now we just wait and see.

Yes, thanks. It was the back to back posts of questioning that Doron wanted to commit but dad wouldn't let him and then that dad gets the last say on where he's going that left me scratching my head.
The kid just took his first visit. Don't act shocked he didn't commit the next day. It rarely happens.
I've said all along I think he ends up at OU.

Yes, thanks. It was the back to back posts of questioning that Doron wanted to commit but dad wouldn't let him and then that dad gets the last say on where he's going that left me scratching my head.
The kid just took his first visit. Don't act shocked he didn't commit the next day. It rarely happens.
I've said all along I think he ends up at OU.

Re-read my post. I said nothing about him being told not to commit by his dad. All I said was that his dad seems to like the spotlight (I'm certainly not the first to say that) that UK and KU provide that OU just can't yet. I just hope he didn't sway Doron based on that. Not to mention I still think he will commit to OU.

Re-read my post. I said nothing about him being told not to commit by his dad. All I said was that his dad seems to like the spotlight (I'm certainly not the first to say that) that UK and KU provide that OU just can't yet. I just hope he didn't sway Doron based on that. Not to mention I still think he will commit to OU.

I realize that. It was the post before yours questioning if his dad didn't allow him to commit. And then your post came along and said you thought his dad might have the final say. I just don't think those posts portray his dad in a positive light. His dad just wants what's best for his son. His dad hasn't seemed to be a spotlight monger to me.
Everything is fine. Like I said the kid just had his first visit and hasn't even been home from it a couple of days and people are speculating why he hasn't committed. Give it time to play out. I'm with you though, I think and hope he ends up at OU.

No big deal. I really didn't mean to imply that I thought he'd make the decision for Doron. I don't think that'll happen, but his comments just made me worry a bit.

On a different note, this movement towards athletic players is really exciting. Can't wait to see all these athletes running up and down the court.

I realize that. It was the post before yours questioning if his dad didn't allow him to commit. And then your post came along and said you thought his dad might have the final say. I just don't think those posts portray his dad in a positive light. His dad just wants what's best for his son. His dad hasn't seemed to be a spotlight monger to me.
Everything is fine. Like I said the kid just had his first visit and hasn't even been home from it a couple of days and people are speculating why he hasn't committed. Give it time to play out. I'm with you though, I think and hope he ends up at OU.

Yeah, my post was totally speculation. That's why I put "I wonder". Message boards are for speculation in my opinion. I don't think it is out of the realm for the kid to be sold on OU and the dad to add perspective to the situation. Quite frankly, if I were a prospect dad that is what I would do. OU actually got a recruit from a situation where a mom told her son to slow his heals and look at other schools.

Back