Duke finished ahead of us in the AP rankings

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
they finished 6th, we finished 7th. Laughable.

Wow that is laughable, not that it matters at the end of the season. Still getting beaten pretty handily by the eventual champs in the round of 8 seems like a better team that one that got completely dismanteled and laughed at in the round of 16 by an eventual Final Four team.

I bet the difference maker was Dickie V voting Duke number 2 and OU 19th.

The AP doesn't do a poll after the Big Dance. Its final top-25 is released after the conference tournaments. Since Duke won the ACC Tourney and OU lost in the Big 12 quarterfinals, it's not really a stretch that the Devils finished higher than the Sooners in the AP poll.

The AP doesn't do a poll after the Big Dance. Its final top-25 is released after the conference tournaments. Since Duke won the ACC Tourney and OU lost in the Big 12 quarterfinals, it's not really a stretch that the Devils finished higher than the Sooners in the AP poll.

No it can't make sense, it has to be because ESPN hates OU lol.

I didn't know this. I can understand that reasoning.

That sucks. I wish you wouldn't have told me that! :eek:

Back