Former OU Players - Starting Lineup

thebigabd

Reaction score
You just can't overcome that in one season...... The guys who transferred out of here probably form to make a pretty good team on their own.

PG: Devion Harmon (6'2'' 198 - Oregon)
--Averaging 11 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game for Oregon

SG: Alondes Williams (6'5'' 210 - Wake Forest)
--Averaging 20 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists per game for Wake Forest

SG: Trey Phipps (6'2'' 180 - Oral Roberts)
--Averaging 9 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 1.3 assists per game for ORU. Shooting 43% from the 3pt line on 107 attempts.

PF: Brady Manek (6'9'' 230 - North Carolina)
--Averaging 14 points and 6 rebounds per game for UNC

PF: Kur Kuath (6'10'' 215 - Marquette)
--Averaging 5.5 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 blocks per game for Marquette

Wait! All you experts we glad they were moving on because we were reloading with better talent. Don’t believe me go read the old post. Lmao.

Pass. We saw them play together. I was unimpressed.

Me too. I pass as well. Also I wouldn’t wish Moser’s wearing his smedium shirts around anybody.

Agree, alondes would be a help but coachtalk said he has off court issues if I remember correctly

I bet you the man Alondes is assigned to is averaging 25 a night.
I'd take Harmon back in a heartbeat.

Alondes is the only one that I kind of miss.

I think Manek is the one I would like back. He wasn't great....but he could rebound, shoot the three and wasn't a turnover machine.

:OU-logo:

I would love to have manek and Alondis on this team. I think we would’ve beat TCU twice and probably texas, as well as a few more wins early on. We’d probably be 19-8 instead of 14-13.

I would love to have manek and Alondis on this team. I think we would’ve beat TCU twice and probably texas, as well as a few more wins early on. We’d probably be 19-8 instead of 14-13.

Sounds reasonable

If I am not mistaken Manek 8-0 vs TCU

Smedium 0-2

You just can't overcome that in one season...... The guys who transferred out of here probably form to make a pretty good team on their own.

PG: Devion Harmon (6'2'' 198 - Oregon)
--Averaging 11 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game for Oregon

SG: Alondes Williams (6'5'' 210 - Wake Forest)
--Averaging 20 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists per game for Wake Forest

SG: Trey Phipps (6'2'' 180 - Oral Roberts)
--Averaging 9 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 1.3 assists per game for ORU. Shooting 43% from the 3pt line on 107 attempts.

PF: Brady Manek (6'9'' 230 - North Carolina)
--Averaging 14 points and 6 rebounds per game for UNC

PF: Kur Kuath (6'10'' 215 - Marquette)
--Averaging 5.5 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 blocks per game for Marquette

A bit unfair to hold anyone culpable in todays climate of revolving door basketball. However I agree more talent left than was retained. This is the reason we have lost 4 hall of fame basketball coaches in the last year. Old school coaches aren’t going to re-recruit the current players on their roster.

Agree, alondes would be a help but coachtalk said he has off court issues if I remember correctly

Smoking weed….. he’s probably the only weed smoker in college basketball. Another transfer on that list had more off the court issues. I’d love to have that other player and Alondes on this roster…. Porter’s greatest challenge will be getting OUr best player to not transfer, Jalen Hill.

Give me a break with the Williams love. He wasn't very good at OU. No way to know what he'd be doing here if he stayed. Sometimes the only way for a kid to "do something different" is to move on to a new place. But I'm not going to assume he'd be putting up points like that at OU. I mean, it's also not like he is super efficient this year either. He's just getting a TON of shots. 32% from three (about the same as Harkless). Nearly 4 turnovers per game (about twice as many per game as anybody from OU currently).

But yeah, let's just look at the points per game average and assume he's Steph Curry now.

Give me a break with the Williams love. He wasn't very good at OU. No way to know what he'd be doing here if he stayed. Sometimes the only way for a kid to "do something different" is to move on to a new place. But I'm not going to assume he'd be putting up points like that at OU. I mean, it's also not like he is super efficient this year either. He's just getting a TON of shots. 32% from three (about the same as Harkless). Nearly 4 turnovers per game (about twice as many per game as anybody from OU currently).

But yeah, let's just look at the points per game average and assume he's Steph Curry now.

I agree. He went to a place where lightening struck. I didn’t think he would be a huge loss. He’s just better than what he was replaced with.

I mean Williams wasn't great here because it was his first year of big boy basketball and he wasn't getting the minutes. He showed promise for sure and easily would have been one of our better players this season. Can't teach athleticism.. We lack size and athletes. Turned out being a huge loss in my opinion. Harmon for Goldwire ehh close.. Manek is a bigger loss and would be my option 2 to have back.

I mean Williams wasn't great here because it was his first year of big boy basketball and he wasn't getting the minutes. He showed promise for sure and easily would have been one of our better players this season. Can't teach athleticism.. We lack size and athletes. Turned out being a huge loss in my opinion. Harmon for Goldwire ehh close.. Manek is a bigger loss and would be my option 2 to have back.

He played two seasons at OU.

His second season at OU, he shot 17% from three. He wasn't getting minutes because he wasn't a very good player.

Back