Game Thread OU @ #2 Baylor 8pm CST ESPN2

well, not a 10 pt difference...played good at times bu played better. Couple of times we got stuck in the dribble around until 4 sec left then throw it up.

Hopefully a better showing Sat against ku.

We won the second half. I know it doesn’t mean much but I like that we still put in the effort and never quit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, I don't think this team will lay down...Manek has a tendency to take himself out (definitely last yr but better this year)

yeah, I don't think this team will lay down...Manek has a tendency to take himself out (definitely last yr but better this year)

Maybe not as bad, but he’s still doing it. He had zero points on 0-4 shooting and 1 rebound at the half. He finally hit four shots late when the game was practically over and finished with 12 points and 3 rebounds.

Every shooter has games when they can’t hit shots sometimes. But, there is no excuse for poor defense. When Brady is not making shots and the player he’s guarding is scoring almost at will, he’s a liability. To say he is not a good defender is an understatement. Even more troubling to me, I think he has the potential to defend a lot better if he improved his footwork and didn’t take plays off.

There, I said it! Pile on if you want.

Maybe not as bad, but he’s still doing it. He had zero points on 0-4 shooting and 1 rebound at the half. He finally hit four shots late when the game was practically over and finished with 12 points and 3 rebounds.

Every shooter has games when they can’t hit shots sometimes. But, there is no excuse for poor defense. When Brady is not making shots and the player he’s guarding is scoring almost at will, he’s a liability. To say he is not a good defender is an understatement. Even more troubling to me, I think he has the potential to defend a lot better if he improved his footwork and didn’t take plays off.

And possibly a concussion. that was a bad fall and the back of his head hit the floor hard

And possibly a concussion. that was a bad fall and the back of his head hit the floor hard

Good point. That happened so early in the game I forgot about it.

If Brady was playing with an injury, I will feel awful for criticizing him. But he tends to take himself out of games when he’s not making shots so often, it’s a pattern some of us have come to expect. I stand by my comments about his defense.

If he had a concussion then it was irresponsible for the medical staff to allow him back on the floor.

Opposing defenses from the start of the game dictate whether Brady will be making shots or not. Either they will let him camp out on the perimeter uncovered or they will attempt to defend him and when they do his offensive game dwindles to one handed shots taken from relatively close to the basket and put backs. Conference defense tends to be more restrictive than non-con games thus we should expect more of the same.

By the way, we have lost 6 games in a row to Baylor.

I don’t see that changing anytime soon. The days of two automatic wins against the Bears may be over.

Truth is, there are no automatic wins in the Big 12 anymore. Even winning at home this season is tougher.

Opposing defenses from the start of the game dictate whether Brady will be making shots or not. Either they will let him camp out on the perimeter uncovered or they will attempt to defend him and when they do his offensive game dwindles to one handed shots taken from relatively close to the basket and put backs. Conference defense tends to be more restrictive than non-con games thus we should expect more of the same.

Agreed. Our conference foes know one of Brady’s greatest strengths is that he’s capable of making shots (sometimes tough shots) from behind the arc. They also know what happens if they make him miss those shots.

Baylor is good real good this year, not sure I would put them at the same level as Kansas just yet. Yeah for they look better this year but let's see if they can maintain it year after year....Not saying it would make me unhappy if kansas were to fall behind Baylor. Is the fan support at Baylor that much better than out OU? The difference in talent level is very easy to see...at least last night

Baylor is good real good this year, not sure I would put them at the same level as Kansas just yet. Yeah for they look better this year but let's see if they can maintain it year after year....Not saying it would make me unhappy if kansas were to fall behind Baylor. Is the fan support at Baylor that much better than out OU? The difference in talent level is very easy to see...at least last night

The integrity of Baylor will make sure I never pull for them on any level. I know KU has no moral compass as well, but they are on completely different levels.

Way better depth than Kansas had last year. Maybe not the top end ability, but they'll be more consistent.

Baylor has been getting steadily better. There was a time when Drew could recruit good talent but he was a terrible in-game coach. He seems to have
figured things out. There was a time Baylor was a sure win. Now it wouldn't surprise me if Drew's streak against us continues several more games.

Back