Harrison Barnes sets official visit to Oklahoma

Henzo

Reaction score
Oklahoma head coach Jeff Capel has outdone himself year after year since taking over as the head man for the Sooners in 2006. His first class brought in one McDonald’s All-American in Blake Griffin. His second brought in another in Willie Warren and his most recent welcomed two more with Tommy Mason-Griffin and Tiny Gallon. The 2009 class would be hard to top, but Capel is hard at work in an attempt to do so. The Sooners are in on some of the most talented players from coast to coast in 2010, but none may be as talented as Ames, Iowa forward Harrison Barnes.

Link: Five-star forward sets official visit to Oklahoma

Last edited:
Henzo once again great job, just awesome work.
:clap

Wow Henzo, you really knocked that one out of the park. Two main things stand out in the article: First, the kid is impressive. Very well spoken, intelligent and he has a great handle on what he is doing. Second, wow...its gonna be a lot tougher to deal with it if he doesn't wind up a Sooner after reading the positive things he had to say. Very encouraging stuff.

Really, it can't be said enough Henzo...you do a great job...

He just doesn't stop! Keep up the fantastic work, Henzo! We love you!

What an impressive young man! Thanks, Zo. I really enjoyed the read.

Here is his visit schedule per Rivals: Barnes will visit Oklahoma on October 3, UCLA on October 10, Kansas on October 17, Duke (previously scheduled) on October 24 and an unofficial visit with hometown Iowa State November 7.

Last edited:
Wow Henzo, you really knocked that one out of the park. Two main things stand out in the article: First, the kid is impressive. Very well spoken, intelligent and he has a great handle on what he is doing. Second, wow...its gonna be a lot tougher to deal with it if he doesn't wind up a Sooner after reading the positive things he had to say. Very encouraging stuff.

Really, it can't be said enough Henzo...you do a great job...

Yeah, after reading this.... It will be difficult for me to take, if he were to not become a Sooner. He sounds like a great kid! Capel sure knows how to pick 'em! Keep up the great work Capel!

Also, I like our chances with him, since he wants to commit by the early signing period!

:woot:chestram2::OUbball-logo:

It doesnt get any better than this kid. He's top notch. And boy he sure is impressed with Coach Capel and the job he's done. It's nice to hear a recruit say those kind of things about him and the program and how far it's come.

I believe that I had read in other updates on him that he actually played chess with Coach K. He definitely is a very intelligent kid and one that I would like to see ISU land if OU doesn't get him. He could be ISU's Blake and help bring that program back to where it was for a while with Fizer and Tinsley.

Wish he were coming on OU / Baylor game day, but this will give him more time with Coach and the team.

Coach Capel + Henzo = Superstars! :clap

Another great interview and an amazing job by Coach Capel to get the #1 ranked player in the country on campus this weekend. Even better, it sounds like OU has a legitimate shot at signing this kid. Work your magic, Coach!!!

Gotta suck if you are ISU, knowing you are probably going to lose a kid like that from your own town. Geez.

I'm sure Capel will point out to him how good OU has been this last quarter century. Oklahoma is not exactly a "turn-around" proposition. But this recriting show has got me light headed and I need to step back a bit before you guys get me too far off the ground.

I'm sure Capel will point out to him how good OU has been this last quarter century. Oklahoma is not exactly a "turn-around" proposition. But this recriting show has got me light headed and I need to step back a bit before you guys get me too far off the ground.

haha You're right, this is not a "turn around" so much as it is probably a "over the hump" situation... We have yet to make it over that one "hill" or "threshold" and I'm sure Capel is going to use that as a sales pitch.

"So Harrison, if you come to OU, you could be in great position to bring this magnificent program, their first National Championship. How does that sound?" Or something to the like. Or he might not use that at all.... who knows?

Last edited:
Wow, Barnes and Clark on the wings with TMG at the point would be amazing. It would easily be the best backcourt in the country.

Back