How about Mike Anderson? Was just Big East coach of the year

Maybe reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit, NCAA final 4 at Loyola and Sweet 16 in last 4 years, Arkansas and Missouri under Anderson never came close to those results, Arkansas and Missouri would to some appear to have more resources.

Last edited:
I'd probably tell you to look in the mirror, b/c that isn't what I said.

Just like you did w/ my original point about ability to win at schools w/ more resources, to further illustrate the SEC’s average team basketball budget is $10.5 million while the Mo.Valley’s budget is $2.9 million....yet Moser has had more success than Anderson in the NCAA tournament, while in most people’s eyes Anderson has been at better programs w/ more resources

Last edited:
Just like you did w/ my original point about resources, to further illustrate the SEC’s average team basketball budget is $10.5 million while the Mo.Valley’s budget is $2.9 million....yet Moser has had more success than Anderson in the NCAA tournament, while in most people’s eyes Anderson has been at better programs w/ more resources

I'm comparing what Moser did at Loyola against LIKE COMPETITION, to what Anderson did at Mizzou/Ark against LIKE COMPETITION.

Recruiting budgets and all that jazz don't matter as much when comparing to your peers.

As for the NCAA Tournament success, if you want to read a bunch into that, you are more than welcome. We all know anything can happen in that tournament. You don't see coaches knocking down walls to sign the ORU coach do you? Tony Bennett is no more a bad coach for losing as a #1 to a #16 than Moser is a good coach for beating a #1, or making a FF.

I'm a big Mike Anderson fan. I was always hesitant because I felt like his eyes were always on Fayetteville. I would've been thrilled if he'd been the one to replace Kelvin.

Just like you did w/ my original point about resources, to further illustrate the SEC’s average team basketball budget is $10.5 million while the Mo.Valley’s budget is $2.9 million....yet Moser has had more success than Anderson in the NCAA tournament, while in most people’s eyes Anderson has been at better programs w/ more resources

Ok.... so you want to value Moser because of 2 seasons in a 17 year career? Those being the only 2 seasons he's been in the NCAA Tournament by the way.

We don't care about his conference seasons in the Missouri Valley where he was:

4-14
4-14
6-12
1-17
5-11
4-14
7-11

We don't care that 30% of his total seasons was a losing season? (Anderson has 0% of his seasons being a losing season)

We don't care that he's finished last place in the Missouri Valley 4 times?

I don't like this.... AT ALL. Red flags are all over the place.

Mike Anderson, who is 61, has compiled an average conference finish in Power 5 play of 6th place. His teams have finished 2nd once, 3rd twice, 4th twice, 5th three times, 6th once, 7th once, 8th twice, 9th twice and 10th once (with some ties thrown in).

He won Big East Coach of the Year by finishing tied for 4th place at 10-9. I have no idea why that was sufficient for him to win that award, but similar results would have--and have had--posters here calling for Lon Kruger's job.

Anderson has avoided a losing overall record, but his teams have finished at .500 twice overall. And in Power 5 conference play, which many on this board have insisted is what really counts, they have finished .500 twice and below .500 five times -- this is over the span of 15 seasons, so nearly half the time in Power 5 conference play, he's finished at .500 or below.

Condolences, abd. Look on the bright side. Anderson got his dream job at Arkansas who had an identical NCAA Tournament record as OU going into this season. He coached 8 years at that dream job and won only TWO NCAA Tournament games - the same number Lon Kruger won the past two times. All those other things aside, two big wins in 8 years at his dream job was the reason he had no chance at the OU job.

I was a Mike Anderson fan about 15 years ago. He did some good things at UAB and I thought he was going to win at Missouri. Unfortunately for him, he didn’t win anything at Missouri and then won nothing at Arkansas. He’s done nothing in the last 15 years for anyone to believe he would be successful at OU.

I don’t understand why anyone would suggest he would win here any more than capel or Kruger have done in the last 15 years. What a waste of time talking about Mike Anderson.

Ok.... so you want to value Moser because of 2 seasons in a 17 year career? Those being the only 2 seasons he's been in the NCAA Tournament by the way.

We don't care about his conference seasons in the Missouri Valley where he was:

4-14
4-14
6-12
1-17
5-11
4-14
7-11

We don't care that 30% of his total seasons was a losing season? (Anderson has 0% of his seasons being a losing season)

We don't care that he's finished last place in the Missouri Valley 4 times?

I don't like this.... AT ALL. Red flags are all over the place.

I need to screenshot this post for the future

big, you see where TU signed that Tulsa kid out of my alma mater?

He is pretty good. I think he might need a couple of years to fully adjust to college (get a little bigger), but he can score it. Glad he is getting to stay close to home. Good story if you have read about his life. Anthony Pritchard.

big, you see where TU signed that Tulsa kid out of my alma mater?

He is pretty good. I think he might need a couple of years to fully adjust to college (get a little bigger), but he can score it. Glad he is getting to stay close to home. Good story if you have read about his life. Anthony Pritchard.

Yep... Looks like he has a ton of potential. Crazy life story as well.

I didn't know you went to Webster.

TU putting together a great class....

They got Jeriah Horne back from Colorado... He averaged 11/6 for the Buffs last year...

They got Sam Griffin from UT-Arlington.. 13 ppg on 40% 3pt shooting.

They also have a 4-5 man high school class...

Pritchard looks good...
Teafale Lenard looks really good...
Sterling Chapman out of Wichita looks good..
Tim Dalger out of Independence CC looks really solid..

It's a legit class... and they are still gonna sign some more.

Back