How many do the Sooners need to win to make the dance?

GParker

Reaction score
Lots of good discussion about this recently so let's see what the board thinks....

No less than 10. And depending on who our wins come against (for example if we lose to Kansas and Texas twice) even that may leave us on the bubble. At 9-7 I think our only chance is to advance to the tourney final and then hope for a minor miracle.

10 with one of those coming vs K State or Texas, plus at least one win at the big 12 tournament. Going take a great finish from the boys to pull this off though.

Without winning in KC, I think that Oklahoma needs to at least go 9-7 in conference.

If they go 9-7:

- I think they need to win at least 2 in KC.

If they go 10-6:

- I think they need to win a game in KC

If they go 11-5 or better then I think they are in regardless of KC results.

22. That would make them 22-11.

That would be a slam dunk IMO....

They are 11-7 with 12 games left. 2-2 in conference.

Finish 8-4 in the last 12 gets them to 19-11 and 10-6 in the conference (probably 4-5th place). Win one in the Big 12 tourney and they sit at 20-12 and squarely on the bubble. Get two in the Big 12 tourney and they are 21-12 and probably in the NCAA tourney.

The RPI strength of the conference is definitely going to help them.

Man, losing that one last night really hurts.

That would be a slam dunk IMO....

They are 11-7 with 12 games left. 2-2 in conference.

Finish 8-4 in the last 12 gets them to 19-11 and 10-6 in the conference (probably 4-5th place). Win one in the Big 12 tourney and they sit at 20-12 and squarely on the bubble. Get two in the Big 12 tourney and they are 21-12 and probably in the NCAA tourney.

The RPI strength of the conference is definitely going to help them.

Man, losing that one last night really hurts.

I agree. I think we need to go 10-6 with one of those wins being KState or Texas. In the Big 12 tourney, I think we need to win a game.

20-12 with the strength of the Big 12 carrying the Sooners into a double digit NCAA tourney seed.

My issue is the number of "big wins" that are left on the schedule... OU has Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas, Texas, and Texas A&M left on the schedule to get "big" wins.

They need to beat Kansas State, Texas once, Texas A&M, and Baylor to get in the dance. Quality wins are a big deal for the NCAA Tournament and right now OU doesnt have many quality wins (if any)... Missouri was the best win of the year, but it probably doesn't impress many outside of Big 12 country.

Then they have to take care of business in Lubbock, Lincoln, and Boulder.

Bottom line, they have to beat K-State, Texas, A&M, Baylor, Nebraska/Colorado, Iowa State, Texas Tech to get in. That would give OU 9 conference wins and some big wins.

Back