I apologize to Trae Young

last year's class wasn't great because it was small. We didn't have the ships to hand out

2017 and 2016 were both top 25 classes

But I wasn't literally meaning we have had a top 15 class the last 3 or 4 years. I meant the sentiment that next year will be better! look at the players coming in and the upperclassman leadership! He just have to struggle through this year but next year will be exciting!

I get it. No one is happy with this team. Too many flaws.

I think we trend up really quick next year. Time will tell.

I get it. No one is happy with this team. Too many flaws.

I think we trend up really quick next year. Time will tell.

I agree with you. I really like the class we’ve got coming in. Reaves and Kauth will be nice pieces too.

Anybody referring to this as a top 15 class is twisting the facts.

Yes, technically it is, but it's also VERY misleading. VERY. On a per recruit average rating basis, the class was in the 40's last time I looked. But yeah. 15th.

Yes, technically it is, but it's also VERY misleading. VERY. On a per recruit average rating basis, the class was in the 40's last time I looked. But yeah. 15th.

So, what you mean here is if a school signed 2 prospects, the #1 prospect and the #200 prospect, their "per recruit rank" would be 100?

Make sure you email 24/7 and rivals and tell them you know better.

3 4 stars (Harmon should be a 5) 1 of 12 on Team USA
1 3 star 315th

2 juco

Last edited:
I guess it just depends on perspective. Would you rather have three or four very good recruits or one or two great ones? Given how many guys we graduate, I think we clearly need quantity and quality. And regardless of which you prefer, the ratings don't factor in Reaves. I'd venture a guess that he'll be a better player next season than all but a very small number of kids coming in as freshman around the country.

3 top 150 players
1 315th

So if you don’t rank the others, our avg would be 4 star...
but it’s a big class and 24/7 has
Williams a 2 star 14th best juco in America
Merritt 10th best juco in America

Last edited:
But it’s your story. You tell it your way.

3 top 150 kids aren’t brought down by 315th and 2 JUCO

It doesn’t work the way you tell the story.

Oh, you like top 150 kids huh? Cool. Here are the top 150 kids on last year's roster:

Lattin - 130
Odomes - 133
Doolittle - 121
McGusty - 41
Manek - 117
Young - 23

So. Yeah.

Basically the entire roster that contributed was top 150, plus James and McNeace.

Oh, you like top 150 kids huh? Cool. Here are the top 150 kids on last year's roster:

Lattin - 130
Odomes - 133
Doolittle - 121
McGusty - 41
Manek - 117
Young - 23

So. Yeah.

Basically the entire roster that contributed was top 150, plus James and McNeace.

Which one of those you not like?

Flaws sure. But have to keep getting talent.

Which one of those you not like?

Flaws sure. But have to keep getting talent.

lol, I think they are all a little underwhelming to be honest.

I'm just pointing out that once you get outside the top 50, probably even lower, coaching, culture, and system probably have as much to do with it as the players. IMO.

I'm just pointing out that once you get outside the top 50, probably even lower, coaching, culture, and system probably have as much to do with it as the players. IMO.

So if top 50 is your cutoff, would you be willing to acknowledge that Lon deserves some credit for developing Hield and Cosins? Or would you just dismiss those as guys who became great players on their own, despite Lon's incompetence and soft coaching? And that isn't intended as a smarta$$ question, just couldn't think of a better way to phrase it.

Give me 3 Doolittle’s over your top 50 cut line of Mcgusty.

Give me 3 Doolittle’s over your top 50 cut line of Mcgusty.

McGusty as a true freshman was a better player than Doolittle was this past season as a junior. Doolittle is position-less on a good D1 team. At best he should be an energy guy off the bench.

Bad mouth McGusty's attitude all you want, but if I were him, I too would have been pissed at how the Young-experiment was handled last year. We'll see what the kid does in Miami.

McGusty as a true freshman was a better player than Doolittle was this past season as a junior. Doolittle is position-less on a good D1 team. At best he should be an energy guy off the bench.

Bad mouth McGusty's attitude all you want, but if I were him, I too would have been pissed at how the Young-experiment was handled last year. We'll see what the kid does in Miami.

Hard to understand how the same person who doesn't think Trae Young was a good overall player can seriously think Kam as a freshman was better than Doo this year. Kam scored a couple points more but otherwise there is nothing he did better than what Doo is doing this year. If offense was the only consideration, Doo would have a slight edge, but when you consider that Doo is a great defender and Kam was ... uh, not especially interested on that end of the floor, it doesn't even seem close. Add in the fact that Doo is our most consistent player and primary leader, it's hard to see where you are coming from on this one.

Not even close to true

Ha. You can’t honestly believe some of the stuff you type.

I wish mcgusty well. He’s a year older and wiser hopefully.

Back