I wanna offer the first congrats right now

coolm

Reaction score
Win or Lose these kids really showed heart and hustle today...and they DEFINITELY deserve the tag of team. That was a nice effort and a hard fought game which many figured they couldn't win.

I was thinking the same thing in the final minutes of the game, Coolm. I wanted the win (of course), but would have considered this effort a big step forward for the team even if we'd lost a tough one.

Really proud of Willie for bouncing back as a leader and tmg for leaving a putrid first Half in the past and leading the team like a point guard in the second.

I thought for the longest time that our guard play was going to get us beat.....but the team battled through with some tough d and some good breaks down the stretch.

Just goes to show what hard work will do.....

I really don't understand. Our guards played terrible defense at the end of the game. We had a player benched for effort. Players are still looking around not paying much attention, yet we showed heart and hustle. I guess it's really all about whether you win or lose. Seriously (and I have never been down on the team anyway), I'll suspect if you compare tape today with one a week ago, there would be no difference.

What you see is an adaptation to the level of play, not increased effort

I guess we saw two different games.

There's still lots of room for improvement, no doubt, but if you think the effort's not been ratcheted up, if you think the team's not playing smarter (with some undeniable lapses here and there) and with more energy, you've got me stumped as to what game you watched.

Oh, and yes, it is about whether you win or lose. Ugly wins (and this win wasn't all that homely, not compared to Monday's) are better than pretty losses any time.

I really don't understand. Our guards played terrible defense at the end of the game. We had a player benched for effort. Players are still looking around not paying much attention, yet we showed heart and hustle. I guess it's really all about whether you win or lose. Seriously (and I have never been down on the team anyway), I'll suspect if you compare tape today with one a week ago, there would be no difference.

C'mon...we were playing 5 against 10. The effort was there, but the guys were EXHAUSTED at the end of the game. That's a big difference from not competing, which is what we've seen planty of prior to Monday night.

Seriously?

The effort was carry over from the os-who game. Young teams grow up before your eyes sometimes. Out of nowhere, the lights just pop on....

Excellent effort the last 2 games. I hope that it continues.:clap:clap

Guys, my argument is that EFFORT has been there all year. The effort is just perceived to be better because we won. Seriously, you think the players haven't been trying all year or understand that it is important.

The post is a preemptive argument for the next time we lose and people say there was no effort or WW was a bum.

The EFFORT has NOT been there all year, especially on defense. We have won games and still there has been complaints about effort on the board so saying just because we won its perceived to be better simply isn't true.

Wins are always better than losses. But, if OU had lost this game I would have started my "I have never been more proud of a team!" thread anyway. This was a gut-check performance by a team that had left nothing on the floor when the game was over. I'm surprised you could not see the difference.

quick is 100% right. the effort has NOT been there all year. literally thousands of others have made the same observation and coach has a ton of quotes about it.

after the OSUx game coach commented that for the first time this season many of the kids actually left something on the floor. this is the type of effort we need game-in and game-out. now we are starting to see it.

Back