If not Coach Kruger

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Rank which Big 12 coach you would want in Norman from most to least.

Mine

Massa Self
Tubby Smith
Bob Huggins
Fred Hoiberg
------ I would be happy with those above
Rick Barnes
Scott Drew
------ meh on the above
Bruce Weber
Trent Johnson
Travis Ford
------ barf on the above

You?

As a disclaimer the only one I would trade for Kruger is Bill Self.

Self
Hoiberg
Drew

In that order. Nobody else would interest me.

Hopefully Henson takes over from Kruger and coaches for the next 15 years.

Self or Hoiberg. Like the Steve Henson taking over talk too when Lon hangs it up.

Hoiberg. Self is really good but I don't want an OSU alumni coaching OU

Rank which Big 12 coach you would want in Norman from most to least.

Mine

Massa Self
Tubby Smith
Bob Huggins
Fred Hoiberg
------ I would be happy with those above
Rick Barnes
Scott Drew
------ meh on the above
Bruce Weber
Trent Johnson
Travis Ford
------ barf on the above

You?

As a disclaimer the only one I would trade for Kruger is Bill Self.

I actually think Drew has done a lot more this year with less talent; fairly good coaching job this year for Baylor.

My top two would be Hoiberg then Self. I enjoy ISU style of play. Their offense moves the ball and attacks the rim for all angles. I wish OU didn't depend so much on dribbling & one-on-one play.

My least favorite coach would be Ford & Weber ... something about those two just irritates me when I watch them on the sideline. That's not really a basketball reason, but I would cringe to see them on OU's bench

If you choose anyone other than Self... Its only out of Hate for KU or OSU. Clearly the best coach.

It has to be Self. It is likely that even he, at this stage of his career, is embarrassed about being an aggie.

Honestly, I would pick:
1. Fred Hoiberg
2. Bill Self

I wouldn't want any of the other coaches.

TOP TIER:
Self
Hoiberg
NEXT TIER:
Huggins
Tubbs
BARF:
Drew
Ford
Barnes
Johnson
DOUBLE BARF:
Weber

Drew always gets trashed but he has actually done a good job at Baylor. He had nothing when he took that job. Bliss had gotten the team on probation and virtually all of the players transferred. Honestly, I don't think you should count his first four seasons.

If you ignore them, he has four NCAA appearances, one Sweet Sixteen and Two Elite Eights. He missed the NCAA three times during this stretch but was the NIT Runner up and NIT winner in two of those seasons.

He would not be my choice for an OU coach but I think he deserves more credit than Ford, Weber, Johnson and Barnes.

Drew... He did top my barf list... ahead of Ford, Barnes, Johnson and Weber.

Drew always gets trashed but he has actually done a good job at Baylor. He had nothing when he took that job. Bliss had gotten the team on probation and virtually all of the players transferred. Honestly, I don't think you should count his first four seasons.

If you ignore them, he has four NCAA appearances, one Sweet Sixteen and Two Elite Eights. He missed the NCAA three times during this stretch but was the NIT Runner up and NIT winner in two of those seasons.

He would not be my choice for an OU coach but I think he deserves more credit than Ford, Weber, Johnson and Barnes.

Not to mention he took the worst program in the Big 12 and did all that.

It was more than just the historically worst program. It was the historically worst program that was put on major probation and lost virtually all of its best players. Honestly, in my opinion it is one of the better coaching jobs in college basketball. Given the situation, he should have failed but he didn't.

It was more than just the historically worst program. It was the historically worst program that was put on major probation and lost virtually all of its best players. Honestly, in my opinion it is one of the better coaching jobs in college basketball. Given the situation, he should have failed but he didn't.

I agree completely. 4-5 years ago, I liked to joke that despite his recruiting successes, it didn't take much of an effort to out-coach him come game time. However, he's developed into a competent bench coach. As long as he's at Baylor, we may as well get used to the Bears being in the top half of the conference standings just about every year. I would take him at OU after Bill Self and "The Mayor."

I'd take any except Ford, Webber or Huggy.Those three would test my mettle to be an OU fan. such jerks

Back