If OSU was smart, they would hire a veteran like Bob Hoffman

I said they might reach out. I have no idea if Stevens is enjoying the nba gig. Is he winning...of course. He's a great coach. Same thing with Donovan. Donovan was hired by the magic and 24 hours later he quit and went back to college. So you never know where their heads are at. I never said they would take the job. Reaching out to former college coaches can't hurt for any program. Whether osu ou tcu so on. They say no, you move on.

I'd give Big old Boogers right arm to get Brad Stevens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Under what circumstances does Brad Stevens leave a top 4 seed in the NBA--a team that's loaded with assets going forward--and walk away from the last three years of his contract with the Celtics to go coach at Oklahoma State?

I'm trying to think of a comparable situation. When's the last time an NBA coach willfully left a playoff team--or even a non-playoff team--to go coach in college?

Brad Stevens...from Indianapolis to Boston to Stoolwater? I can't stop laughing!

:ez-roll::ez-roll::ez-roll:

In no particular order these are the rumored candidates. I would think that this time around Holder will go with someone with regional ties.

Buzz Williams (Va Tech) - regional ties
Jamie Dixon (PITT) - regional ties
Gregg Marshall (WSU) - regional ties
Brad Underwood (SFA) - regional ties
Chris Beard (UALR) - regional ties
Thad Matta (Ohio St) - no ties at all
Rick Standsbury (Texas A&M Assistant) - regional ties
Archie Miller (Dayton) - No ties at all.
Jared Haase (UAB) - regional ties
Ben Jacobson (UNI) - No ties at all

Archie is who i would throw everything at if i were OSU. I think he is a future star coach.. that being said, go and get another Ford and ink him to a 10 year contract extension stat!!

I like Chris Beard. Mike Holder likes Brad Underwood

These seem like good possibilities. Success at small programs and would have solid ties to the region probably.

Back