Incoming OSU recruits

So now he's 5'8"?

He's liable to be 5'7" by the time the season starts...

He is listed at 5'9'' 150, I bet he is closer to 5'8''... But hey, if you feel better about a 5'9'' shooting guard, more power to you.

Gulley is a 2 time Arkansas POY. He's the best defender of the three. He was also the only one that Ford called a true point.

Obi won't be at the point. We've tried that experiment before.

During a time when there weren't the normal star-studded classes in Arkansas. Somebody could be the two time Oklahoma POY for 2010 and 2011 and that would be a lot different than someone being the POY during the 2008 and 2009 period when guys like Orton, Boyd, Henry, and Hardrick were around.

So now he's 5'8"?

He's liable to be 5'7" by the time the season starts...

Cmon, guy. don't be that naive. He probably is 5'7. I know for a fact page is 5'8 at best. Their biggest liability isn't their height, but the fact they can't run the point or defend anyone 6'3 or taller. Donald Sloan salivated when he saw Page on him. The biggest difference between Page and the new smurf is Page is fairly strong for his size and Page is a smart kid that uses defensive shortcuts. This new kid will get grownmanned all the way to the hole.

As for Obi, I never said they will run him at the point but I do see them having him outfront at the top of the key in iso situations. He has done that off and on throughout his career at OSU. Matter of fact, alot of his three point makes come from the top of the key and his midrange shots usually come from free throw line extended.

The problem with Penn is that he is a 5'8'' 150 shooting guard... He had a big Vegas tournament that boosted his ranking, but his team was losing by about 40 points a game.

And WHY is he considered a shooting guard?

Obviously Page can play at a d-1 level

I'm not convinced this is so "obvious". He played spot time (although important minutes) last year. Towards the end of the year, the bigger guards just abused him when he was trying to guard them. I think he can be a role player in this league and maybe a little more.

I'm not convinced this is so "obvious". He played spot time (although important minutes) last year. Towards the end of the year, the bigger guards just abused him when he was trying to guard them. I think he can be a role player in this league and maybe a little more.

If by "spot time" you mean starting the last 3rd of the season where we beat teams like Texas, OU and Tennessee then you'd be correct I guess. He averaged 26 minutes per game.

If by "spot time" you mean starting the last 3rd of the season where we beat teams like Texas, OU and Tennessee then you'd be correct I guess. He averaged 26 minutes per game.

That's exactly what I meant. I didn't know exactly the minutes he was getting, but let's not act like he was a huge contributor to some great success. He was on an average team that played hard at the end of the year. Next you'll tell me he might declare for the NBA next year.

BTW, go back and look at those games you mention. His stats were a little better than a dead man. I'd say they won those games IN SPITE of him, not because of him.

Dig you need to be accurate when describe Keiton's role. Keiton actually played more, but was less productive scoring wise down the stretch. The main reason Keiton played was to limit Obi's minutes so they could get more shots for Anderson and free up driving lanes for Eaton. KP basically sat out on the wings offensively and ran less point guard down the stretch.

Now saying this doesn't mean that I think he isn't D1 caliber. I do think he has huge holes in his game. Holes that you can't just fill with shooting and a high basketball IQ. I do think he will be their best option and first opportunity out of the gates at PG.

Dig you need to be accurate when describe Keiton's role. Keiton actually played more, but was less productive scoring wise down the stretch. The main reason Keiton played was to limit Obi's minutes so they could get more shots for Anderson and free up driving lanes for Eaton. KP basically sat out on the wings offensively and ran less point guard down the stretch.

Now saying this doesn't mean that I think he isn't D1 caliber. I do think he has huge holes in his game. Holes that you can't just fill with shooting and a high basketball IQ. I do think he will be their best option and first opportunity out of the gates at PG.

I feel somewhat like you do. My only point earlier was I was not TOO sure it was OBVIOUS that he was a D-1 talent. That's all. I should've known some aggie would come on here and take what I said out of context.

I never said he was a major talent either. But people didn't expect his average to be near double figures. His job is to handle the ball a little bit and hit 3's. He came up big in some games ie. the OU game at the Ford Center, and had some bad games ie. the Missouri game the next night.

In the OU game. He played 36 minutes. The most by any of our players. He had 15 points 1 assist, 1 turnover, 1 steal and 2 rebounds.

In the UT game. 29 minutes, 10 points, 2 rebound, 1 TO, 1 steal

Tenn game he was quiet 6 Points, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 0 TO

Not bad for the #4 option on the team. Certainly better than a "dead man"

I never said he was a major talent either. But people didn't expect his average to be near double figures. His job is to handle the ball a little bit and hit 3's. He came up big in some games ie. the OU game at the Ford Center, and had some bad games ie. the Missouri game the next night.

In the OU game. He played 36 minutes. The most by any of our players. He had 15 points 1 assist, 1 turnover, 1 steal and 2 rebounds.

In the UT game. 29 minutes, 10 points, 2 rebound, 1 TO, 1 steal

Tenn game he was quiet 6 Points, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 0 TO

Not bad for the #4 option on the team. Certainly better than a "dead man"

How many wide open looks did he get last year? He would literally just camp out in the corner and wait for Eaton to set him up. Being the #4 option as you say meant that teams didn't put a good defender on him and left him to double Eaton. Most of those things won't be the same next year. I look for his numbers to go down....

how many wide open looks did he get last year? He would literally just camp out in the corner and wait for eaton to set him up. Being the #4 option as you say meant that teams didn't put a good defender on him and left him to double eaton. Most of those things won't be the same next year. I look for his numbers to go down....

ding! Ding! Ding!

I could see his numbers dropping a bit. But I also don't think he'll be more than the 3rd option at any given time. Anderson 1, Moses 2, Obi and Page will be after that depending on who is in the game.

Ford has already said that he does not see Page as a PG.

Back