Post-Draft Big 12 Rankings

thebigabd

Reaction score
Now that recruiting is over, we have a good idea on who is eligible, and the draft is done with, how do you rank the Big 12 for the 2009-2010 season? This list is drastically different from other ones I have made, but a lot has happened!

A&M lost their best player, Iowa State got the best player in the conference to return and Staiger is coming back, Damion James is coming back, Baylor is looking good with Dennis and Sekelja signed in the late period, Tech will be a tough game, and Oklahoma State lost their best recruit and a guy who would have started from day one.

1.) Kansas
2.) Texas
3.) Kansas State
4.) Oklahoma
5.) Baylor
6.) Iowa State
7.) Missouri
8.) Colorado
9.) Texas A&M
10.) Texas Tech
11.) Oklahoma State
12.) Nebraska

OSU is gonna have to prove they can find a point guard, find rebounding, find play making, and find defense from a bunch of freshman... None of the teams I put above them are going to rely so heavily on 5 or 6 freshman (Dowell, Gulley, Franklin, Walker, Penn, average freshman at that)....

power rankings or "where will they finish" rankings?

if power, i put carls jr. oklahoma sooners hoops university over the cats.

Yeah. I'm sorry but OSU being 11th best in conference isn't going to happen. They bring back Anderson, Moses, Muonelo and Page. Not many teams are bringing back 3-4 starters from an NCAA team and be worse than Colorado.

OSU at 11 brought a smile to my heart....I wish I could put them there too.

1. KU
2. Texas
3. OU (KSU comes to our house)
4. KSU
5. OSU
6. A&M
7. ISU
8. Baylor
9. Mizzou
10. Tech
11. Colorado
12. Nebraska (sorry doc)

6,7 and 8 are all really hard to seperate imo

OSU at 11 brought a smile to my heart....I wish I could put them there too.

1. KU
2. Texas
3. OU (KSU comes to our house)
4. KSU
5. OSU
6. A&M
7. ISU
8. Baylor
9. Mizzou
10. Tech
11. Colorado
12. Nebraska (sorry doc)

6,7 and 8 are all really hard to seperate imo

5th!!!!!! OSU 5th!!!!!!!

They are relying on 5 average freshman recruits to win... They dont have a single guy on their team that can create a shot for themselves or for someone else. They have no size, at all. They are literally the smallest team in the entire conference... YOU HAVE THEM 5th!!!!!!

Yeah. I'm sorry but OSU being 11th best in conference isn't going to happen. They bring back Anderson, Moses, Muonelo and Page. Not many teams are bringing back 3-4 starters

How many teams start a true freshman PG, a couple of role bench role players (Obi and Page), and have one player in the post, and he is 6'5'' or 6'6''.. How many teams with that kind of situation finish 5th in the most loaded Big 12 conference this decade?

Baylor is looking good with Dennis and Sekelja signed in the late period,

is the euro guy cleared? i seem to recall the last few nu and isu euros going into the fall before eligibility was determined.

is the euro guy cleared? i seem to recall the last few nu and isu euros going into the fall before eligibility was determined.

Yes- he will be in Waco in August. He did well on his SAT and he's fine with the clearinghouse.

He had committed to play in the U18 World Championships for Croatia and that tournament gets wrapped up in early August.

On his visit to Baylor in June, he measured 6'10" so like most guys listed at 7'0" there is some inflation there.

5th!!!!!! OSU 5th!!!!!!!

They are relying on 5 average freshman recruits to win... They dont have a single guy on their team that can create a shot for themselves or for someone else. They have no size, at all. They are literally the smallest team in the entire conference... YOU HAVE THEM 5th!!!!!!

How many teams start a true freshman PG, a couple of role bench role players (Obi and Page), and have one player in the post, and he is 6'5'' or 6'6''.. How many teams with that kind of situation finish 5th in the most loaded Big 12 conference this decade?
Can't believe I am going to do this but I guess I will "stand up" for the Pokes by pointing out that Ketion and Obi both started at various times last year so I wouldn't consider them bench role players. Although I suspect Keiton will not be as effective without Eaton creating wide open threes for them and Obi will remain an up and down player who has his moments. They're gonna miss Eaton and Harris and be hampered by their overall youth but as much as I would love to write them off as cellar dwellers I think they will be in the 6-8 range and still be a competitive team.

1. Kansas
2. Texas
3. Oklahoma (win over K-state in LNC will be the tie breaker)
4. Kansas St
5. Texas A&M
6. Iowa St
7. Oklahoma St
8. Baylor
9. Mizzou
10. Tech
11. Colorado
12. Nebraska

1. KU
2. UT

3-6. OU, OSU, KSU, A&M

7. MU
8. BU
9. ISU
10. Neb
11. Tech
12. CU

1.) Kansas
2.) Texas
3.) OU
4.) KSU
5.) A&M
6.) OSU
7.) Iowa St
8.) Mizzou
9.) Baylor
10.) Tech
11.) CU
12.) Nebraska

I hope OSU finishes 11th, but that would probably take a major inury to James Anderson. Their only problem is size and they made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney last year with that same problem.

My rankings basically didnt change. If Damian James had left I would have dropped Texas down a bit, and losing Elonu hurt A&M, but other than that I don't think there any any major changes.

1. Kansas 15-1
2. Texas 12-4
3. Kansas State 12-4
4. OU 9-7
5. OSU 8-8
6. Iowa State 8-8
7. Baylor 8-8
8. Texas A&M 7-9
9. Missouri 6-10
10 Colorado 4-12
11 Texas Tech 4-12
12. Nebraska 3-13

I hope OSU finishes 11th, but that would probably take a major inury to James Anderson. Their only problem is size and they made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA tourney last year with that same problem.

My rankings basically didnt change. If Damian James had left I would have dropped Texas down a bit, and losing Elonu hurt A&M, but other than that I don't think there any any major changes.

1. Kansas 15-1
2. Texas 12-4
3. Kansas State 12-4
4. OU 9-7
5. OSU 8-8
6. Iowa State 8-8
7. Baylor 8-8
8. Texas A&M 7-9
9. Missouri 6-10
10 Colorado 4-12
11 Texas Tech 4-12
12. Nebraska 3-13

I see it the way you do. I think this is going to be darn close to how it plays out. I probably put K St at 10-6 along with OU. And Baylor at 9-7 along with Iowa St. I have no argument with the rest.

I see it the way you do. I think this is going to be darn close to how it plays out. I probably put K St at 10-6 along with OU. And Baylor at 9-7 along with Iowa St. I have no argument with the rest.

Baylor over A&M in the south seems like a stretch to me. The aggies return a lot of experience and have a much better home court advantage over Baylor. I like the toughness of their bigs down low. I also like how their guards play perimeter defense. I also think that Turgeon is the better coach (which isn't saying a whole lot).

Baylor over A&M in the south seems like a stretch to me. The aggies return a lot of experience and have a much better home court advantage over Baylor. I like the toughness of their bigs down low. I also like how their guards play perimeter defense. I also think that Turgeon is the better coach (which isn't saying a whole lot).

you never miss an opportunity to take a swipe at Drew :) At least you are consistent...

consistency.jpg

you never miss an opportunity to take a swipe at Drew :) At least you are consistent...

consistency.jpg

I do think that Baylor has the potential to be a better team than A&M, and has the higher ceiling to do damage in the tournament, but the smart bet is on A&M with their experience (4 straight tournaments) and their commitment to defense. I hope that makes sense. In other words, A&M is the safer bet of the two, but Baylor has the chance to really be pretty doggone good.

I really do see that tough, never-say-die Maryland fan in you. And I applaud your efforts in trying to promote Drew and the bears across cyberspace. I'm just trying to bring you back to reality! haha

Big year for Homer's kid. Tell him to not to screw it up.

Pilgrim to OSU may change some people's minds (cough abd cough).

I still like them at number 5 but I feel more comfortable having them over a&M, Baylor and ISU.

Pilgrim to OSU may change some people's minds (cough abd cough).

I still like them at number 5 but I feel more comfortable having them over a&M, Baylor and ISU.

Pilgrim changes things, without a doubt.

Back