Interesting regarding Willie

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
The TV guys said that Willie didn't play due to an illness that kept him from practicing yesterday. The OU radio guy just said that Willie didn't play due to a "Coach's decision".

Either way, I hope it gets Willie going. And it is going to need to start with his effort on defense and his body language when things aren't going his way.

The TV guys said that Willie didn't play due to an illness that kept him from practicing yesterday. The OU radio guy just said that Willie didn't play due to a "Coach's decision".

Either way, I hope it gets Willie going. And it is going to need to start with his effort on defense and his body language when things aren't going his way.

Can't you get paid these days for sulking and acting like a two year old?

I don't wish Willie any ill effects physically, but I pray the radio guy was wrong about the coach's decision. We don't need our best player setting a bad example for this young team.

They could both be right. He could have been sick, thus, the coaches decision was for him not to play.

I don't wish Willie any ill effects physically, but I pray the radio guy was wrong about the coach's decision. We don't need our best player setting a bad example for this young team.

If it WAS a coach's decision, and if Willie WAS setting a bad example for the young guys, then Capel set a good example by benching possibly the best guard in college basketball..........message:

"Noone is bigger than the program"

But none of us really know what was going on.

I really haven't liked the body language that Willie has been giving off, but like you said NC. Let's at least give WW the benefit of the doubt. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

In the post game radio interview with Capel they asked him, and even Capel said it was "Coach's decision".

"A Coach's decision" could mean many things, such as a coach's decision to not play him because he was sick. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

"A Coach's decision" could mean many things, such as a coach's decision to not play him because he was sick. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I listened to Capel's interview after the game. His answer was short, curt and it was clear he did not want to talk about it. It did not sound like it was due to WW's health.

He said it was coach's decision. The media followed with "Willie said he was sick." Capel said, "Is that what he said? ... ok."

And he chewed a wad of gum.

This was in the press conf. Just caught that part on Cox 3 in tulsa.

Sounds like WW is in doghouse and JC is perhaps disciplining him. Maybe this will get us going.

He said it was coach's decision. The media followed with "Willie said he was sick." Capel said, "Is that what he said? ... ok."

And he chewed a wad of gum.

This was in the press conf. Just caught that part on Cox 3 in tulsa.

Sounds like WW is in doghouse and JC is perhaps disciplining him. Maybe this will get us going.

This is what I caught as well.

WW needs to grow up, fast. He's showing a few of the negative traits people were saying about him in high school.

I dont know Ada he already seemingly is setting a terrible example for everyone. I think this was a great thing by Capel benching him to show that nobody is bigger then the program and you show up and play his way or you dont play.

Hmmmm. Tiny in the second half of game 1 of the tourney, and Willie for the entire 3rd game. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall. Somehow I think JC showed some people who is in charge of this team. Now they can begin working,. although I don't expect to see major strides until after finals when they can work some focused time on defensive improvements.

We have a buhch of talented freshmen but they need so learn some fundamentals. I think they will be OK by the time conference play begins after the first of the year.

How did he look on the bench? I mean, was he into the game cheering on his teammates?

Props to Capel for doing this. If this doesn't get ironed out soon, it could bring the entire team down, and be a setback, albeit a small one, for the program. Get your head right Willie.

Back