Intro video

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Any lurkers seen it? I hope it will be on the same level as last year's revamped product.

I really, really wish they would bring in some of OU's tradition into the videos and bring back some of the legends like they do for football.

Gonna disagree with you there... Football has ridiculous storied tradition with it, and they build it up as a historical past time with a video that gives you goosebumps. I don't like it but I understand it.

OU basketball, while having some history, isn't exactly the same level, and do what they should = a pure pump up video. Loud music, great highlights, just makes the crowd excited which is what we need right before a game.

Gonna disagree with you there... Football has ridiculous storied tradition with it, and they build it up as a historical past time with a video that gives you goosebumps. I don't like it but I understand it.

OU basketball, while having some history, isn't exactly the same level, and do what they should = a pure pump up video. Loud music, great highlights, just makes the crowd excited which is what we need right before a game.

You don't think having Hollis Price doing his fist pump, Eduarado Najera coming back into the game after crashing into Cleaves from Mich State, or showing something celebrating the life of Wayman Tisdale would get the crowd fired up?

It doesn't have to be an all or nothing deal. Just mix in a few with the loud music, great highlights, and special effects.

They could show Taj Grays dunk vs. OSU.... Lavenders play vs. KSU... Wayman Tisale stuff... Hollis Price stuff... Najera stuff... etc and the crowd would love it.

TU does that in their intro video with Paul Pressey, Michael Ruffin, Shea Seals, Dante Swanson, etc.. They show old stuff of Nolan Richardson, Bill Self, etc and it always gets me fired up.

I think it would be a great addition to the intro video.

You don't think having Hollis Price doing his fist pump, Eduarado Najera coming back into the game after crashing into Cleaves from Mich State, or showing something celebrating the life of Wayman Tisdale would get the crowd fired up?

It doesn't have to be an all or nothing deal. Just mix in a few with the loud music, great highlights, and special effects.

We have a winner

Well you could also show Ryan Minor, Mookie, S. King and of course Blake Griffin.

Well you could also show Ryan Minor, Mookie, S. King and of course Blake Griffin.

Oh yeah. There are a lot of great players/moments to show. I was just giving a few examples.

I would love to see: Abercrombie's corner three against Kansas, Billy Tubbs "warning" the fans about the officiating, Crock's four point play against Baylor, Corey Brewer's bloody elbow, Bookout's dunk in the 2006 OSU game....the list goes on and on...

Could they please show Hansborough's falied dunk over Blake and the looks on both their faces after? Granted not an OU highlight per se, but I still think it was a great moment! :bgriff624_jpg_xs:

Here is last year's video that I shot before one of the games. They could speed up the scrolling of the players at the beginning, and then if they change some of the player highlights from the current guys to past great moments in Sooner history I think that would be cool.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu9eNkjtYg0[/ame]

Here's the one before the OSU game where they added the flames coming out of the goal posts...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKY3-CAHzE4&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
Someone is really suggesting we don't have the history to show it off in a pre-game intro video? Seriously?

I assume whoever said OU bbal doesn't have a great tradition is either younger newish fan (or maybe just a football fan) or a troll. Not only do I think seeing WT, Mookie, Stacy King, Eduardo, Hollis, Webster, etc... highlights, I also think there are some really memorable recent moments to throw in too. Godbold had a few buzzer beaters, obviously throw in something for Blake and Taylor (like the ally-oop they both go up for), Nate Carter and Michael Neal had some nice plays and games from Capel's first season (those guys deserve some recognition), etc... So not only do I think that it would be exciting to see some highlights from old sooner greats, but I think mixing in highlights from recent season would be cool too.

Guys I know the poster so I will step in and defend him. I am fairly certain he was thinking that I meant that the focus of the video should be on the past (like a Kansas basketball video) instead of focusing on pumping up the crowd with good music and highlights of the current team. I could see how my post could be interpreted that way.

dahl is a big time Sooner fan and he supports the hoops team. I know that the appreciates and enjoys our basketball tradition.

carry on.

In fairness, I just reread his post and he says he doesn't seem to like it much when football does it either. So he probably wouldn't like it with basketball. Sorry for jumping on you dahl, though I do still disagree with you.

Guys I know the poster so I will step in and defend him. I am fairly certain he was thinking that I meant that the focus of the video should be on the past (like a Kansas basketball video) instead of focusing on pumping up the crowd with good music and highlights of the current team. I could see how my post could be interpreted that way.

dahl is a big time Sooner fan and he supports the hoops team. I know that the appreciates and enjoys our basketball tradition.

carry on.

Guess im not understanding...because bringing back the tradition and showing clips of Sooners of the past DOES get me pumped...especially in plays like you were suggesting...

It is all in how it is directed...you can still put those types of things in with all the hoopla that some fans need to get pumped...

Guess im not understanding...because bringing back the tradition and showing clips of Sooners of the past DOES get me pumped...especially in plays like you were suggesting...

It is all in how it is directed...you can still put those types of things in with all the hoopla that some fans need to get pumped...

Yeah, showing clips from past great moments is the best part of those videos. Roy's jump over Texas, Sims running, Joe Washington, Switzer celebrating in the locker room, Heupel being hoisted on the players shoulders after beating Florida State. Basketball doesn't have the national championship type clips, but we certainly aren't void of great moments (as mentioned above). It's good to remember your history.

A couple other clips are Blake jumping over the scorers table, Blake's backboard dunk against Syracuse and windmill against Colorado, and the 88 team doing the cabbage patch on the bench was pretty big back in the day.

They need to put :bigtime into the video. I say down with the horsepig and replace it with BT.

Back