Is Brady Manek the steadiest player in recent memory?

I didn't think he played well against Oregon State. Didn't shoot well, got beat on the boards a lot. However, he does look stronger this year but still easy to move around.

He struggled. I expect him to rebound next week with the 2 home games!

He struggled. I expect him to rebound next week with the 2 home games!

7 Footer from Oregon St came into the game avg 16.5 pts a game and 7.5 rebs

Brady guarded him 95% of the game. The kid scored 5 points on 2-6 shooting and had 1 rebound.

I agree Brady's shots didn't fall after his quick start but to say he struggled or got beat on the boards is crazy.

Brady guarded him 95% of the game. The kid scored 5 points on 2-6 shooting and had 1 rebound.

I agree Brady's shots didn't fall after his quick start but to say he struggled or got beat on the boards is crazy.

It's not always the guy's man who gets the stats fault. Sometimes a guy has to help on someone else and his guys ends up scoring or getting a rebound.

Better days ahead!

He's the John Gianelli of college basketball (OSU lad).

Last edited:
Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie... if you believe it.

Tell me if I am too hard on him. I know he is just a kid. He seems to me to have times where his mental part of the game sends him to a far away place. You can hear him cursing after plays when he seems upset with himself. Being upset with himself is not what bothers me. The other night he was upset with something, can't remember exactly what. He placed his hands on his hips during ball out and his man takes off for a short lob dunk. To lose your man happens to everyone. The reason is what bothers me.

I love his game and what he can bring to the table. There are not many players like him. He just seems to have some issues mentally to me. Boomer!!!

Since December:

16 points, 8 rebounds against Mizzou
14 points, 6 rebounds against Wichita State
16 points, 8 rebounds against North Texas
13 points, 10 rebounds against UCF
17 points, 7 rebounds against Creighton
29 points, 7 rebounds against UTRGV
9 points, 9 rebounds against KSU
8 points, 2 rebounds against UT
17 points, 4 rebounds against ISU
10 points, 7 rebounds against KU
31 points, 9 rebounds against TCU

16.3 points, 7 rebounds per game over his last 11 games.

The guy is a machine. He gives you right in this range a shocking percentage of the time.

Brady with 21 and 10 in Waco tonight... Bare minimum, second team all Big 12 and still has a senior year to play

Really good player.

Still the antithesis of “steady”, however.

When he’s hot, watch out!

OU has a problem....they just don't have any stars. OU's ceiling as a program is a bubble team or 5th/6th in conference if they don't have any elite players. Yes, Manek and Doo are good players, but they are far from stars. Yet, after a couple of good games, we are so eager to label one of the current players to be "great", that we delude ourselves in to thinking this guy or that guy is eventually going to be elite. I'm guilty of it as much as anyone. Until we recruit and develop better, this is who we are as a program.

He's a head case, who is mentally weak. When he is on the floor, you may as well be playing 4 on 5 defensively. He has terrible body language, and folds at the slightest sign of adversity. Sure he can get hot shooting once every 5-6 games, but those are few and far between. I Can honestly say, I am ready for his Senior Day. I have seen enough of him to know, he will have no leadership capabilities next year, and just be filling a roster spot.

He's a head case, who is mentally weak. When he is on the floor, you may as well be playing 4 on 5 defensively. He has terrible body language, and folds at the slightest sign of adversity. Sure he can get hot shooting once every 5-6 games, but those are few and far between. I Can honestly say, I am ready for his Senior Day. I have seen enough of him to know, he will have no leadership capabilities next year, and just be filling a roster spot.

his D is why OU almost won yesterday and he is not mentally weak but you might be

You feel better?

Scorching hot take to be happy when Brady leaves.

Back