Is Brady Manek the steadiest player in recent memory?

his D is why OU almost won yesterday and he is not mentally weak but you might be

Key word: ALMOST

Also, someone who isn't mentally weak doesn't constantly sulk and complain when things don't go their way. (which is a regular occurrence for him)

Not about feeling better, it's about stating the obvious. Take off your crimson colored glasses, and you'll see it.

As much as people here dislike Brady’s body language and his streakiness etc etc I’m pretty confident no one is excited for him to leave the program like you are. He might end up top 10 in points ever at OU, he’s def gonna be top 15. You want that gone? I get being frustrated but that’s such a bad take. It’s really really bad.

Let that rattle around for a while and see where ya stand.

As much as people here dislike Brady’s body language and his streakiness etc etc I’m pretty confident no one is excited for him to leave the program like you are. He might end up top 10 in points ever at OU, he’s def gonna be top 15. You want that gone? I get being frustrated but that’s such a bad take. It’s really really bad.

Some things are not about stats. I'm not involving myself in any part of the discussion other than the 1st statement.

Give me someone who has an off night offensively every now and then, but doesn't sulk and mope which affects the rest of their game and teammates on the floor. Sure he's scored points, but factor in the amount of points he's allowed by sulking and taking plays off for long stretches. I've made my stance, and you made your stance, we obviously don't agree or feel the same way. But good conversation none the less.

Give me someone who has an off night offensively every now and then, but doesn't sulk and mope which affects the rest of their game and teammates on the floor. Sure he's scored points, but factor in the amount of points he's allowed by sulking and taking plays off for long stretches. I've made my stance, and you made your stance, we obviously don't agree or feel the same way. But good conversation none the less.

your stance is not based in reality

All I need.

Scoring points doesn't equate to good basketball when you take plays off for long stretches and let your team down. When you spend your time complaining instead of getting back defensively. Or if you do get back you half ass it or pick up a cheap foul. But again we aren't going to agree. Manek is your MVP

Scoring points doesn't equate to good basketball when you take plays off for long stretches and let your team down. When you spend your time complaining instead of getting back defensively. Or if you do get back you half ass it or pick up a cheap foul. But again we aren't going to agree. Manek is your MVP

Let’s dissect your main point

“Scoring points doesn’t equate to good basketball...”

You don’t need to go on. That’s the whole reason you play is to score so you can win. Pretty absurd premise you have here.

“...we aren’t gonna agree” you are correct. Which is why I said from the beginning it’s such a bad take. You are being emotional about this topic. I’m following statistical logic.

“Manek is your MVP” You are assuming here. Hes really not. I’d say Doo is Manek is 2. A month ago maybe they swapped. But I do know if I look at all time
Scorers any person who end up in the top 15 I want on my team. End. Of. Story.

Ps here’s the 10 scoring leaders at OU

Tisdale
Hield
Webster
McCalister
Kennedy
King
Minor
Price
Adams
Najera

You don’t want one these guys on your team?
If he averages 13ish a game next year he will take out Najera and be an all time scorer at OU.

Let’s dissect your main point

“Scoring points doesn’t equate to good basketball...”

You don’t need to go on. That’s the whole reason you play is to score so you can win. Pretty absurd premise you have here.

“...we aren’t gonna agree” you are correct. Which is why I said from the beginning it’s such a bad take. You are being emotional about this topic. I’m following statistical logic.

“Manek is your MVP” You are assuming here. Hes really not. I’d say Doo is Manek is 2. A month ago maybe they swapped. But I do know if I look at all time
Scorers any person who end up in the top 15 I want on my team. End. Of. Story.

Ps here’s the 10 scoring leaders at OU

Tisdale
Hield
Webster
McCalister
Kennedy
King
Minor
Price
Adams
Najera

You don’t want one these guys on your team?
If he averages 13ish a game next year he will take out Najera and be an all time scorer at OU.
I said “scoring doesn’t always equate to good basketball when you take long stretches off”. But dissect it to fit your narrative if ya need too.

I said “scoring doesn’t always equate to good basketball when you take long stretches off”. But dissect it to fit your narrative if ya need too.

Yeah man you’re just wrong. He’s the 2nd best player & a 3 year starter on 3 tournament teams.

Manek FYI also has the highest PER on the team and he did last year as well

Will we see another 2 for 12 from the field and miss a critical free throw on Saturday? The FYI is very over rated. Another question will TCU make him cry on Saturday? If he makes his first couple of threes, all is good. If he misses, put him on the pine.

Biggest game of the year, 8 minutes left, will he score?

Back