Is Reid Gettys the Dumbest Color Guy Ever?

Just another example of why you should despise everything about that pathetic state.

I don't think insulting the home state of most of the football and basketball team is the way to go.

That was a horrible call. The ref who made the call had no view of the play. Crocker was between him and the ball. It was impossible for the ref to see if it was a clean strip or there was contact. Road games in the Big XII are totally rigged.

Watch and see how Baylor gets hosed tonight.

I agree. But the ref should have been able to notice the ball coming loose and being fumbled before Tony actually reached for it. Just horrible.

I don't think insulting the home state of most of the football and basketball team is the way to go.

Texas deserves all the insults one can think of. Their cowboy ignorant confidence, blind loyalty to failure and extreme pride define what holds society back.

Nothing comes out of Texas but hot air. Texas is basically the china/india of the USA. No innovative spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gettys is a toolbelt of the highest order.

The comment about the 75 foot 3 pointer stating aTm should get 3 FT's was by far the dumbest comment I've ever heard on a game broadcast in any sport at any level.

How we get stuck with that moron is beyond me.

The comment about the 75 foot 3 pointer stating aTm should get 3 FT's was by far the dumbest comment I've ever heard on a game broadcast in any sport at any level.

He didn't just saying it booger, he was cheering for it. He even said he "got carried away" with that one.

I've heard worse actually. 2007 at ISU the football team was playing terrible and ISU was trying to make a comeback on us.

They had a 3rd down pass I think fall, but it was hard to tell and replay was going over it. The idiot announcer actually said they should get the call just based on effort. Not if he actually caught or not (he didn't) but because he was trying really hard......?@!

I watched the game at my parents and when my Mom, who does not follow basketball that much says, "This guys is a talking contradiction, and why is he cheering for the other team?" I know its bad!

If it weren't for a delay I would have listened to Bob Barry.

The Big 12 Network itself is a complete joke. There is no excuse (with the amount of money these games generate) for such poor quality and lame commentators. This season the Big 12 is supposed to be THE dominant league in the nation. Yet we continue to see broadcasts barely above a local level, cable channel 7 Norman North vs Edmond Santa Fe girls game.

Still... at least Reid never said the words "rise and fire!"

Back