Is there a guard in college basketball that you would take over Willie?

thebigabd

Reaction score
Is there a guard in college basketball that you would take over Willie this year?

The only guy I can think of as a possibility is John Wall...

Is there a guard in college basketball that you would take over Willie this year?
The only guy I canthink of as a possibility is John Wall...

Why in the world John Wall? He's never played a single game. He's a bit raw. I think people are overrating him a bit. I'd take WW over him any day.

For a complete season, I'd say Sherron Collins at this point. Kalin Lucas going into the season or for a single game as well but I think WW will pass him. I do think Sherron and WW end up the two best guards in the country though. The Big 12 is going to get a lot of great exposure this year. It's absolutely loaded with talent. And freshmen talent which always gets a lot of hype.

Shocking that you would say Collins, Cheno. :)

All kidding aside, I agree with you Collins and Willie are 1 and 1a in my mind. The game in Norman this past year was great and I hope we get a similar show in Lawrence this year.

Why in the world John Wall? He's never played a single game. He's a bit raw. I think people are overrating him a bit. I'd take WW over him any day.

For a complete season, I'd say Sherron Collins at this point. Kalin Lucas going into the season or for a single game as well but I think WW will pass him. I do think Sherron and WW end up the two best guards in the country though. The Big 12 is going to get a lot of great exposure this year. It's absolutely loaded with talent. And freshmen talent which always gets a lot of hype.

Surely Baylor has someone comparable to Kobe Bryant, Tony Parker, Brandon Roy, etc? DFW tells me with a straight face that Ekpe Udoh is comparable to Tim Duncan, so surely they have a guard that is similar to Kobe or Lebron.

Surely Baylor has someone comparable to Kobe Bryant, Tony Parker, Brandon Roy, etc? DFW tells me with a straight face that Ekpe Udoh is comparable to Tim Duncan, so surely they have a guard that is similar to Kobe or Lebron.

:ez-roll:

The next great, stoic, big man.....Ekpe Udoh.

Also have to add, and this is just from my observation, that Kalin Lucas is receiving more preseason publicity than he deserves. He had a great tournament and pretty much willed them to some victories down the stretch, but his overall game is not even close to Collins or Warren.

I wouldn't take anyone over Willie. He will be the best scoring guard in the country imo. I also think he has a lot of potential on defense with his strength and speed.

No. Because not only is Willie a complete player, he can play the PG or SG spot.

I think most years the answer would be yes, but there isn't much of anything in the way of guards coming back this year. Plenty of talented bigs, not so much at the true guard spots.

I'd say Collins is the only guy that comes close, and I'd probably take WW over him at the end of the day.

Shocking that you would say Collins, Cheno. :)
All kidding aside, I agree with you Collins and Willie are 1 and 1a in my mind. The game in Norman this past year was great and I hope we get a similar show in Lawrence this year.

I knew you'd be surprised. All kidding aside, I think Collins experience wins over. WW will be the much better pro and if WW had Collins experience it would be him. Collins just has that will to win that comes with experience.
We witnessed that in Norman last year. Collins has the heart of a champion.
WW most certainly will get there...I just don't know if it's this year to overtake Collins. Again, I think for THIS year I'd take Collins but for the future I'd take WW. And I think that is how we will see most of the preseason teams pan out as well.

Players in the discussion:

Manny Harris
Kemba Walker
Matt Bouldin
James Anderson
Nic Wise

Overall, those all should be close to Willie's level, or even above... Look for a big time breakout from Kemba Walker.

That said, I didn't even rate Willie second on last year's team... I had him 4th, statistically, behind Taylor and AJ. I'm afraid he may be a bit overrated... My projection system actually puts him 5th best in the Big XII... though scoring quite a bit. Last year, his percentages weren't spectacular. I don't know.

Players in the discussion:

Manny Harris
Kemba Walker
Matt Bouldin
James Anderson
Nic Wise

Overall, those all should be close to Willie's level, or even above... Look for a big time breakout from Kemba Walker.

That said, I didn't even rate Willie second on last year's team... I had him 4th, statistically, behind Taylor and AJ. I'm afraid he may be a bit overrated... My projection system actually puts him 5th best in the Big XII... though scoring quite a bit. Last year, his percentages weren't spectacular. I don't know.

Wouldn't take any of those over Willie, but the closest one would be Kemba Walker...he is going to have a breakout year.

Also, would love to have a Matt Bouldin "glue guy" type player...that kid can play.

Not one, I think he'll prove to be a top 3 pick after this year.

Back