Is there a guard in college basketball that you would take over Willie?

Maybe Sherrone Collins. Sherrone is just a winner. One of my favorite players of all time. John Wall should be in the discussion as well since he'll probably be the #1 pick overall barring any injury.

Matt Bouldin? He's a nice player but should not be in this conversation. I love LaceDarius Dunn and yes he will be all big 12 :) But I would have to take Warren over him. But I am really looking forward to that OU vs Baylor game in Waco. I hope Dunn and Warren get to cover each other.

I think you all will be surprised by Dunn's athleticism this year. You'll see. Oh yes, you will see...

Your little funny jokes about Baylor are going to be turning to crying, wailing and gnashing of teeth soon enough! Sic' Em!

DFW is a Baylor version of Cheno. I wouldn't trade guard for WW. I might loan him out to OSU when having a cold shooting night in exchange for the handleless, but prolific scorer James Anderson, but that is about it. I think Anderson is the best college scoring guard. As far as pro potential its WW, Henry, and Wall.

Matt Bouldin? He's a nice player but should not be in this conversation. I love LaceDarius Dunn and yes he will be all big 12 :) But I would have to take Warren over him. But I am really looking forward to that OU vs Baylor game in Waco. I hope Dunn and Warren get to cover each other.

I think you all will be surprised by Dunn's athleticism this year. You'll see. Oh yes, you will see...

Your little funny jokes about Baylor are going to be turning to crying, wailing and gnashing of teeth soon enough! Sic' Em!

*pictures limp wristed bear claw sign* kinda like this:
lame.gif

If true he'll be proving you wrong left and right. :ez-laugh:
See Cole "The Sloth" Aldrich is defense exhibit A.

I guess you haven't seen the latest scouting reports on Aldrich. There's a reason he didn't go pro in a weak draft.

I guess you haven't seen the latest scouting reports on Aldrich. There's a reason he didn't go pro in a weak draft.

:ez-roll: Quite possibly the lamest attempt ever to try and save face. :clap

:ez-roll: Quite possibly the lamest attempt ever to try and save face. :clap

Here's some quotes about him from other lames:

His stock may drop as a result of limited foot speed.

I’ve spent all year calling Aldrich a Young Kevin McHale. As the season has progressed, the comparison has become more and more inaccurate. Aldrich’s low-post game has actually regressed.

I’m not sure what has happened. Aldrich isn’t knocking down turnaround jumpers. I never see the drop-step and finish. I don’t see him using his broad shoulders, high release and soft touch to score points in the paint.

Aldrich is scoring on put-backs, dunks and alley-oops. He’s playing like an unskilled athlete rather than a polished post player.

Cole Aldrich- Similarly to the way he played at the Adidas Nations Camp in Dallas last August, Aldrich again did very little to justify his status as a potential top-5 draft pick. It’s likely that he’s just not the type of player that stands out in these settings, as he seems to look very uncomfortable for the most part outside of Kansas’ system. Aldrich’s skill-level offensively looked very limited in the drills and five on five action, as he has average footwork and touch around the rim and appears pretty mechanical when trying to create his own shot. Defensively his terrific frame and freakish length allows him to be quite a factor when he puts his mind to it, but he often looked tentative and lethargic trying to make his presence felt.

Positives: Very skilled... Soft hands... Good basketball IQ... Good rebounder... Good shot blocker

Negatives: Not explosive... Slow.

--Picture--

I guess you need to call out these lames too! You can do that by emailing Draft Express, NBADraft.net, ESPN, and The KC Star. They obviously don't understand the megafast and explosiveness that is Cole Aldrich. Let me know their response, Chendog.

Last edited:
:ez-roll:
Again, a weak attempt. What does Cole Aldrich's NBA status have to do with his effectiveness as a college player? That was always our discussion. You've fallen into the age old mistake of changing the dynamics of the discussion because you've been proven wrong. You called Aldrich not a good defender as well and then he went out and won Big 12 DPOY. I'm sure you can search the internet for a quote that says he didn't play good defense one game as well. :clap

And in regards to your Draft Express and NBA Draft.net comments:
Draft Express..............Aldrich #4 pick in their mock draft.
NBAdraft.net..............Aldrich #5 pick in their mock draft.

Aldrich will be on the 1st team of most All-American teams this year.
To continue to try and support your statements about Aldrich last year are silly. Please continue though, I enjoy you looking silly.
At least AJ is gone so you don't have be embarrassed again by telling me how he's going to shut down Sherron Collins this year. :)

Cole Aldrich was in the top 10 of all NCAA players last year, at least in Wins Produced. I have him projected as the top college player next year.

That's rather off-topic, though...

Think how good OU would be this fall if Cole was a Sooner!! The guy can play.

King Cole's future in the NBA is this
ostertag1.jpg

That's rather off-topic, though...

Exactly. Take it to the smack board Dirty if you ever want to continue the schooling I'm giving you on Cole Aldrich and Sherron Collins.

Back to this thread....in regards to guards what do you guys think John Wall will do this year? Everything I've heard he's more an athlete than PG. I think he will be very good but out of control at times as well. I don't think he will have the impact Derrick Rose did in year 1. Rose was a true PG. A phenom athlete that knows how to play the point. From what I've heard that's not John Wall.

King Cole's future in the NBA is this
ostertag1.jpg
The only thing Ostertag had was that he was 7-2 or whatever it was. Aldrich isn't really that tall, but he's athletic and he can really play. I'm not sure he'll be a star in the NBA but he's at least better than Ostertag.

:ez-roll:
Again, a weak attempt. What does Cole Aldrich's NBA status have to do with his effectiveness as a college player? That was always our discussion. You've fallen into the age old mistake of changing the dynamics of the discussion because you've been proven wrong. You called Aldrich not a good defender as well and then he went out and won Big 12 DPOY. I'm sure you can search the internet for a quote that says he didn't play good defense one game as well. :clap

And in regards to your Draft Express and NBA Draft.net comments:
Draft Express..............Aldrich #4 pick in their mock draft.
NBAdraft.net..............Aldrich #5 pick in their mock draft.

Aldrich will be on the 1st team of most All-American teams this year.
To continue to try and support your statements about Aldrich last year are silly. Please continue though, I enjoy you looking silly.
At least AJ is gone so you don't have be embarrassed again by telling me how he's going to shut down Sherron Collins this year. :)

I thought the discussion was could he hold Blake. Ah, yes it was, and you mischaracterized my point.......again. This stuff is documented so it should be easy to fact check. Aldrich is talented, has a very high bball IQ, and has great instincts. He's still slow as catsh!&.

Dirty we can discuss what you said on the smack board. In fact, I went to the smack board and found the thread and exactly what I said. All can go see there the mockery you made of yourself. :)
This thread is about Willie Warren and the great guards across the country. Let's keep it about those guys!

Last edited:
Dirty we can discuss what you said on the smack board. In fact, I went to the smack board and found the thread and exactly what I said. All can go see there the mockery you made of yourself. :)
This thread is about Willie Warren and the great guards across the country. Let's keep it about those guys!

Should have thought about that before you brought it up.

I havent seen one name mentioned in this thread yet that I would say is as good or better than Willie.

Back