It's time for Quannas White to come home

I disagree with this logic completely.....

OU needs to decide the future direction of the program. If they think bringing home a guy like Quannas who has played and coached for one of our legends (Sampson) is good for the program, they should bring him in... He's 41. He's older than Kellen Sampson and Mike Boynton. He has a wife and 4 kids. He's not some kid. He's been assisting long enough under Conroy, Stansbury, and Sampson. He doesn't need to go assist for 5 more years.

You either think he is a legitimate and upcoming part of the Sampson coaching tree (which I would be willing to take a stab at), or you don't.

He needs to prove he can run a program. OU is a tier 2 basketball program, not a starter job.

No reason, when we have an opening, to exclude anyone from the coaching search. I don't see any reason to push an unproven candidate unless it be someone extraordinary, memories of the ignorant enthusiasm that got John Blake hired. Do a real top level search and if Quannas is the guy then great!

The fact Boykin is kicking butt at osu....after 2 yrs and sanctions overhead... Kruger is kruger after 10 yrs...should say something

Boynton isn't kicking anybody's butt at OSU. He bought the top player in the country to have one good year, and they'll be back to the trash they've been in short order when Cade goes on to be a lottery pick.

He's 41. He's older than Kellen Sampson and Mike Boynton. He has a wife and 4 kids. He's not some kid. He's been assisting long enough under Conroy, Stansbury, and Sampson. He doesn't need to go assist for 5 more years.

I don't think Boynton or Kellen would be good hires at the moment, either, even if they had 5 kids each. I'm also not sure who Conroy or Stansbury is, and I'd bet Lon is better (and I'm not a Lon blowhard).

You either think he is a legitimate and upcoming part of the Sampson coaching tree (which I would be willing to take a stab at), or you don't.

Either he's the greatest thing known to man or he's trash? I don't understand why it has to be so polarizing. I think Quannas is a reasonable coaching candidate...eventually. But he needs head coaching experience, or at least be an assistant coach here so we both know what we're getting into. This is the kinda hire TU or ORU should make -- not OU. Not only is he not the HC at Houston, but he's not even the top assistant. If he strung together a couple 20 win seasons at Tulane, or established a Houston-to-OU pipeline in recruiting, I'd be his biggest advocate.

No you're not, but you insist on pouring salt in the wound. If that is your lot in life then so be it. Be a proud porer.

I enjoy humor. ABD is relentless. Smart dude but a lot of threads are just to stir $hit. We all know that, that’s why I responded with one of his other coaching candidates.

I enjoy most his threads. Researched knowledgeable well thought out.

But then there are threads like this and frank haith.

Not sure who Boykin is, but Mike Boynton has been at Oklahoma State four years. This will be his first tournament appearance and he has done a very good job this season and has a team that could make a good run. By comparison, Lon inherited a worse situation and by the end of year four, had three tournament appearances and a Sweet 16 under his belt.

ya my bad. appreciate the correction. So, lon has 4 wins in 10 years, boynton has half his in less than half the time. Point stays the same. Regardless of name screw ups. I'd prob be able to argue that guessing the pokes were not in great shape when boynton took over as well..I'll go look or let you.

porter moser is the only option.
God, what a pipe dream that would be.

Have you watched much of Loyola this year? They are REALLY good. I've got a feeling that this year's team will get him to make the leap. Not a flash in the pan anymore. I saw enough of his FF team to know that those dudes were coached REALLY well.

God, what a pipe dream that would be.

Have you watched much of Loyola this year? They are REALLY good. I've got a feeling that this year's team will get him to make the leap. Not a flash in the pan anymore. I saw enough of his FF team to know that those dudes were coached REALLY well.

i like krutwig. feels like i am watching the ghost of bookout sometimes. really looking forward to see if moser can get them to the second weekend. i think he will be a phenomenal recruiter as well.

That would be a great choice, if we could convince him to come. Unfortunately, he’ll probably be hired away before Lon retires.

iowa state will try if they ditch prohm. notre dame is the school that should really consider their options. perfect fit, imo.

That would be a great choice, if we could convince him to come. Unfortunately, he’ll probably be hired away before Lon retires.

Joe C should do his part and force Lon to retire. It’s time to move on. Sure he can coach, has a lot of knowledge. But he clearly can’t recruit, and our results show that. So Joe C should force his hand and then bring in whomever he wants.

Why is quannas above hollis in coaching that game for Houston? I thought hollis was further along?

Hollis isn’t even an assistant coach, technically. Director of player development is his job title. Maybe he isn’t interested in being a head coach down the road, but I’m just guessing.

Rick Pitino just took his 5th team to the ncaa... sure OU is a step up from Iona

Rick Pitino just took his 5th team to the ncaa... sure OU is a step up from Iona
I think I’m pretty secure in thinking that we’re not going to be bringing in another dirty coach, no matter how good his on court record might be. It’s pretty much the reason Lon’s here in the first place.

Joe C should do his part and force Lon to retire. It’s time to move on. Sure he can coach, has a lot of knowledge. But he clearly can’t recruit, and our results show that. So Joe C should force his hand and then bring in whomever he wants.

It's pretty sad when a coach like Lon hangs on a few years too many. I'm sure he's still having a lot of fun coaching. But players and fans sure aren't enjoying watching the decline. Surely he sees next year will be same or worse. Oh well. Another 6-9th place finish next year.

Back