It's Time

SoonerinNC

Reaction score
To stop deciding Stevens won't leave Butler and do what it takes to get him to Norman.

He has proven all he can at Butler. There is not a better time to leave. With buyout it will cost over 4 Million to get Williams. Stevens is a better deal even if the total package is more.

To stop deciding Stevens won't leave Butler and do what it takes to get him to Norman.

He has proven all he can at Butler. There is not a better time to leave. With buyout it will cost over 4 Million to get Williams. Stevens is a better deal even if the total package is more.
I pretty much agree with this.

The people who wanted to fire Capel spoke of building a program. You either pay to get the right guy to build that program, or you admit that you are simply playing games. Either you have the commitment, or you don't. If you don't want to commit to getting Brad Stevens, it means that Jimmy Stevens was satisfactory.

Why cant he just keep winning at Butler? He has a winner, but why leave a winner to try and make another school do what you are already doing?

What its really time for is to be realistic. Brad Stevens to OU is not realistic. He has absolutely no reason to leave Butler for OU. He is in practically the same situation as Mark Few. Sure, its a small school, but they are now big time basketball programs. He has a better chance at a championship with Butler than he does at Oklahoma.

I mean, the fans are just roaming around pointing at coaches who are winning NCAA Tournament games and saying "I WANT HIM!", but those coaches are advancing through the NCAA Tournament with winners they put on the floor. Again, why should they leave?

OU is not an elite job, so if you are already winning its a step down right now. OU is a very good job, but they will either hire someone with connections to this part of the country or who works at a crappier school.

Butler, Florida, Marquette, etc are not crappier schools. These guys have BIG TIME jobs and are playing on the national stage. Sure, OU is used to that, but these guys are ALREADY there.

UCO, North Texas, Wichita State, Missouri State, etc are crappier schools that have good coaches and are in the area. These guys win with lesser talent, they recruit the area, and they could win at OU.

I could be totally wrong, and I think Buzz is a realistic "big time" candidate because of his connections to Oklahoma and this part of the country, but Buzz is about as "big time" as OU is going to get.

He fits the EXCELLENCE half of the equation. What about the values part of the equation? LOL
The people who wanted to fire Capel spoke of building a program. You either pay to get the right guy to build that program, or you admit that you are simply playing games. Either you have the commitment, or you don't. If you don't want to commit to getting Brad Stevens, it means that Jimmy Stevens was satisfactory.
:clap

I would be very surprised if this possibility hasn't been explored. But he signed a long term contract at Butler last year and seems very happy there.

I'm shocked to hear that. Does that mean BD is out of the picture? Get ready for BuzzBo basketball in Norman. The best money can buy.

it means that no one will come and Joe will be stuck hiring TEvans ... and as a result tons of former OU fans will start rooting for OSUx.

For those who think we can't get Stevens or he won't leave because of his situation or loyalty...then why do you think we can get Buzz?

Just because he lived around here once? Geeze, that's more of a reason to leave and never come back than it is anything else.

I really don't think we can get either one, but if we could, I would prefer Stevens.

We might not get anyone to come here,we may have to hire Sid!!which might not be a bad hire!!!Go Sooners!

For those who think we can't get Stevens or he won't leave because of his situation or loyalty...then why do you think we can get Buzz?

Just because he lived around here once? Geeze, that's more of a reason to leave and never come back than it is anything else.

I really don't think we can get either one, but if we could, I would prefer Stevens.

Buzz still recruits this region, that is the main reason I believe OU has a chance at getting him. He seems to be more familiar with the Oklahoma/Texas recruits then the recruiting hotbeds near Milwaukee.

I also think with his familiarity with this region he knows he is more likely to win with his coaching/recruiting style here then in the Big East. He recruits this regions and adds in juco, that is a format more wired for success here in the Big 12 then the Big East.

I really don't see why Steven's would leave a program now on back to back Final 4s to rebuild OU. His next stop will be a Indiana, Duke, Kentucky, KU type job. No reason to risk that by coming out here.

I'm shocked to hear that. Does that mean BD is out of the picture? Get ready for BuzzBo basketball in Norman. The best money can buy.

If Buzz is our next coach, I'm going to play some of your posts back to you when he turns the program around. And you know I won't forget it. :D

Buzz still recruits this region, that is the main reason I believe OU has a chance at getting him. He seems to be more familiar with the Oklahoma/Texas recruits then the recruiting hotbeds near Milwaukee.

I also think with his familiarity with this region he knows he is more likely to win with his coaching/recruiting style here then in the Big East. He recruits this regions and adds in juco, that is a format more wired for success here in the Big 12 then the Big East.

I really don't see why Steven's would leave a program now on back to back Final 4s to rebuild OU. His next stop will be a Indiana, Duke, Kentucky, KU type job. No reason to risk that by coming out here.

Indiana may very well be available after next year as well

box_a_buffer_200.jpg

Wow I'm surprised that Sid is such a jackass. Congrats, clown.

Wow I'm surprised that Sid is such a jackass. Congrats, clown.

I haven't been posting here long and it didn't take me until the end of the first day to figure out he's a jackass.

Back