James Johnson has a top 5

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
OU, Cal, UVA, Zona, and Maryland

Johnson on OU per Rivals:

"I also like Oklahoma. They have a great program under Jeff Capel, and I liked how they used Blake Griffin. I want to play the four, so that's a school that I like.

Unless Zona makes some noise, I just can't see how he would sign anywhere else but OU.

They are in on him pretty hard. I think UVA may actually be the darkhorse in this race.

They are in on him pretty hard. I think UVA may actually be the darkhorse in this race.

Obviously Bennett has ties to Oregon being from Wazzu...but besides the ACC (which is impressive) UVA just doesn't have much to offer.

Sure their arena is new, but UVA will continue to struggle in that conference for a few years...and I am really curious how Bennett's style is going to work in the ACC. Might as well go to Maryland over UVA.

If I am Johnson, OU and Zona are the two I'm looking at most. Have to give the edge to Capel though.

He has plans to visit OSU as well according to his Scout update a few days ago.

well UVA is arguably the best public state school in the country. a degree from there, playing in the ACC, beautiful campus, good coach, new arena; i can imagine that right there are some good prospects!

well UVA is arguably the best public state school in the country. a degree from there, playing in the ACC, beautiful campus, good coach, new arena; i can imagine that right there are some good prospects!

This.

No doubt UVA is a great school and has many positives...but like I said, you could say all those things about Maryland.

I would be really impressed if Johnson is willing to go cross country to try and rebuild a sub par ACC team...shows a lot of maturity.

Not to turn this into an argument about public universities; however, UVA and Cal Berkeley are head and shoulders above College Park...

Although there are also 3 public universities in Annapolis, Colorado Springs and West Point NY that would also need to be in the same conversation...Although, I'm of course a little biased. :)

Unless Zona makes some noise, I just can't see how he would sign anywhere else but OU.

That's like saying anytime OU is mentioned against Duke, UNC, KU etc that OU has no chance. It doesn't work that way. Every kid is looking for the right fit for them.

That's like saying anytime OU is mentioned against Duke, UNC, KU etc that OU has no chance. It doesn't work that way. Every kid is looking for the right fit for them.

I hate to agree with you Chendog, but that is correct. The elitus mentality in recruiting is not something we should engage in like your boy Grace. Each kid has gets comfortable around different types of coaches and different campuses.

Why? I'm typically right. You'd much improve your message board cred if you'd agree with me more. :chestram2:

You mean you typically write(a bunch of BS). I'm not one in the habit of being oppositional just because.

For some reason, I'm still not able to get my hopes up for this one.

Back