Jeff Capel addresses future >>> Tulsa World

Re: *******Capel addresses his future to the Tulsa World*******

Doesn't matter what he knows. If he knows it, then stop feeding me BS through the press.

Exactly.

I guess I just don't understand why coachspeak bothers you so much. Yes it is boring and complete BS and more quoteable guys make for much more interesting copy, but what do you expect him to say? Almost all coaches do it. It is not a Capel-specific thing.

"I want people to know I understand the situation. I expect a lot out of this team,” Knight said. “This being my third year, to me this is either a get an extension or a get fired type of year.”

“I didn’t get into this to lose or be mediocre. We’ve got to get this team to the NCAA tournament. We have six seniors. We were bad the first year, pretty good last year, now it’s time to be good.”
-Pat Knight (October 2010)

Thats what I want the coach to say... be honest, tell us you know whats going on, no excuses, no bs... win or go home. Knight didnt win, and he knew he was gonna get fired.

Thats what I want the coach to say... be honest, tell us you know whats going on, no excuses, no bs... win or go home. Knight didnt win, and he knew he was gonna get fired.

But that is the point. He got fired because he lost games. Not because of his style of answering questions to the media. Keep your eye on the ball. What matters is the wins and losses. Not the other stuff.

a lot of butt hurt going on... when it appears capel may be staying... joy in mudville if it appears he's leaving... the biggest frustration with being a sooner fan??? other sooner fans...

dead man walking

Exactly.

"I want people to know I understand the situation. I expect a lot out of this team,” Knight said. “This being my third year, to me this is either a get an extension or a get fired type of year.”

“I didn’t get into this to lose or be mediocre. We’ve got to get this team to the NCAA tournament. We have six seniors. We were bad the first year, pretty good last year, now it’s time to be good.”
-Pat Knight (October 2010)

Wanting a coach more like Pat Knight is something you'll never hear me say.

Wish Capel was more like Pat Knight. Fired, that is.

Joe C. checked into the hotel right after me. He was not wearing a "Coach Wanted" sign.
Hope this helps.

Joe C. checked into the hotel right after me. He was not wearing a "Coach Wanted" sign.
Hope this helps.

:clap:clap:clap:ez-roll::ez-roll:

Jeff Capelgate has reached Bomar vs Thompson vs Grady levels......

Hope this helps.

Whew. That's great news. We can cross Doc Sadler off the list. I didn't want any of the coaches from the Big 12 anyway.

Besides, if Billy Clyde is the man, Joe C. won't even have to get his "Coach Wanted" sign out of storage.

I think Capel's job rest on whether or not he can land any major recruits. If he doesn't, I think the writing is on the wall.

In fact, he may be gone by the end of the day. All the anger by fans (especially here!) and media speculation will most likely be perceived by Joe C. as too much of a distraction for the Univ. to move forward (in a positive way) [thanks Bob].

Last edited:
I think Capel's job rest on whether or not he can land any major recruits. If he doesn't, I think the writing is on the wall.

Joe C is not going to wait that long to decide. He can't.

WOW!, I just amazed myself with my post count!:clap:ez-roll:

There it goes again!

You voted no in the fire Capel thread?

That's true but I'm not that sure about it and a good joke is too good to pass up! I think next year might be decent with him as coach and all these players returning, but I won't raise one objection if he's gone.

Back