John Wall - This is how a Lotto plays

By far the best? Doubtful. My money is on a 6'10" 245 lb freshman who is shooting 68%, grabbing over 8 boards and blocking a couple shots a game.

My guy was the McDonalds MVP last season and is a year younger than Wall. Of course Wall was not allowed to play in the McDonalds game because it took him 5 years to graduate high school. My guy is attending one of the finest technical schools in the world so he is infinitely brighter than Wall.

Dude, wall is the #1 pick and it's not close. Embrace it, deal with it, live with it.

1238824133.jpg

Nobody is "by far" better than this guy.

How is Georgia Tech doing, by the way? In the ACC do they have chance against Duke and North Carolina?

I've not gotten to see Favors in action yet, so I can't speculate as to what his draft position might be. I did get to watch Wall against UNC and UConn and was impressed with how he stepped up against the two toughest opponents they've faced. No doubt the NBA scouts noticed as well.

I wish I would have seen what was said before the moderator edit. Buttermaker, I can only imagine, probably some funny stuff. Mods, never delete a buttermaker post, the comic relief is too good.

Ok, I will trust you on this one.
It's not like I'm the only one that thinks he is taller than 6'2"

Last edited:
I wish I would have seen what was said before the moderator edit. Buttermaker, I can only imagine.

It's not like I'm the only one that thinks he is taller than 6'2"

Do you think he is closer to 6'4? there are just so many reports that range from 6'2 to 6'4...i havent had the pleasure of playing with or against him and cant really tell from the stands...

Do you think he is closer to 6'4? there are just so many reports that range from 6'2 to 6'4...i havent had the pleasure of playing with or against him and cant really tell from the stands...
I'm a shade over 6'2 and I would say he was nearly an inch taller. I doubt there is anyway he is 6'4. I bet he measures at 6'3 or just a bit more than that.

Again, thebigabd's point is not invalid because he is slighting him an inch, I just think it's fair to give him that inch.

This thread is not about Warren its about Wall. I didn't say anything Warren when I started this thread.

No, you didn't mention WWIII in your post, but it was quite obviously implied considering you started the thread about Willie not being a lotto pick and made the same comment in the "Willie Warrens 3pt shooting' thread just last night.

Willie may or may not be a lotto. I certainly think he will be because of his massive potential. I think he will adjust to his new role on the team and explode at some point and we'll see much more of the potential come to fruition. Watch and see.

I'm a shade over 6'2 and I would say he was nearly an inch taller. I doubt there is anyway he is 6'4. I bet he measures at 6'3 or just a bit more than that.

Again, thebigabd's point is not invalid because he is slighting him an inch, I just think it's fair to give him that inch.

agreed...with all the speculation around guys heights it is just nice to know...specially Willies

I saw Wall hit the game winning shot against Miami of Ohio. Then watched him against UNC and UConn. To quote Coolm, "he was a man among boys". Is he consistent....not yet. But he does have talent around him which means that as he and they mature he will become more so. He will be the #1 pick which I could care less about. However, for this one year he is playing college ball we should all enjoy watching him because I wouldn't bet against him being POY and leading his team to the NCAA title.

Willie is definitely not 6'4"...I will give him 6'3".

What's funny is 6'2 to 6'4 isn't really that big of a deal. What really matters in that range is wingspan when it comes to the league. Either height you are an undersized two or a good sized 1. Length, however, can compensate for height and allow a guy to play the 2.

Good example: Eric Gordon- only 6'3.25 IN shoes, but a 6'9 wingspan

Bad example: Jerryd Bayless- 6'3 w/ shoes, 6'3.5 wingspan

What's funny is 6'2 to 6'4 isn't really that big of a deal. What really matters in that range is wingspan when it comes to the league. Either height you are an undersized two or a good sized 1. Length, however, can compensate for height and allow a guy to play the 2.

Good example: Eric Gordon- only 6'3.25 IN shoes, but a 6'9 wingspan

Bad example: Jerryd Bayless- 6'3 w/ shoes, 6'3.5 wingspan
I doubt Willie has a big wingspan.

I disagree... John Wall is pure point guard and Willie is a 6'2'' shooting guard trying to prove he can be a point guard.

Pure PG? Really? He shot the most shots on his team, had 2 assists and 7 turnovers. John Wall is the #1 pick in the draft. No doubt. But he's far from a "pure point guard".

Pure PG? Really? He shot the most shots on his team, had 2 assists and 7 turnovers. John Wall is the #1 pick in the draft. No doubt. But he's far from a "pure point guard".

I guarantee you some of these same people were the ones saying Sherron Collins turned the ball over to much to be considered the best PG in the country. LOL.

John Wall is also far from a finished project. I can't for the life of me figure out why UCONN had Stanley Robinson on him at the end of the game. Just stupid.

He struggled for a lot of the game with Walker's quickness, Wall doesn't have a lot of wiggle in his game, mostly straight line speed. His shot has looked better than I thought it would be but he is a little slow getting it off.

Either way the kid is an absolute stud, I liked Derek Rose a little better but Wall probably has a higher ceiling.

Willie looks about 6 3 to me but doesnt play "big" because he doesnt have that aforementioned huge wingspan. Id believe he is 6 2 also but PM says hes not so.

John Wall is off the charts... I thought Derrick Rose was one of the most athletic kids Ive seen in a while at the college level playing the PG position but John Wall looks even better. I dont think there is any question that he probably has a higher ceiling either.

Willie looks about 6 3 to me but doesnt play "big" because he doesnt have that aforementioned huge wingspan. Id believe he is 6 2 also but PM says hes not so.

John Wall is off the charts... I thought Derrick Rose was one of the most athletic kids Ive seen in a while at the college level playing the PG position but John Wall looks even better. I dont think there is any question that he probably has a higher ceiling either.

I think Derek Rose is probably just as explosive vertically (though he's got creaky knees) but Wall is so fast from end to end and is much more explosive off of one foot. He also seems to be longer armed as well.

I think Rose is a much better PG, took better care of the ball, and probably a little better leader. Wall, however, is just a killer on the court. He is ALWAYS in attack mode and never lets you get settled on defense. He reminds me really of a bigger version of Ty Lawson. He is always probing the defense, always running the ball up your back on a made basket, always forcing your defense to make decisions on the run.

Back