Josh Smith

soonerczech

Reaction score
Are we still in the running for him? Last update was about him rescheduling his UCLA trip for last weekend. Did I miss him committing there?

To my understanding he took a trip to UCLA this past weekend and is considered a "silent" commit by some. I think there is still a chance he makes it out here for a visit but I don't think OU has a good of a chance as say Jones or Lamb as far as being a Sooner.

To my understanding he took a trip to UCLA this past weekend and is considered a "silent" commit by some. I think there is still a chance he makes it out here for a visit but I don't think OU has a good of a chance as say Jones or Lamb as far as being a Sooner.

I think soonersam hit it right on the head. Smith has long been a UCLA lean, made the trip to UCLA this past weekend and all accounts say he had a wonderful time. I'm a bit surprised he still hasn't committed, but it appears his father wants him to wait until after football season to get serious about recruiting. OU may have a chance, but he is a big UCLA lean at this point.

Doesn't look good for Oklahoma now per ESPN:

Josh Smith to decide between Bruins and Huskies
ESPNU 100 center Josh Smith will choose between UCLA and Washington and is expected to announce his decision in the next few weeks, his mother, Tracey, told The Seattle Times.

Oh well, Clark Francis got our hopes up for nothing I guess. ;)

On the bright side, that could help us with Jones depending on scholarship situations.

Back